5,814,633 Members 53,977 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlock your SD card(tested on HD2) after WP7 or Mango installation :)

Tip us?

NYSEAN1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Oug View Post
Thanks a lot mt8 had a 8 gb card and when i installed android on nand the card was preety much dead 0 Kb space and formated using various formating tools but no luck and saw this thread and gave it a shot and i have my card with 8 gb in it. i am using cwm 3.0

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium
I am glad it worked for you somehow

NYSEAN1
Old
(Last edited by NYSEAN1; 11th May 2012 at 01:24 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatdoyaknow View Post
Thanks for your explanation NYSEAN1

Thus your title/heading is fully correct - to unlock from Yuki rom.
I guess I got excited thinking that meant unlock a "bricked" SD card, which has been bricked through an error installing a WP7 rom such as Yuki rom. The two issues are different. However, you have not claimed the later case, but the first, and that is fair enough.

I have always hoped that an Android system might resurrect a fully bricked card- I still hope, but not their yet.

Thanks again

Edit 1: BTW thanks for putting me on to ext4. I do like it!!!

Edit 2:
Seems like the only way for a bricked card is for a Nokia device (or similar), which I don't have. See
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1242071
EXT4 recovery is the best, isn't it? I have it for months now and love it Sorry it did not help you with the bricked card...I suppose mine was not bricked then....however it does help restore your card after WP7...my card was not recognized by any device before I did this process to get it back....In any ways I am sticking to WM6.5...need my Garmin with live traffic and many android SD Roms on it...

NYSEAN1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlydiard View Post
Cotulla has indicated that the next version of MAGDLR for LEO will include the ability to unlock SD cards that have been locked by WP7.
Thanks...good info.
Tags
damaged sd card, restore sd card, unlock wp7 sd card, wp7 damaged sd card