5,606,588 Members 35,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Dec 27] Ubuntu for HTC HD2 - v0.3 released

Tip us?

igorbullz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
who tried install ubuntu 0.3 and then do autoupdate to 11.04?

pioterek2666
Old
Thanks Meter 11
No one if you want to be first than give it a try!

Sopalajo de Arrierez
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioterek2666 View Post
No one if you want to be first than give it a try!
This is the best idea :)
But I would wait to 12.04, because it will be a LTS version (more stable and so, it is supposed).
Anyway, I am not sure the update will be OK, due to this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1569460

but somebody say they could perform "apt-get update" without problems.

igorbullz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
i`ll try through wifi, over gprs 400mb is too slow (sory for my english)

Robbie P
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2688
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorbullz View Post
who tried install ubuntu 0.3 and then do autoupdate to 11.04?
I did once try to update the 10.10 Ubuntu in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1025499, but with no luck. It just hung for ages.

HTC HD2 (EU)
SPL 2.08. HSPL3;
Magldr 1.13 thanks bepe & Cotulla
On NAND - WP7.8 pdaimatejam v8.8 thanks to pdaimatejam, DFT, YukiXDA, xboxmod etc
On SDcards - Numerous Android SD builds & NativeSD ROMs (Thanks boonbing, Xylograph, securecrt & Almighty tytung!)
Radio 2.15.50.14 & Thanks to everyone@XDA
Recognised Contributor Code of Conduct

Learning Never Ends Team member
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbie P For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pioterek2666
Old
(Last edited by pioterek2666; 9th April 2012 at 04:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopalajo de Arrierez View Post
This is the best idea :)
But I would wait to 12.04, because it will be a LTS version (more stable and so, it is supposed).

That was just a joke! The only way to have newest ubuntu on our leo is building from source just like previous versions was created.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to pioterek2666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sado1
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Guys, as you can read in posts at MAGLDR version topic, 10.04 runs at MAGLDR (or even CLK) with Wifi and Touchscreen working (needs few tweaks though). That being said, I also managed to run 11.10 and 12.04 beta 2 (daily image, ~10 days newer than Beta 2, to be precise). It was VERY easy - I just changed the kernel to warren's 2.6.35 (also known as ACA kernel). But Wifi (and 3G) doesn't seem to work on 11.10/12.04 - keep in mind though that 10.04 was heavily customized for HD2, and what I did run were unmodified Ubuntu versions. Also, Unity 2D is glitching like hell, that's why I won't even bother working on it anymore - if someone figures out how to force launcher to close after launching a program, good job. Changing the WM would be ideal, but I dunno how to do it without Internet connection. (Unless using some chroot magic, but I'm not sure how to do that with ARM image on x86 pc) Keep in mind that I don't have any idea how would that work on HARET.
Samsung (OG) Galaxy i7500 --> HTC HD2
The Following User Says Thank You to sado1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hopkinskong
Old
Thanks Meter 131

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sado1 View Post
Guys, as you can read in posts at MAGLDR version topic, 10.04 runs at MAGLDR (or even CLK) with Wifi and Touchscreen working (needs few tweaks though). That being said, I also managed to run 11.10 and 12.04 beta 2 (daily image, ~10 days newer than Beta 2, to be precise). It was VERY easy - I just changed the kernel to warren's 2.6.35 (also known as ACA kernel). But Wifi (and 3G) doesn't seem to work on 11.10/12.04 - keep in mind though that 10.04 was heavily customized for HD2, and what I did run were unmodified Ubuntu versions. Also, Unity 2D is glitching like hell, that's why I won't even bother working on it anymore - if someone figures out how to force launcher to close after launching a program, good job. Changing the WM would be ideal, but I dunno how to do it without Internet connection. (Unless using some chroot magic, but I'm not sure how to do that with ARM image on x86 pc) Keep in mind that I don't have any idea how would that work on HARET.
Is that kernel designed for Android only? If yes, the wifi and 3G will not work.
If it has source, try to build it from source with modified parameters for linux.

torken
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Unhappy Blue bar?

Hey guys!
When i launch the "haret-pre-0.5.3-20100629_092009-QSD8250-ONLY.exe" file from the file explorer on the phone, it doesn't boot into Ubuntu. It only shows me a few lines of code wich then fade out and after a minute or two a thin blue bar appears. The bar's on the left side of the screen and nothing happens until i pull the battery and the phone boots back into WM.
Did anybody had the same issue? What should I do to get this to work properly?

(If this question is redundant, i'm really sorry, I searched the thread and couldn't find anything that describes the problem i'm having right now.)

vikingzou
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by torken View Post
Hey guys!
When i launch the "haret-pre-0.5.3-20100629_092009-QSD8250-ONLY.exe" file from the file explorer on the phone, it doesn't boot into Ubuntu. It only shows me a few lines of code wich then fade out and after a minute or two a thin blue bar appears. The bar's on the left side of the screen and nothing happens until i pull the battery and the phone boots back into WM.
Did anybody had the same issue? What should I do to get this to work properly?

(If this question is redundant, i'm really sorry, I searched the thread and couldn't find anything that describes the problem i'm having right now.)
you may need to upgrade your radio.

Tags
支持!!!!!