Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 51,739 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP THREAD] HTC Sensation | Ask any question | Noob friendly.

Tip us?

ganeshp
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3261

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggravating View Post
I have flashed the correct firmware for ICS ROMs. 3.32, the latest one. I have tried to flash a total of 3 ROMs. And everytime i just boot up and it stays on the boot screen. I waited at least 30min to an hour waiting for each one to boot and they just stay on the boot screen. On the last one i checked the md5 sums and everything, and still get stuck at the boot screen. Does anyone know what could be wrong and why my ROMs wont boot? Please Help
i require more info to completely understand your issue
what is the last custom rom you tried ?
post your complete HBOOT details ...(vol down + power)

also if you have adb/fastboot setup do this
1.keep your device in fastboot mode and connect it to pc (phone reads "fastboot usb" after this)
2.go to your adb folder and type this

fastboot getvar all
post the output here except imei and serial number in the list

then after this i can suggest you the best solution

Device Details:
Current phone: Nexus 5 -with franko kernel
Ex phone: HTC sensation 4G, Revelation Rom

CLICK ME --->>> GUIDE TO SOFF NO HTC DEV (1.2x HBOOTS)--NEW ONE CLICK ROOT

FOR NEWBIES ---> How to be a New User(not a noob)

IRC HELP talk with experts directly NOOB friendly
IRC HELP CHANNEL
The Following User Says Thank You to ganeshp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bobblybook
Old
(Last edited by Bobblybook; 11th May 2012 at 05:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Backing up recovery

Hi there,

Planning on flashing an ICS rom to my stock sensation (first time androiding!) and was wondering if there is any easy way to do a FULL backup (not just NAND), eg. stock recovery, boot also. I haven't found any threads so far that explain this, they all just say to go and download a RUU from somewhere else, so I assume it either isn't possible, or is a waste of time or something?

I haven't changed anything from stock yet so I would ideally like to create anything myself NOW that I would need to restore to stock, rather than running around later searching for stuff to download. I'm far from a tech noob but I'm a newbie to phones!
Thanks

Edit: Some info from the stock image, incase anything is relevant:

HTC Sensation Z710a
Android 2.3.4, Sense 3.0
Software: 1.50.862.1
Kernel: 2.6.35.13-gd68f0af
Baseband: 10.56.9035.00U_10.14.9035.01_M
Build: 1.50.862.1 CL157335

Element515
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I have ICS installed with android revolution, wifi calling works for texts, but calls just drop. Is there any fix for this yet? or do we have to wait for tmobile to bring ICS officially to the phone?

muddledlunacy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by malybru View Post
Hi,

It seems that you have updated the firmware,and should now be able to flash an ICS ROM.
Try THIS ONE
Scroll down ,pick a ROM and use the SuperWipe first.

Excellent! That worked perfectly for me, and I'm loving ARHD so far. Any suggestions for ways to make it more customizable? Is there a mod or something for that?

Also, I no longer have the HTC 'people' widget, and I can't seem to find a replacement I actually like. Does anyone know where I can find the stock one?

trkaaa
Old
(Last edited by trkaaa; 11th May 2012 at 08:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblybook View Post
Hi there,

Planning on flashing an ICS rom to my stock sensation (first time androiding!) and was wondering if there is any easy way to do a FULL backup (not just NAND), eg. stock recovery, boot also. I haven't found any threads so far that explain this, they all just say to go and download a RUU from somewhere else, so I assume it either isn't possible, or is a waste of time or something?

I haven't changed anything from stock yet so I would ideally like to create anything myself NOW that I would need to restore to stock, rather than running around later searching for stuff to download. I'm far from a tech noob but I'm a newbie to phones!
Thanks
Edit: Some info from the stock image, incase anything is relevant:
HTC Sensation Z710a
Android 2.3.4, Sense 3.0
Software: 1.50.862.1
Kernel: 2.6.35.13-gd68f0af
Baseband: 10.56.9035.00U_10.14.9035.01_M
Build: 1.50.862.1 CL157335
  • there is no way to backup firmware " hboot , radio, ... " using NAND or any other means
  • just download your Original RUU that you have now , this is your Backup it is the same exact Rom you have now " Software and Firmware "
  • Backup " if you want to call it that way " for firmware only it is done by flashing the correct firmware either for upgrade or downgrade
  • after S-OFF immediately , make a NAND Backup with your Original Software this is your Main Backup , it will not be used for downgrade if you installed ICS later on
  • this 1.50.862.1 software maybe may not work with revolutionary , so then downgrade using link in my signature or directly use tacoroot " on your own risk "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element515 View Post
I have ICS installed with android revolution, wifi calling works for texts, but calls just drop. Is there any fix for this yet? or do we have to wait for tmobile to bring ICS officially to the phone?
  • there is a Patch inside ARHD changelog for wifi calling , also t-mobile will issue ICS Update soon and the new ICS wifi calling shall be included in ARHD or maybe will be ported from the One X
  • search ARHD thread for solution to fit the build.prop to dish 3 " 2 values " as i remember
  • please note that i don't use wifi calling myself

if you feel like Pressing my thanks Button , Please do

- Downgrade S-ON New firmware and GB OTA for Successful Revolutionary first time S-off ( Sensation )
here

- Solve WiFi Errors , Radio Flashing Problem , Caused by htc Dev Unlock Method ( Sensation ) here

- [Guide] Successful S-OFF after bricked ( wrong S-ON ) for ICS and GB
( Sensation )
here
The Following User Says Thank You to trkaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dublinz
Old
Thanks Meter 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddledlunacy View Post
Excellent! That worked perfectly for me, and I'm loving ARHD so far. Any suggestions for ways to make it more customizable? Is there a mod or something for that?

Also, I no longer have the HTC 'people' widget, and I can't seem to find a replacement I actually like. Does anyone know where I can find the stock one?
I am using THIS mod with ARHD , and i like it

Devices :
HTC Desisre
HTC Sensation XE
Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy S4
The Following User Says Thank You to dublinz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aggravating
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshp View Post
i require more info to completely understand your issue
what is the last custom rom you tried ?
post your complete HBOOT details ...(vol down + power)

also if you have adb/fastboot setup do this
1.keep your device in fastboot mode and connect it to pc (phone reads "fastboot usb" after this)
2.go to your adb folder and type this

fastboot getvar all
post the output here except imei and serial number in the list

then after this i can suggest you the best solution
The last ROM I tried was Elegancia. Then before that HyperNonSense v2.7, and before that ARHD.

My HBOOT details:
-Revolutionary-
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT- 1.27.1100
RADIO- 11.22.3504.07_M

fastboot getvar all output:

INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.27.1100
INFOversion-baseband: N/A
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 1.24.401.1
INFOproduct: pyramid
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8260
INFOmodelid: PG5810000
INFOcidnum: 11111111
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4084mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: off
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: 617f0a98
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0

trkaaa
Old
Thanks Meter 899
Quote:
The last ROM I tried was Elegancia. Then before that HyperNonSense v2.7, and before that ARHD.

My HBOOT details:
-Revolutionary-
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT- 1.27.1100
RADIO- 11.22.3504.07_M
  • stick with ARHD , super wipe and flash it , better choose stock kernel ,
  • flash boot.img from fastboot " for the same kernel you choosed during installation "
  • if the above don't solve the problem then :
    • flash GB RUU 1.24.401.1
    • or flash firmware 1.17 and a GB custom Rom

- Downgrade S-ON New firmware and GB OTA for Successful Revolutionary first time S-off ( Sensation )
here

- Solve WiFi Errors , Radio Flashing Problem , Caused by htc Dev Unlock Method ( Sensation ) here

( Sensation )
here
The Following User Says Thank You to trkaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aggravating
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaaa View Post
  • stick with ARHD , super wipe and flash it , better choose stock kernel ,
  • flash boot.img from fastboot " for the same kernel you choosed during installation "
  • if the above don't solve the problem then :
    • flash GB RUU 1.24.401.1
    • or flash firmware 1.17 and a GB custom Rom
Thanks so much, yeah i dont think ICS roms are gonna work for some reason.
Which GB custom rom do you recommend?

trkaaa
Old
(Last edited by trkaaa; 12th May 2012 at 04:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 899
Quote:
Thanks so much, yeah i dont think ICS roms are gonna work for some reason.
Which GB custom rom do you recommend?
  • yes , ICS will not work unless you flash the matching boot.img from PC , i think this will work
  • in case you didn't notice , the info shows that you have a GB boot.img and you are installing ICS Roms , that is the reason they won't boot
  • if you want GB try the 2.3.3 rom: Dropbox or ARHD GB Roms

here

( Sensation )
here

Tags
a bunch of guys who know it all, answer, can i get a hug?, ganesh is hero, guru ganesh, help me now i burnt my carrot cake, malybru is da best, noob, question, save me tinky1, sensation