Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,629 Members 54,283 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please help with SIM unlock

Tip us?

neotictac
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Please help with SIM unlock

So I have a LG E900 and C900 which I would like to unlock.
My E900 is Orange France and C900 is AT&T.

From my understanding I can go buy unlock codes from diverse vendors to unlock the phone. But when I insert my SIM card(non ORG, non AT&T) the device never asks me to input any codes. Instead it just tells me the device is missing SIM or SIM is invalid.

Is there any code that prompts to change SIM code?

Also, what's the difference between debranding and buying a SIM code?

Thanks!

davide136
Old
Thanks Meter 65

DONATE TO ME
If they give U a code it will be like ##3282#, try to compose this but don't touch nothing...with a code like this they will unlock only that particularimei of the phone...u can try this or U can try to debrand your phones editing the registry, there is a guide in this section...

Sent from my LG-E900 using Board Express
if you think i helped you give me a thank or think about donating, the button is under the profile picture (university is a lot heavy for my pocketbook)

neotictac
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Is debranding one of the method to carrier unlock?
I wasn't sure what debranding does to my phone.
Also, is it possible to restore the setting after I play around with the registry?

davide136
Old
Thanks Meter 65

DONATE TO ME
I don't know if debrand affect SIM unlock...but U can try, in case it didn't worked U could always revert back the reg keys...but, to debrand U have t update fw, the same is for branding, so it will take time cause there must be an update available...obviously if U downgrade with Zune U can abbreviate the time...hope to be clear...

Sent from my LG-E900 using Board Express
if you think i helped you give me a thank or think about donating, the button is under the profile picture (university is a lot heavy for my pocketbook)

neo.bahamut.zero
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Unlock code for E900 costs about 2 on Ebay (I bought mine there, works perfectly), so I'd try that first, before flashing/downgrading.
Just insert unsupported sim, enter the NCK code, and that's it.