Unlocking Focus S

Search This thread

Zurvv

Jan 8, 2010
New York City
Any try it on t-mobile USA yet? i have the phone coming and i know that the edge is going to suck.. what about text msg et al? working? which APN are ppl using? epc? voicestream?

Thanks

johnsies

Dec 7, 2011
I unlocked it using this...

in 7 minutes I received SIM unlock code ;)
been using it since then.. no problem with APN.. download Wireless Manager from Samsung Marketplace then you can set it..

Sounds good, I am excited to receive mine next week. Going from a Focus to a Focus S.

Did you manage to get MMS working?

BassetHound

Nov 14, 2011
youtube.com
I unlocked mine with the samsungimeiunlock website.

I have got everything working except for mms because the Wireless Manager won't hold the settings. I'm using it on Telus.

Tru310

Dec 15, 2011
someone please lets us kno asap if they figured out the mms problem on the focus s/flash

Tredell

Sep 2, 2008
I've gone through that process and I can send but not receive MMS messages. It's wierd, the sender doesnt get an error, but my phone never receives the message.

Tredell

Sep 2, 2008
MMS is Fixed! :D The new windowbreak fixed it for sending and receiving for me on my Samsung Focus S unlocked to Telus!

link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1407652

did you just go to the site to jailbreak it and then it stated working?

EDIT - I tried Window Break and I lost my cellular data connection. No matter what I did I could not get it back.. .so I re-installed the system tweaks (the one that enables Internet Connection Sharing) and now I'm back to where I was before. I can send MMS but cannot receive them.

-Tredell

Last edited:

explorer-10

Dec 28, 2010
L.A.
Will it be possible to use it on a tmobile carrier and will it eventually be modded to the point where it's installable with an android rom, possibly ICS?? ;)

BigJeff

Jun 4, 2011
Stanwood
Ok so I just traded in my garbage phone for the Focus S. But I really want to put it on Tmobiles network... What would be the cheapest site to unlock it with that DOESNT require PayPal and I can just pay with a debit card... Anyways thanks.

googcs

Jan 13, 2005
That site does not exist, are you sure its the right site? Did you get your unlock from them?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Focus released in Novemeber 2010
    Unlock codes available from AT&T May 2011.
    It was unlockable via websites much earlier.

Sent from my Focus using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
    First unlocking (paid) last week of November 2010.
    Shortly after Focus released.
    to soon? :)
    I really want to go to an ATT store and pick up a off contract Samsung Focus S... of course i'm not going to use ATT (ugh.. in NYC they are so bad.. and, we all know they have crazy $$ limited data plans).
    Do we assume unlock code ppl will be able to take care of it or should i wait a bit?

I'm going with T-mobile edge (ugh) and i always carry around a clearwire hotspot (it zooms in manhattan and brooklyn.. always get 10mb+) for the data.

If there is no unlock now for it.. this thread will be useful when there is :)

Hi,

I'm reliably informed by a guy in the UK who has one from AT&T and got it unlocked by fastgsm dot com I also bought one from AT&T Florida, well I didn't a freind of mine who is on holiday in the USA did, and I get it on Tuesday when he's back. I will be using fastgsm dot com and will post the outcome

Hope this Helps
    I bought the Focus S this weekend and got it unlocked from the Samsung unlock site mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm now using it on TELUS in Canada.

Only issues I've found so far is that both MMS and Internet Sharing don't work. Once the Cheveron unlocker is available again I'll dev unlock it and see if I can get those features working.

Tredell