XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Launcher] Sweeter Home Beta 2 & How to use guide [Theme]Spee Simple

Tip us?

duckredbeard
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevjef420 View Post
For instance, you can have one spring board that opens 4 other spring boards simultaneousnessly then each one of these can control certain menus or folders and widgets. then from within each one of these you can have it so clicking each spring boards will either close all other boards or keep them open depending on the group that you lable them in.
This is what I want to do. My right side is all springboards that launch custom trays. I'd like one springboard that brings them all into view so I can then select one of these to launch the associated tray. Having them all minimize upon app selection would be convenient, but not crucial. Can you help me?

You can't know your limits until you exceed them.
Galaxy S4 (AT&T), GoldenEye 26
Asus TF700, CROMBI-KK
My other device is an all grain HomeBrew rig.

amp777
Old
Thanks Meter 2
wow this launcher at first was just to much.. but after downloading some other themes people had put together it really opened my eyes on how this launcher works and i love this launcher! its allot of work, but you can make everything look exactly how you want it to!!! the only thing is when you download the app the dev. should have screens with demonstrations to show the basic layout and such... but great job and i hope this launcher is still under development and not abandoned! it seems ima have to do some more research!

gondronk
Old
Thanks Meter 3
nice launcher...

im installing this launcher at my galaxy 5503
but i dont know why...the font is tooooo small

i hope this launcher not for xperia only

iaanpermana
Old
Thanks Meter 0
nice
will try it soon

stanzzzzz
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Will Try it now..

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

prov1x
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This easily is the best launcher out now.

funkpod
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevjef420 View Post
Ok, what you ask is possible. first what you have to do is put the clock on a low layer like 1. Then make a picture on layer 2 that fills the whole screen that matches your wallpaper (or dont even use wallpaper just just full screen pictures like i do. Then in the spring boards that you are using to open your custom tray, use it also to open the picture thus covering layer 1 and making your clock disappear.

You just need to experiment. there is a lot that this home replacement can do.

For instance, you can have one spring board that opens 4 other spring boards simultaneousnessly then each one of these can control certain menus or folders and widgets. then from within each one of these you can have it so clicking each spring boards will either close all other boards or keep them open depending on the group that you lable them in.

i encourage anyone to give this home replacement more then a 20 minute try because it takes a while to figure everything out. I wish the the developer would make a tutorial on how to take full advantage this.

one word of advice. don't bother using any of the themes that you can download because they are set for other phone with other defaults and other programs and widgets and they will not work properly on your phone. just go to edit and start a new one from scratch.

it takes a while to get what you want. for example if you want a custom icon there are 2 ways to get this. first you can create a picture containing the icon you want and then create a custom drawer, exit edit mode then long press that drawer to add the icon from a list of your apps. then go back into edit mode. edit the custom drawer to lock so you can not add more apps or remove this on. then edit icon style and change icon blending to clear so it is invisable thus only showing the icon picture you added the first time. blahhhh... sounds like a lot of work. well it is.

the other way is to use desktop visualizer. create a widget with the one you want and then it is done.

be patient and give it a try. here is a theme that i created.

first is the home screen, press the android and it opens a spring board to other spring boards with commonly used apps and widgets. second is my app drawer, this is the bottom screen. swipe up and it brings you here, back button returns to home screen. the last is the just more folders and stuff. i plan to do more but it takes time.

hope this helps anyone who is willing to give sweeter home a try.
hello, i know this thread is a little old...

but what's this theme called? is it uploaded to the sweeter home servers? can i download it? great job!

gr8hairy1
Old
Thanks Meter 169

DONATE TO ME
I'm dying here. The launcher expired and I can't find a newer one. Any way to remove the expiration? Or even better, an updated version of it?

Does anyone know of another launcher that has a plus shaped home screen layout? I can't go back to side only scrolling home screens

funkpod
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8hairy1 View Post
I'm dying here. The launcher expired and I can't find a newer one. Any way to remove the expiration? Or even better, an updated version of it?

Does anyone know of another launcher that has a plus shaped home screen layout? I can't go back to side only scrolling home screens
usually you can just download the new one here...

http://www.sweeterhome.com/

i see it was just updated today.

hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to funkpod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gr8hairy1
Old
Thanks Meter 169

DONATE TO ME
Yeah buddy! Thanks for the info.

I spent at least a couple hours searching google play and the web for launchers......nothing would do. Tsf shell, spb shell, go launcher, nemus, zeam, launcher pro, pure breeze, ss launcher, vtl, claystone, apex, regina 3d, netfront, mx home, rui, bunch of other decent ones I can't remember the name of and even more pointless ones that I'm glad I can't remember their names (amazing how few launchers come up on google play when you type in "launchers").

None were enough, and some I've used a long time previous to sweeter home.

I barely use the shortcuts that come with the themes from sweeter home. The home screens are laid out like a plus symbol(most themes are like that). So you have 4 home screens that are only one swipe away from the main home screen. In each of the home screens I have one full screen widget from Folder Organizer setup with each of the apps I want.

Add Smart Taskbar to that and GestureControl, you have an amazingly useful ui.

Speaking if GestureControl, how we all like the idea of long pressing the back key to force close the app you're in? I set up a gesture so all I have to do is pinch the screen with three fingers.

Does it get in the way? I installed a bunch of gestures on my wife's asus transformer and didn't tell her until after she had been using it. Not one wrong gesture.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium