Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,483 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][Xperia S] Advanced Stock Kernel with Recovery {GB} [Rel:v01][Dt:05/MAY]

Tip us?

Mano1982
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by nl2008 View Post
When pressing camera button, it doesn't focus the image and can not take the photo. The only way to take the photo is to touch the screen. Even when changing the settings to either button or touch screen to take photo option !
Which Rom? Cause i am using this kernel and take photos with camera button without any problem

Yakandu
Old
Thanks Meter 757

DONATE TO ME
quick question, can we udnervolt with this kernel?
Excuse my limited English. Correction are welcome.

Imagine a future where every Sunday, instead of going to church, we all meet up to do science for an hour.

sigma9988
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakandu View Post
quick question, can we udnervolt with this kernel?
Cant changed cpu voltage, this really stock kernel

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to sigma9988 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nl2008
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mano1982 View Post
Which Rom? Cause i am using this kernel and take photos with camera button without any problem
using original SG (singapore) ROM. Its definitely the kernel problem cause when i flash back the original rom with original kernel. The problems are gone !!! The original kernel still better than the rest !

Mano1982
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
using original SG (singapore) ROM. Its definitely the kernel problem cause when i flash back the original rom with original kernel. The problems are gone !!! The original kernel still better than the rest !
Ok, i am on another ROM, Butterfly ROM which is actually based on stock This kernel is wroking fine with Butterfly ROM

brim4brim
Old
(Last edited by brim4brim; 10th May 2012 at 10:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Hi,

I flashed this and I'm having an issue, maybe unrelated.

I can't do usb debugging with the device. Typing adv devices shows empty list.

In fact, it won't show in other devices in my computer unless I enable USB debugging and then it took ages for windows to install an mtp device driver which seems to be something to interact with Windows media player.

Same with Flash Tool, it says connected but USB debugging not enabled when it is enabled.

Anyway, I'm trying to debug my android application from eclipse and can't so if anybody knows a trick, let me know. My machine is running Vista but it is work machine so can't change that.

edit--

I've tried it on Windows 7 machine and it works there so it is definitely Vista causing my issue.

DooMLoRD
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 37970
Quote:
When pressing camera button, it doesn't focus the image and can not take the photo. The only way to take the photo is to touch the screen. Even when changing the settings to either button or touch screen to take photo option !
i tested it again and all is fine mate...

soft press on the camera button focuses the image/preview... and hard press takes the snapshot/photo...
The Following User Says Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

optik19918
Old
Thanks Meter 226
hi Doom i tested and works all fine except apps like titanium backup pro don't freeze and unfreeze apps, i'm on .73 firmware

zanndoth
Old
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by optik19918 View Post
hi Doom i tested and works all fine except apps like titanium backup pro don't freeze and unfreeze apps, i'm on .73 firmware
Had the same problem. Shut-down your XPS and start again. It should be fine now. If it still fails, reflash again.
The Following User Says Thank You to zanndoth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

optik19918
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanndoth View Post
Had the same problem. Shut-down your XPS and start again. It should be fine now. If it still fails, reflash again.
Thanks for the tip but i flashed 5 or 6 times i dont remember and still nothing i think is a problem of my system not kernel related but the stock one works, idk what to do any advices?

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium