Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,804 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What Would You Like to See Added/Removed
Remove Rom Manager 15 38.46%
Keep Rom Manager 22 56.41%
Remove Fun & Games 29 74.36%
Keep Fun & Games 9 23.08%
Add ConnectBot 6 15.38%
Do Not Add ConnectBot 22 56.41%
Add Dolphin Browser HD 7 17.95%
Do Not Add Dolphin Browser HD 26 66.67%
Add exDialer w/ ICS Theme AC 9 23.08%
Do Not Add exDialer w/ ICS Theme AC 19 48.72%
Add Play Music 23 58.97%
Do Not Add Play Music 11 28.21%
Add SuperSU 22 56.41%
Do Not Add SuperSU 11 28.21%
Add OpenExplorer Beta 8 20.51%
Do Not Add OpenExplorer Beta 22 56.41%
Add Alarm Clock Plus 12 30.77%
Do Not Add Alarm Clock Plus 21 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][CDMA]CM9 - Built for R800x - U:0605

Tip us?

Leraeniesh
Old
Thanks Meter 951

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 216Monster View Post
I had the same issues, never resolved them. I thought I had old emu's but their up to date. I didn't try setting gov to performance though...
Sent from my R800x on CM9
Do you suppose SuperCharger V6 would do any good?

My gov is smartassv2, but performance dident make much of a difference. OC at 1.2GHz
Current Devices:
VZW HTC One M7 - S-OFF - CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies - Elite Lunar Kernel
AT&T Galaxy S2 i777 - Rooted - CyanogenMod 11
Nexus 7 - Unlocked - CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies
Older Devices:
Droid Razr M XT907 - Unlocked - CyanogenMod 11
Xperia Play R800x - Unlocked - Xperia NXT Gaming - DooMKernel
Kindle Fire - Rooted - Cyanogenmod 11 with SGT7 framework

216Monster
Old
(Last edited by 216Monster; 11th May 2012 at 12:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leraeniesh View Post
Do you suppose SuperCharger V6 would do any good?

My gov is smartassv2, but performance dident make much of a difference. OC at 1.2GHz
I actually never setup the v6 super, It might, but you could test by task killing all other apps running before using the emu though right?

Edit: how's the battery life @ 1.2 o/c, I've been leaving it at 1.024, at least your letting me know I'm not missing any performance by not o/c'ing right now

~ Verizon Droid MAXX BL Unlocked ~
~ Sony Ericsson Xperia Play R800at ~

Leraeniesh
Old
Thanks Meter 951

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 216Monster View Post
I actually never setup the v6 super, It might, but you could test by task killing all other apps running before using the emu though right?

Edit: how's the battery life @ 1.2 o/c, I've been leaving it at 1.024, at least your letting me know I'm not missing any performance by not o/c'ing right now

The battery life is about the same (maybe one or two hours off of standard)

Turning frame skips to 0 removes lag for video, but makes audio very skippy.

Performance gov and OC 1.6GHz removes most skips in audio, but doesent fix audio being a second or two behind.
Current Devices:
VZW HTC One M7 - S-OFF - CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies - Elite Lunar Kernel
AT&T Galaxy S2 i777 - Rooted - CyanogenMod 11
Nexus 7 - Unlocked - CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies
Older Devices:
Droid Razr M XT907 - Unlocked - CyanogenMod 11
Xperia Play R800x - Unlocked - Xperia NXT Gaming - DooMKernel
Kindle Fire - Rooted - Cyanogenmod 11 with SGT7 framework
The Following User Says Thank You to Leraeniesh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mogul345
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Try Robert Broglia's .emu emulators. From the conversations I've had with him, his emulators are built using the NDK, while GameBoid, NESoid et. al. are all written using the normal SDK. Might have better luck with his since they're running on the bare metal. His SNES emu, SNES9x EX, is free at his website, www.explusalpha.com.

That being said, he also told me that during his testing w/ CM9 on his Play, he was getting much lower framerates than with the stock ROM, and that it looked like it was a driver issue. He said if it keeps up he'd log a bug with FXP team.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mogul345 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NeoandGeo
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I get good 60fps performance out of his emulators, but only some of the time, other times it's mind numbingly annoying when the games skip and stutter sporadically.

This also happened in the stock rom and in the UK rom with no real reasoning as to why since nothing else is running in the background. It just happens more on this rom, and in CM7.
The Following User Says Thank You to NeoandGeo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mogul345
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoandGeo View Post
I get good 60fps performance out of his emulators, but only some of the time, other times it's mind numbingly annoying when the games skip and stutter sporadically.

This also happened in the stock rom and in the UK rom with no real reasoning as to why since nothing else is running in the background. It just happens more on this rom, and in CM7.
How are you getting an FPS counter? I can't find it in the menus. I find that it stutters for me when data is being transferred and a notification is being created from it, or if I lose my wifi and it's connecting back up to 3g. Must be expensive operations.

NeoandGeo
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I don't know for sure if it's 60fps solid, but the gameplay is as smooth as it is going to get. In FPSE I either get 60fps or rage inducing lag with fps all over the place verified by the built in counter.

Mogul345
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoandGeo View Post
I don't know for sure if it's 60fps solid, but the gameplay is as smooth as it is going to get. In FPSE I either get 60fps or rage inducing lag with fps all over the place verified by the built in counter.
Cool. My experiences are the same. In FPSE, when playing GT2, I get 50fps (I've got a PAL copy) in game, but the in game menus are grueling to go through, like 10fps. And if I turn on the OpenGL graphics? Less than 10fps.

crono141
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxChristos View Post
Thanks to Flyinduke, I have a logcat of it, and it looks like it's an issues with the lib files, possibly HAL, worst case which means we have to wait until Sony either release opensource bluetooth hal, or we need to wait until Sony release ICS (not a beta, but an actual release) for the Play

Also, 0425 Uploaded.
I know this is bringing up ancient history, but I had a thought. Have we tried replacing the ICS libs related to BT with GB ones to see if they work? If not all the libs, but perhaps just the one(s) that are not redirecting properly.

(is a noob on actual android library structure and differences between ICS and GB at that level)

Kinda like trying to shoehorn winXP drivers to work on Vista. Sometimes they worked, and sometimes they didn't.
R800X with GBTweaked/DooMKernel v02 and 1.5 gb Link2SD

KeiranFTW
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2724

DONATE TO ME
I might be able to fix Bluetooth audio, but no promises from me.

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk 2
Sony Xperia SP - C5303 O2

illumination app for Xperia SP

The Following User Says Thank You to KeiranFTW For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
awesomeness, bazinga, cdma, cyanogenmod, first xperia play cm9 with theme manager!!, ics, legend-wait-for-it-dary!, penut butter jelly time!, r800x, sudo install!, unofficial cm9, why haven't you installed this yet?, xperia play, zeusc