XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

htc evo 3d, worth buying?

Tip us?

m4k4ve1icro
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
I hated my evo 3d. Got it the day it came out and was never impressed. I never thought i would get any phone besides a htc until i bought the 3d. I ended up selling it and getting the e4gt and dont regret it. The only thing i miss was the higher res screen. But if u enjoy sense u might like the 3d but its too bloated and slows down the phone. The speed difference between the e4gt and the evo 3d is very noticable. And htc is in the slow lane.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Ok, but why not root it and delete bloatware? And install different launcher if you don't like sense?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA

milenkokg
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Buy phone-it's simply great!

sent from xperia x8

akiradavis
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Been on the HTC bandwagon since the 4G. The 3D isnt a huge jump as the 4G was when it came out but certainly this is the first phone I can keep longer than 2 years if I needed to. ICS brings out its potential greatly and I've even fallen back in love with the new Sense 4.0.

Also, if you like, you always run ASOP if you hate Sense. But its funny when you browse other phone's threads and see people wishing to have Sense on their Sammy devices. Makes you proud.

ckoadiyn
Old
Thanks Meter 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4k4ve1icro View Post
Ok, but why not root it and delete bloatware? And install different launcher if you don't like sense?

Please don't feed the.troll as he has no.reason to be here he hates this phone.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
TEAM MiK Since 12/18/10

Rayman206
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by milenkokg View Post
Buy phone-it's simply great!

sent from xperia x8
I agreeed

jem06009
Old
Thanks Meter 2
If ur gonna buy a new phone get the new evo lte .. evo 3d is a really good phone but I remember reading that sprint will not sell anymore new 3ds anyways unless I am mistaken

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

bobbycarver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem06009 View Post
If ur gonna buy a new phone get the new evo lte .. evo 3d is a really good phone but I remember reading that sprint will not sell anymore new 3ds anyways unless I am mistaken

im in the uk so sprint doesnt matter to me, just bought an unlocked version for 220 brand new. cant wait

bimmer2783
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem06009 View Post

Thast true, because of the network upgrade to LTE

gmfeny
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4k4ve1icro View Post

I did but the aosp roms werent too stable when i had the phone and roms without sense you had to unlock the phone before you could answer a call and had there own problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckoadiyn View Post
Please don't feed the.troll as he has no.reason to be here he hates this phone.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
Lol excuse me, im far from a troll. Why would the guy just want opinions from people who like the phone. I owned the phone and I didnt like it and i told him why. Thats exactly what he was looking for the good and the bad. It has high res screen. Camera sucks on it, but it does do 3d pics and videos. Its fast but not the fastest and slowed down a lot bc of sense. Sense looks great but is a little too much for my taste. If your trying to get wii controllers connected its impossible with sense roms. Typing on it isnt as fast and responsive as it should be. Running miui on it makes you realize how fast the phone should be. But when i had the phone 3d wasnt working on aosp/miui roms so if u wanted a fast rom you lose features. I like the looks of the evo3d. I had both the black and white evo3d and more people are impressed with my white e4gt. Its bulky and heavy compared to my e4gt. Honestly the only thing i miss is the higher res screen and sometimes the 3d.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Scougar
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Ignore the 3D feature unless you think you will use it, as the quality is not very good when taking the 3D yourself due to it only being 2MP :(

The rest of the spec is good, and with it (hopefully) getting ICS soon, improvements in the pretty bad Sense implementation we have now will be much improved :)

1GB RAM on the phone really helps out and was one of the main reason for me getting this over my O2X.

It's good for the money... but other phones now like the new HTC X are WAY ahead.
At some point as a professional developer I'm actually going to try writing something/working with/for Android... so far.. I've managed Hello World LOL.
Huawei Y300 budget wonder phone.
HTC EVO 3D - Gone to a watery grave (Awesome phone).
LG Optimus 2x P990: SOLD