Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,262 Members 49,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][07.05.12] SRKI's AOKP Beta 3 - Milestone 5 [Fast|Batterylife|BT|wifi|init.d]

Tip us?

varben
Old
Thanks Meter 1337
Default camera autoflash

This might not be new... but I wanted to share with you,

I used e few camera apps and I found out that Vignette is capable of using autoflash on ray, and it works very good. So, I guess autoflash too is a software issue, not kernel

Srkineo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkay View Post
can it work to sony 2011 devices? X10 mini is kinda old. driver might be different. maybe you can ask stellios and naA how to get bluetooth work with correct device driver
Ive PM'd naA, the drivers worked (BT), just dont know where A2DP systems really are.. and I dont have a headset to test waiting for his PM.

btw your kernel supports every hardware feature so far sirkay.. its just software thats lagging behind.. we need a Java developer taking a look at the code of a Ray AOSP rom^^ (I should have payed more attention in java class last year lol:s regret's a bitch)
Used to be the maintainer of SRKI's AOKP for Xperia Ray

Phones: HTC Dream (standby SIM be), HTC Desire (Work sim), SE Xperia Ray (BE sim), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (drinking phone:P), LG G2 (NL private SIM)

onklen
Old
(Last edited by onklen; 11th May 2012 at 02:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Just a short thanks for all the work you are putting into this. I'm considering rooting and flashing my Ray for the first time and this ROM with FM-radio seems perfect when you get the radio working.

As a noob I'm still a bit scared of the entire "loosing warranty" etc, but I want to get the best from my phone

Your effort is very much appreciated

Robottoe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by onklen View Post
Just a short thanks for all the work you are putting into this. I'm considering rooting and flashing my Ray for the first time and this ROM with FM-radio seems perfect when you get the radio working.

As a noob I'm still a bit scared of the entire "loosing warranty" etc, but I want to get the best from my phone

Hmm try reading those guide on how to root and flash your phone, i've used the test-point method to unlock the bootloader and also use flashtool to flash kernels and also root it

gauravcd
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:

This is a great rom..... But since you are new I would recommend you try installing a stable version of cyanogenmod first...... It has detailed instructions on its wiki..... It was a good learning experience

Sent from my Xperia ray using XDA

onklen
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravcd View Post
This is a great rom..... But since you are new I would recommend you try installing a stable version of cyanogenmod first...... It has detailed instructions on its wiki..... It was a good learning experience

Hmm yeah that might be the reasonable way to start. Spent the most of the last 3 days reading about it but just felt like waiting till a 4.0.4 rom is out (with FM-radio).

Is Cyanogen also considered a "long battery"-ROM?

Thx for the tips!

gauravcd
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Hmm yeah that might be the reasonable way to start. Spent the most of the last 3 days reading about it but just felt like waiting till a 4.0.4 rom is out (with FM-radio).

Is Cyanogen also considered a "long battery"-ROM?

Thx for the tips!
Yes battery life was good when I tried it.

mvensjip
Old
Thanks Meter 1
are you going to make an aokp rom based on build 35 ?
btw. love your rom

Srkineo
Old
(Last edited by Srkineo; 12th May 2012 at 12:34 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvensjip View Post
are you going to make an aokp rom based on build 35 ?
btw. love your rom
Depends on how much time I have next week.. I dont think the new features (and not alot of bug fixes) were a big change.. so not a priority imo..

but probably yes ^^ communicating with some other devs to get Camera,BT&wifi tether to work.. that has a higher priority imo..

tbh, I just configged my phone myself.. to work with it for some time, see how it runs.. batterytime(bt on 24/7, wifi alot aswell),etc.. small fixes or customizations I might wanna share.. and want to make a small youtube about its performance under heavy usage. I have over 35apps installed and alot of accounts(FB,twitter,linkedin,2gmails,1exchange, skype, whatsapp, hyves), to show how it runs fully configured..

but i'll probably cook up a 35 alpha sunday night or monday

changelog for AOKP build 35
Quote:
removed Facebook sync (this had to happen. it was a hack and breaking Picasa sync. FB needs to fix this, not ROMs)
Added ability to hide sender and/or message body in notification'
Added dock battery display for tablets
Added Browser tab settings (max tab limit/whether to restore tabs on browser restart)
Added CM9 T-Mobile theme manager
Added Sense 4 style Task switcher (you have the option of choosing from stock/web os/sense 4 now)
Added ability to play boot sound (disabled by default)
increased default nav bar glow speeds for better user experience out of the box
tons of device specific updates and fixes. check here to see all of the latest code we've merged
updated p5/p5wifi device trees from GalaxianSoup.
added toroplus (data will not work after flashing, just flash ANY other kernel after flashing b35. we're working on it
Goo Manager won't be able to detect an upgrade this build
I see no major fixes or new stuff.. also looking into getting battery usage stats to work (aka, show applications).
Used to be the maintainer of SRKI's AOKP for Xperia Ray

Phones: HTC Dream (standby SIM be), HTC Desire (Work sim), SE Xperia Ray (BE sim), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (drinking phone:P), LG G2 (NL private SIM)
The Following User Says Thank You to Srkineo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mydegeneration
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I've been going through the xda android development forums for the popular devices (at least here in the states) and all the AOKP ports have the same camera bug. I find it weird how they haven't been able to fix that.

Tags
aokp, ray