5,605,438 Members 44,212 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wifi Disconnecting in Gingerbread

Tip us?

rebel.charles
Old
(Last edited by rebel.charles; 4th September 2011 at 12:11 PM.) Reason: Can anybody help????????????
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question [Q] Wifi Disconnecting in Gingerbread

My wifi is constantly getting disconnected. I have to reconnect many times a day. This is really getting frustrating. It was working fine(very much FINE) on froyo 2.2.1 xxkb3 rooted and deodexed but after i updated to 2.3.4 gingerbread, this problem began! Is there someone who might be knowing what the problem is????

First i tried stock XXKPH, then i tried after CF root and after that i thought a custom ROM might help so i installed GanaROM but wifi is not working properly in any one of them. It is getting diconnected if i don't use it for like 5-10 minutes. And i have even turned the wifi sleep policy in the advanced wifi settings to NEVER. But still!!

rk7987
Old
Thanks Meter 14
USE CONNECTIFY v1.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel.charles View Post
My wifi is constantly getting disconnected. I have to reconnect many times a day. This is really getting frustrating. It was working fine(very much FINE) on froyo 2.2.1 xxkb3 rooted and deodexed but after i updated to 2.3.4 gingerbread, this problem began! Is there someone who might be knowing what the problem is????

First i tried stock XXKPH, then i tried after CF root and after that i thought a custom ROM might help so i installed GanaROM but wifi is not working properly in any one of them. It is getting diconnected if i don't use it for like 5-10 minutes. And i have even turned the wifi sleep policy in the advanced wifi settings to NEVER. But still!!
|------------------------Previous Phones----------------------------| ........Current

Nokia N73 ME ---> Nokia N82 ------> Nokia E72 ----> Galaxy SLcd ----> NOTE 2

Don't Forget to "THANK" If my Post is Helpful !!

falex007
Old
Thanks Meter 229
Quote:

I have the problem like this. Can you try to ping 8.8.8.8 from console of your phone? I have almost 80% of lost packets. If you will see this, you have to change your WiFi router. I've tested my phone with 3 routers and only with Asus 520GU I can't use WiFi with GB (with Froyo all is perfect)

rebel.charles
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by falex007 View Post
I have the problem like this. Can you try to ping 8.8.8.8 from console of your phone? I have almost 80% of lost packets. If you will see this, you have to change your WiFi router. I've tested my phone with 3 routers and only with Asus 520GU I can't use WiFi with GB (with Froyo all is perfect)
Thanks for your reply falex007. Appreciate that.
I have checked this with different routers. It's not working still. And the wifi router which i'm using is perfectly fine. I had got it checked. And aye, it is not working with gb....so you still on froyo? Any solution for this problem mate?

rebel.charles
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk7987 View Post
USE CONNECTIFY v1.20
Thanks for your reply.
But is that an android app?? Can't find it in the market. How do we use it? And are you using it? Please explain man!

sakindia123
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9119
Quote:
Thanks for your reply.
But is that an android app?? Can't find it in the market. How do we use it? And are you using it? Please explain man!
that's a pc app
Asus Nexus 7(2012): AOSP Kitkat(Android 4.4) @1.5 Ghz
Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 : CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3)
HTC Explorer A310e : CyanogenMod 10.2(Android 4.3) @878 Mhz PLL2 Overclock
Sony Xperia E Dual : Stock rom (android 4.1.1)
Karbonn Smart A25 : Stock rom (android 4.0.4)
Samsung Galaxy SL GT-i9003 (retired)

falex007
Old
Thanks Meter 229
Quote:
Thanks for your reply falex007. Appreciate that.
I have checked this with different routers. It's not working still. And the wifi router which i'm using is perfectly fine. I had got it checked. And aye, it is not working with gb....so you still on froyo? Any solution for this problem mate?
Yes, I have this problem and still don't have solution. That's why I'm at Froyo. I don't want to change my home WiFi router if I'm not sure that the phone will work with new one.

Sent from my GT-I9003

lapputappu
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakindia123 View Post
that's a pc app
u can find this app on google its free ..it's true that wifi does not get disconnected if u r using connectify -me to connect to your phone but it is not always possible to keep my pc on for my phone ,so sujjest some other option plz

Tags
wifi disconnecting