Post Reply

[Q] Wifi Disconnecting in Gingerbread

OP rebel.charles

4th September 2011, 10:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
My wifi is constantly getting disconnected. I have to reconnect many times a day. This is really getting frustrating. It was working fine(very much FINE) on froyo 2.2.1 xxkb3 rooted and deodexed but after i updated to 2.3.4 gingerbread, this problem began! Is there someone who might be knowing what the problem is????

First i tried stock XXKPH, then i tried after CF root and after that i thought a custom ROM might help so i installed GanaROM but wifi is not working properly in any one of them. It is getting diconnected if i don't use it for like 5-10 minutes. And i have even turned the wifi sleep policy in the advanced wifi settings to NEVER. But still!!
Last edited by rebel.charles; 4th September 2011 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Can anybody help????????????
4th September 2011, 02:30 PM   |  #2  
rk7987's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
187 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
USE CONNECTIFY v1.20


Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel.charles

My wifi is constantly getting disconnected. I have to reconnect many times a day. This is really getting frustrating. It was working fine(very much FINE) on froyo 2.2.1 xxkb3 rooted and deodexed but after i updated to 2.3.4 gingerbread, this problem began! Is there someone who might be knowing what the problem is????

First i tried stock XXKPH, then i tried after CF root and after that i thought a custom ROM might help so i installed GanaROM but wifi is not working properly in any one of them. It is getting diconnected if i don't use it for like 5-10 minutes. And i have even turned the wifi sleep policy in the advanced wifi settings to NEVER. But still!!

4th September 2011, 09:16 PM   |  #3  
falex007's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 229
 
632 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel.charles

My wifi is constantly getting disconnected. I have to reconnect many times a day. This is really getting frustrating. It was working fine(very much FINE) on froyo 2.2.1 xxkb3 rooted and deodexed but after i updated to 2.3.4 gingerbread, this problem began! Is there someone who might be knowing what the problem is????

First i tried stock XXKPH, then i tried after CF root and after that i thought a custom ROM might help so i installed GanaROM but wifi is not working properly in any one of them. It is getting diconnected if i don't use it for like 5-10 minutes. And i have even turned the wifi sleep policy in the advanced wifi settings to NEVER. But still!!

I have the problem like this. Can you try to ping 8.8.8.8 from console of your phone? I have almost 80% of lost packets. If you will see this, you have to change your WiFi router. I've tested my phone with 3 routers and only with Asus 520GU I can't use WiFi with GB (with Froyo all is perfect)
5th September 2011, 11:27 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by falex007

I have the problem like this. Can you try to ping 8.8.8.8 from console of your phone? I have almost 80% of lost packets. If you will see this, you have to change your WiFi router. I've tested my phone with 3 routers and only with Asus 520GU I can't use WiFi with GB (with Froyo all is perfect)

Thanks for your reply falex007. Appreciate that.
I have checked this with different routers. It's not working still. And the wifi router which i'm using is perfectly fine. I had got it checked. And aye, it is not working with gb....so you still on froyo? Any solution for this problem mate?
5th September 2011, 11:31 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk7987

USE CONNECTIFY v1.20

Thanks for your reply.
But is that an android app?? Can't find it in the market. How do we use it? And are you using it? Please explain man!
5th September 2011, 01:54 PM   |  #6  
sakindia123's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 9,170
 
3,947 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel.charles

Thanks for your reply.
But is that an android app?? Can't find it in the market. How do we use it? And are you using it? Please explain man!

that's a pc app
5th September 2011, 10:06 PM   |  #7  
falex007's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 229
 
632 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel.charles

Thanks for your reply falex007. Appreciate that.
I have checked this with different routers. It's not working still. And the wifi router which i'm using is perfectly fine. I had got it checked. And aye, it is not working with gb....so you still on froyo? Any solution for this problem mate?

Yes, I have this problem and still don't have solution. That's why I'm at Froyo. I don't want to change my home WiFi router if I'm not sure that the phone will work with new one.

Sent from my GT-I9003
11th May 2012, 07:32 PM   |  #8  
lapputappu's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
79 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakindia123

that's a pc app

u can find this app on google its free ..it's true that wifi does not get disconnected if u r using connectify -me to connect to your phone but it is not always possible to keep my pc on for my phone ,so sujjest some other option plz

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wifi disconnecting
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes