How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Uninstall stock apps?

OP nabil alami

11th May 2012, 08:30 AM   |  #1  
nabil alami's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
556 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Hi everyone.....so does anyone know a way to remove those stupid stock apps that come with the prime?? and btw I'm NOT rooted.
Thanks
11th May 2012, 10:14 AM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
You can 'disable' many of the stock apps with standard apps tool under ICS. To remove system apps you can't disable you need to be rooted.
11th May 2012, 11:09 AM   |  #3  
nabil alami's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
556 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan662

You can 'disable' many of the stock apps with standard apps tool under ICS. To remove system apps you can't disable you need to be rooted.

ok thanks ill check it out....and do u kno a good and safe way to root?? also is there a way to unroot?
11th May 2012, 11:22 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
If you are on .21 firmware it is not so easy to root.

1. you have to downgrade to .15 (see here). Beware this is not without risk please read the instructions very carefully.

2. root (see here) and protect the root status with 'OTA rootkeeper'.

3. update via OTA to .21 and restore root with OTA Rootkeeper.
11th May 2012, 04:39 PM   |  #5  
nabil alami's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
556 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan662

If you are on .21 firmware it is not so easy to root.

1. you have to downgrade to .15 (see here). Beware this is not without risk please read the instructions very carefully.

2. root (see here) and protect the root status with 'OTA rootkeeper'.

3. update via OTA to .21 and restore root with OTA Rootkeeper.

Thanks for the answer but i disabled the apps from the settings like you said and everything is fine, thanks anyway.
11th May 2012, 07:20 PM   |  #6  
mopar400's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabil alami

Hi everyone.....so does anyone know a way to remove those stupid stock apps that come with the prime?? and btw I'm NOT rooted.
Thanks

Be aware if you uninstall stock application you may not be able to receive OTA updates!!
11th May 2012, 09:34 PM   |  #7  
nabil alami's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
556 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
As in software updates???

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apps, asus, stock, transformerprime, uninstall
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes