Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,304 Members 41,289 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sound distortion, anyone have same problem?

Tip us?

sabre0121
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Exclamation [Q] Sound distortion, anyone have same problem?

I have a really big issue with my HTC One V, since i used to listen to a lots of music on my old phone, i hoped the sound quality would be at least decent on One V, but i hear a lot of background noise in my earphones, not the stock ones ofc, since they are really crappy, i have t-Jays One, which quality is rather superior, but on this phone i hear a lot of cracing noise, like some magnetic/electronic distortion, wich is unbelievably annoying, and it's hearable even with music off, right after i plug in my earphones, is that a reason to give my phone back, or have it repaced? (European version)

CafeKampuchia
Old
(Last edited by CafeKampuchia; 11th May 2012 at 11:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 209
If I turn the volume up 100% I can hear a (very) slight amount of noise, but other than that the quality is excellent with zero cracking.
The Following User Says Thank You to CafeKampuchia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JalmiNyondong1933
Old
Thanks Meter 107
i don't have that issue with stock earphone..

tuylongdon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i dont hv, my one v play music really good

sabre0121
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks guys, i'll just get it replaced, i guess you can lock this thread...

krazyfrog
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a One V with me and it too has a lot of background noise through the headphone jack. With the headphones plugged in there is no noise but the moment some sound starts playing on the phone you can clearly hear it and it's constant regardless of the volume of the music or whatever you are listening to. While you should get your phone replaced, there is a chance that the new one might have the same issue.

Honzac353
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I had a terrible noise problem as well, but over time it slowly decreases. Noise is not yet completely lost, but now is in a tolerant level.
Interesting, is not it?

r4mios
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I have it too. Sometimes noise is so annoying it makes me want to trow off the phone. Noise is present even at boot sound. Changing headphones helps nothing. I had SGS earlier and it had perfect sound with it's wolfson dac, so I'm very disappointed now.

cmlva
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi there, I just bought this phone and I'm having the same problem... Did anyone find a solution? Anyone got it replaced and solved the problem?
I think I'm replacing mine as well, this noise problem is really anoying...

Tags
distortion, issue, noise, sound, sound issue