Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 37,073 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

what we know.... and have figured out

Tip us?

jeremy7835
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question what we know.... and have figured out

Lets use this thread for listing working hacks and tricks for our focus s i937..... anything that you figure out please post..... lets show high interest.. and get involved!!!!

jeremy7835
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
When i first got my focus s "insurance replacement for the focus i917" i had alot of data and mms issues.... anyone with these problems dont bother trying to fix it your self bring to att store and tell them.... att store told me its all a coding issue with 4g and fixxed it in 2 minutes and all is well now.... anyone who has unlocked and using there phone on a different network... this is your problem have the carrier fix it for you... the phones data and mms will not work on your old 3g data plan....

jeremy7835
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
debranding and interop unlocking made my phone better.... i upgraded to 8107 and have had no issues at all.... i did have a few weird things going on before the upgrade weird lockscreen behavior, keyboard issues and laggy homescreen while scrolling all of witch are completely gone now after upgrade... wp7 root tools works for registry viewing and editing..... havent been able to get accent changer to work though but i am able to edit accent colors through the registry ''kind of alot of work'' hopeing to get accent changer working very soon.... also after 8107 update my battery life has improved alot!!!! by at least a 3rd and that is no exageration

waswaser
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 0
I don't know any

zarn1w00p
Old
Thanks Meter 2
How did you de-brand your Focus S? I really want to de-brand so I can get updates from O2 my UK carrier.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

BigJeff
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarn1w00p View Post
How did you de-brand your Focus S? I really want to de-brand so I can get updates from O2 my UK carrier.

1) Open your mobile browser and go to: http://www.kremese.sk/debrand_focus_s.zip
2) The file will be opened. Follow the instructions and tap on “debrandfocuss.xml”
3) Press Start
4) Navigate to Phone
5) Dial ##634#
6) Type *#9908#
7) Select DebrandFocusS
8) Press Save and Reboot

After that, connect to Zune and you will receive the 8107 update
P.S. Not my work

zarn1w00p
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi
Many thanks for this all done. When phone reboots I still get the AT&T splash screen and in "About" carrier still shows up as AT&T Wireless, is this normal?

BigJeff
Old
Thanks Meter 180
If you're referring to me then yeah that's just your splash screen image, after debranding it throw it on zune.

zarn1w00p
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Yes I am, I really appreciate your input on all this, I've been searching for a de-branding solution for an age :)

One question though, if you go into "Settings" and "About" does your de-branded phone still show "AT&T Wireless" ad the "Carrier"? Mine still does

Regards

BigJeff
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarn1w00p View Post
Yes I am, I really appreciate your input on all this, I've been searching for a de-branding solution for an age :)

One question though, if you go into "Settings" and "About" does your de-branded phone still show "AT&T Wireless" ad the "Carrier"? Mine still does

Regards

Yes it is supposed to still be there, congrats, if you followed the steps you are now free to update whenever there are updates for our device. Don't forget to hit the thanks button!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigJeff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]