Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[P6200/6210/T869] CyanogenMod 9 (DEFUNCT)

Tip us?

gingerboy92
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by locerra View Post
@gingerboy92

Do you have a git repo somewhere with the changes you've made? If you want to chat with me or aorth, we are usually on #teamhacksung.

P.S. If you want to try to help out more, aorth and I would appreciate it. We both have fairly busy lives, and are currently the only ones working on the CM port for the P6200/P6210/P6800/P6810.
here it is!
github.com/gingerboy92/

took me quite some time to figure how to push to remote git.. i'm still learning how to use git.. especially the remote stuff.. :P
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingerboy92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aorth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,995
Default Weekly update

Hacking hacking hacking... gingerboy92 got a proof-of-concept camera working, so we've incorporated that into our test builds and it kinda works. GPS is working again. locerra figured out why the graphics were a bit sluggish (kernel had hardcoded settings for a number of pixels which matched a phone, and we have WAY more pixels to push than a phone). Wifi's still iffy. RIL's still broken.

Still lots of work to do, but it's getting there. Maybe we'll get another developer preview soon...
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to aorth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aorth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,995
Uploading a new developer preview / nightly* / whatever you wanna call it right now... get ready for delectable ice cream zestiness.

* nightly == monthly, at this rate... hahhaa.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aorth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisrotolo
Old
Thanks Meter 453

DONATE TO ME
Thanks so much, have you tested calling and texting?

aorth
Old
(Last edited by aorth; 13th May 2012 at 12:06 PM.) Reason: Add note about USB mounting
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,995
Default Developer preview 3

tl;dr: We rebased all work on a newer ICS kernel, so lots of work had to be done to get everything working again. Two steps forward, ten steps back, ~8.5 steps forward again... almost back to where we started, but now on a way better base.

locerra and I have been hard at work porting the smdk4210 kernel to work on our tablets. It's a 3.0.x-based kernel, which is what most devices with an official ICS ROM are using (whereas the Honeycomb kernel is 2.6.36). Getting the kernel to boot was one thing (thanks locerra!), but almost every userspace daemon/lib needed tweaks to work as well. This kernel is much nicer, and it brings us more inline with other Exynos4-based devices (Galaxy S II, Galaxy Note, etc), so we are now able to share much more code with them, and benefit from the work that their developers are doing. We have to thank teamhacksung for the majority of this work.

Without further ado, lets move on to the good stuff...

Now working:
  • RIL (SMS, calling, 3G)... now using Galaxy S II's RIL blobs
  • GPS (had to update serial port settings due to the new kernel)
  • Rotation animation doesn't glitch anymore
  • hardware-accelerated video/audio (not all codecs! Try MX Player from the market, it can do HW/SW decoding)
  • probably a whole bunch more I forgot

Kinda working:
  • wifi (try sitting on top of your router!)
  • camera (don't get too fancy )
  • USB mounting of external SD card (but I left it out of this build because it was being iffy during my last build)

Download:
ROM (DP3, May 13, 2012): goo-inside.me / ge.tt / mirrors wanted! (md5: 3fb59beaedd7722fbef476a8cf678e4b)
ClockworkMod Recovery (5.5.0.4): goo-inside.me / MediaFire (md5: 60517dc528c983ec9d8832c9a48934e5)
Google Apps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ (use the CyanogenMod 9 one)

Flash:
Flash with ClockworkMod Recovery. Wipe is absolutely necessary. If it doesn't boot the first time, just hold power button for 10 seconds and boot it again. Don't flash gapps until you've set up your data connection, or else they'll be really annoying and buggy.

Source:
It's ALL on my github account: http://github.com/alanorth. You can also check locerra's: http://github.com/ohanar. If you're a badass hacker, please help us.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to aorth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aorth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrotolo View Post
Thanks so much, have you tested calling and texting?
I don't have any friends, so no. Yeah, I tested texting, data, and some USSD codes in Phone.apk. I assume calling works, I'll leave that to y'all.

chrisrotolo
Old
Thanks Meter 453

DONATE TO ME
thanks, guess we will have to try calling, texting for ourselves then. oh well. here I go.

thanks a lot.

tzacapaca
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Gr8 work guys!
really appreciate it!

mirror:http://ge.tt/1yAFMbH/v/0
noobs click here

HTC HD Mini
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus P6200

aorth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,995
Default CyanogenMod stats

I forgot to mention. If you're getting a working data connection, please opt in to the CyanogenMod statistics. It's really helpful to know how many P6200s are running this.

CM stats are public, btw: http://stats.cyanogenmod.com
The Following User Says Thank You to aorth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisrotolo
Old
(Last edited by chrisrotolo; 13th May 2012 at 08:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 453

DONATE TO ME
Speaker on Call, my wife could not hear me on the other end.
May just be me as Im terrribly loudspoken to begin with.
Call end works! and might snappy at that. Texting seems to work so far.
I'll just have to learn to use this device without speaker for now.
I think Im keeping this until next build!
screenshot thumbnails in gallery are atrocious, not sure if thats just an ics thing or what.
seems we dont have more than two points multi touch? gesture control got me stuck at boot logo.
wow, feels pretty smooth.

thank you @Aorth!

Also themes working!

wow, I can say thanks enough. this is fantastic.

cheers.

edit: Front Facing Camera force closes. FYI

I would consider this an ALPHA build myself.

Sayonarah Touchwiz!

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisrotolo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, delectable zestiness!, gt-p6200, ics, tab 7 plus, vote aorth for recognized developer!