FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Amazing app to disable bottom 1/3 of screen when writing!

5,893 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,371
 
By mitchellvii, Senior Member on 10th May 2012, 01:49 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
If you are like me and go NUTS from the keyboard continually popping up when you are writing and your wrist hits the screen I have a recommendation.

It is called "Invisible Grip" and can be enabled or disabled from the Notification Bar.

What it does is allow you to disable the edges of your screen. If you disable just the bottom when you are writing in Notes this means no more annoying keyboard popups! Yay!

You need the pro version to enable just the bottom and adjust the size. Only a buck so totally worth it.

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2
 
 
11th May 2012, 02:28 AM |#2  
bsoplinger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 334
 
More
You could also try an app called Screen Filter.

Sent from my PG41200 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
11th May 2012, 03:31 AM |#3  
mitchellvii's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,371
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoplinger

You could also try an app called Screen Filter.

Sent from my PG41200 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

How does Screen Filter do what this does?
11th May 2012, 04:38 AM |#4  
bsoplinger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 334
 
More
Yikes! Teach me to post while I'm too sore to see straight. The app I meant to mention is Touch Blocker. Still in beta but available here at XDA. Apologies for mentioning the completely wrong app.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
11th May 2012, 11:47 PM |#5  
mitchellvii's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,371
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoplinger

Yikes! Teach me to post while I'm too sore to see straight. The app I meant to mention is Touch Blocker. Still in beta but available here at XDA. Apologies for mentioning the completely wrong app.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Touchblocker is currently not compatible with the View.
24th May 2012, 05:52 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 336
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii

Touchblocker is currently not compatible with the View.

Works on my Flyer, but wants 2$ for custom zones

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
27th May 2012, 05:17 PM |#7  
mitchellvii's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,371
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by algorhythm

Works on my Flyer, but wants 2$ for custom zones

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Yep. Well worth $2 for custom zones. I mean dude, it's $2.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes