Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Ghost calls..back to froyo??
i use ginger, and have no issues with ghost calls 95 40.95%
i use ginger, thinking of switching to froyo 75 32.33%
i switched back to froyo 62 26.72%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

ghost calls issue thread..

OP bRkiX

11th May 2012, 05:47 PM   |  #871  
Flag İstanbul
Thanks Meter: 16

33 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abo_mara7

New firmware for Middle East:
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata...00/V20F_00.kdz

I'm in Turkey. Should I flash middle eastern V20F or Italian V21E?
11th May 2012, 06:19 PM   |  #872  
Thanks Meter: 351

676 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ©ZEUS®™

I'm in Turkey. Should I flash middle eastern V20F or Italian V21E?

I think it is the same. But i recomended v21e . New germany v21e - is the same as italian.
Code:
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP920/ADEUML/V21e_00/V21E_00.kdz
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP920/AITAML/V21e_00/V21E_00.kdz
11th May 2012, 06:51 PM   |  #873  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 5

467 posts
Today I connected my phone to PC via LGMobile Support Tool v. 1.5.7.0

The tool app show me:
Model: LGP920
Version: +CGEV: ME CLASS
and
"Start Updating"
Does This means that the new firmware is availble to my country and I can realy update from LG server?

now I have installed GB official rom v. 21a Nov-15-2011
Last edited by dcoelho; 11th May 2012 at 07:03 PM.
11th May 2012, 08:21 PM   |  #874  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 938

1,169 posts
More
v21e is available for Greece open. Going to upgrade later tonight.
11th May 2012, 10:00 PM   |  #875  
Thanks Meter: 3

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandru.m

Just updated to v21E using the oficial updater, my phone is recognized as Germany based, so it seems the update was released in more countries than just Italy. Hope that ghost calls are a thing of the past now.

Edit : I was just trying some test calls while playing some game and after closing the game .. calls went through, but when I went into contacts, I got the USIM loading completed message, I know I read somewhere in this topic that the message is a symptom of ghost calls, but the call went through 2 seconds before that. Should I be worried?

I would do a factory data reset to make sure, the update keeps all apps and settings but there might still be ghosts in the machine

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by Bender303; 11th May 2012 at 10:22 PM.
11th May 2012, 10:34 PM   |  #876  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender303

I would do a factory data reset to make sure, the update keeps all apps and settings but there might still be ghosts in the machine

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I just tested out a theory : if I stop the contacts application (which might have happened to free ram for the game i was running) and call the o3d from another phone, calling works, but the caller name does not appear immediately, and when you go to contacts, you get the USIM loaded message. So it seems it was not in "ghost mode" , instead , the USIM loaded message appears when the contacts app is loaded (most of the time it will be already running in the background).
12th May 2012, 01:04 AM   |  #877  
Flag Athens

1,169 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by botson71

Yes, it's the Italy open not the Europe open version. The download path is "csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP920/AITAML/V21e_00/V21E_00.kdz" and the bold letters indicate it's the Italian version.

Another easier way than the LG update tool, to check which version is the current for your O3D is by following the link below (just change the XXXX with your IMEI number):

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b...2.jsp?esn=XXXX

I can't upgrade using the upgrade tool even though v21e is available for Greece. I tried the link above with my phone's IMEI and got this result:
"csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP920/ACSMML/V20A_00/V20A_00.kdz"
This is the latest firmware for the network of COSMOTE. The strange thing is that my mainboard has been replaced twice by LG service, so it is supposed to be an open one and not locked to a certain network!
It looks like they just take ghost mainboards, wipe and reflash them and swap them among unsuspecting users telling them they gave them a new mainboard!!!
Great trick to fool customers and buy time. Way to go LG!
12th May 2012, 02:01 AM   |  #878  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,667

2,393 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreccon

I can't upgrade using the upgrade tool even though v21e is available for Greece. I tried the link above with my phone's IMEI and got this result:
"csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP920/ACSMML/V20A_00/V20A_00.kdz"
This is the latest firmware for the network of COSMOTE. The strange thing is that my mainboard has been replaced twice by LG service, so it is supposed to be an open one and not locked to a certain network!
It looks like they just take ghost mainboards, wipe and reflash them and swap them among unsuspecting users telling them they gave them a new mainboard!!!
Great trick to fool customers and buy time. Way to go LG!

Uh, I think you've got it wrong. When they replace mainboards they will replace it with a similar one, ie it will still be under whichever carrier you're using, so the IMEI number will still reflect that you're using Cosmote. Or, you're using the original IMEI given at the factory which is locked to Cosmote.
12th May 2012, 02:13 AM   |  #879  
Flag Home
Thanks Meter: 2,912

1,784 posts
Tried with my IMEI only to check.. works just fine greek v21e.
O3d bought from vodafone greece once upon a time.
Btw since chinese V20G didnt have any ghost calls.
I think its time to try V21E and see what happens although my little Sony NeoV has official ICS..

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA
Last edited by xbsall; 12th May 2012 at 02:17 AM.
12th May 2012, 08:46 AM   |  #880  
Flag Athens

1,169 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaball

Uh, I think you've got it wrong. When they replace mainboards they will replace it with a similar one, ie it will still be under whichever carrier you're using, so the IMEI number will still reflect that you're using Cosmote. Or, you're using the original IMEI given at the factory which is locked to Cosmote.

You may have a point, but my original mainboard was Europe Open and they never asked me which network I'm using. Moreover, both times I sent the phone to service I did a full wipe and factory reset, so they couldn't possibly see any data. So, how did they decide to give me a mainboard locked to Cosmote? I think my previous point still stands...
Last edited by dreccon; 13th May 2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: typo

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread