Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,275 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][KANG][2012.09.16] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 Milestone XT720

Tip us?

fjfalcon
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,266

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_urbanek View Post
Sorry FJ,
My sarcasm was lost in the language translation!
Nope, that mine sarcasm was lost in the language translation =)

Memory managment.. i will see what can i do..
Making impossible possible
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fjfalcon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mioze7Ae
Old
(Last edited by Mioze7Ae; 10th May 2012 at 03:19 PM.)
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,096
Quote:
Mioze & FJ,
This Rom is great except for the memory management issue.... can you explore implementing the Nadablak memory management fixes? Seems to me with optimized memory this ROM would be perfect... what could be a bigger priority than memory management??? the freakin FM radio volume?
It's on my horizon, but I can't give any sort of ETA--I've been pretty swamped at work lately. Some things are just done differently in the two ROMs and figuring out which way is "better" isn't quick. It's not as bad as it used to be (nadlabak's merged a lot upstream and moved is tree closer to "vanilla" and compartmentalized a lot of his customizations), but it's also not as easy as "git merge all the things". I also prefer some of the ways fjfalcon has solved things.
Milestone XT720 -- CM6.3.6.2/github -- OpenRecoveryXT720 -- fastboot kernels -- SBF master thread/mirrors -- reverendkjr's video tutorials
SD card/app2ext/Link2SD problems: ORXT720 > "SD Card Utilities" > "Save diagnostics" and post /sdcard/sdcard-info.txt
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mioze7Ae For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tonosaur
Old
(Last edited by tonosaur; 11th May 2012 at 01:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
just got restart on a phone call..
i think this is enough..

c_urbanek
Old
Thanks Meter 31
yeah. i got restarts on every call i made/received yesterday.. I had to go back to Chronosx..

bSptya
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
yeah. i got restarts on every call i made/received yesterday.. I had to go back to Chronosx..
it is funny, that is the exact reason i changed from cronosx to cm7 .. so basically the "bug" is there in both

peshovec
Old
Thanks Meter 342
and probably related to the sdcard

LibertyMonger
Old
Thanks Meter 828
Well I got my samsung 32gb and tried to partition it using Hirens boot cd and it will not work, keep getting error!

TechfanGR
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Exclamation CM7.2. is well made by fj

I ve never experienced restarts being related to answer/call phone numbers.

It is said often that restarts are 99% caused by microsd.

After wiping phone data or rom update, always format micro sd via pc before plugging it into xt720.

cm7.2 is a great rom. changing the launcher from adw to another will make the phone lag way less too.

So, plz stop blaming cm7.2. cause some people might believe its not fuctioning correctly.

bSptya
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMonger View Post
Well I got my samsung 32gb and tried to partition it using Hirens boot cd and it will not work, keep getting error!
i use minitool partition wizard for that purpose. if the problem is with formatting

btw i ordered a new transcend 8gig class 10 card to see if my restarts r because of the sd .. hopefully it'll fix things :\ i sometimes get the feeling to throw out the phone of the window.. it's so damn slow

LibertyMonger
Old
Thanks Meter 828
Well my sdcard seems to make the ROM's run smoother, I need to test more first ran it with Pesh's stock CM7 and the camcorder wouldn't work, It just freezes so I am not sure if that as an issue with the ROM or not. Then tried it with this ROM and it is smoother and faster it seems and camcorder works but the quality is bad, lines running through. Not sure how to test my sdcard to ensure it truly is a Samsung class 10, there are a ton of fakes I think. It only shows having 29.2gb.

Tags
cyanogenmod, cyanogenmodxt720, gingerbread, milestone xt720, xt720