Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 39,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][MIUI] CosmicUI v0.6.01.125 (MIUI v2.4.20 on CM7-FXP125) (Stopped)

Tip us?

marksee
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Testing this rom out today, Can you upload the add on Froyo Music play so that this rom is complete? without that music player, this rom is like a warm sunset without beer.

bolinoy
Old
Thanks Meter 38
any screenshots of this rom?

klacker
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinoy View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1540716

The rom looks the same as the screenshots in the link above.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3
Rom: ARHD 28.0
Kernel: Boeffla 2.12

WINNERS NEVER QUIT AND QUITTERS NEVER WIN

Click on the THANKS button if I had helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to klacker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xzlzz1234
Old
Thanks Meter 0
tks bro.
it is good!

CosmicDan
Old
(Last edited by CosmicDan; 12th May 2012 at 07:38 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3802

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by laill View Post
I would try this on Monday cuz I have to work on Saturday and Sunday, 12 hours each day(yeah yeah, it is mother's day)
(Other MIUI roms give strange behaviors )

Til now, all I have learnt is to do some minor mods on build.prop, gps.conf, vdd levels and swap2sys partition

I think this rom will be very smooth with swap2sys with swapiness zero (in
I am not a fan of using swap on the system partition, because it will wear out the internal flash quicker... once you start getting dirty/bad sectors on NAND the phone is pretty much dead =\

Quote:
Originally Posted by atintan View Post
Trying your rom. Getting Android Process acore stop all the time.
I am on unlocked boot loader.
2.6.29 fxp kernel
Try using cKernel. I have not tested native FXP kernel. I have not had any FC's at all so you did something wrong, try reflashing everything. I will not be answering questions like this from now on, no offense but it works fine for me and many others so it's not my problem - there is nothing I can do if you don't give me a logcat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondn View Post
How does the battery life seem to be on this ROM?
Pretty darn good to me. Running ScavagedZen governor with max CPU at 1152.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewelt1 View Post
yep me too...and also changed theme and keeps fc ...I'll let it settle for a day or so and see if there's any difference... :)
I use Suave HD theme and it all works 100% for me, no errors at all. Apart from Bootanimation themes not working but that's a listed known issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niqjones View Post
I installed this rom today and everything has been great so far, everything has been working. However, I just tried to open an email with Gmail and i got a reboot. That is the first one and I have been on the phone non stop for about 3 hours.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Also, when I take a screenshot it makes the sound but I cant find it saved anywhere?
I'll look into the Gmail issue, thanks for the report. Re: screenshots, what app are you using? I use AndroSS and it works very well. It puts the screenshots into the /sdcard/screenshots directory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinoy View Post
I might add some later, but it looks the same as MIUI.

Re: Froyo Music, no I won't add it. Adding more than one music player can cause issues and I prefer the MIUI Music Player (I won't remove it). What's so good about Froyo Music anyway? Just install "Music Mod (Froyo Only)" from the Market, it works fine I am using it right now.

I can confirm that my VM/swapping values are too lenient. If you have lags after a while, the easiest way to solve it is to either (1) Hold Home to bring up Switcher and press "App Killer", or more permanent solutions (2) Use RAM Manager Pro and use preset "Default (More multitasking) or (3) Use ROM Manager (Pro?) and set Auto Memory Manager preset to "Mild". Perhaps, if you completely disable compcache it will also eliminate the lag buildup (but you'll have less free RAM). Not sure.

I will do more tests and fine-tune the VM control values for next release. *Sigh* the tiny RAM of the X10 is the only major flaw of this old thing...

EDIT: This ROM is for unlocked bootloader because you NEED a recent FXP kernel, I built this on kCernel v5. If you use any other dodgy method you're on your own and probably will have problems. So don't complain to me if you do, I made these warnings in that big red text about it....

XtreamerMobile Developer

My GitHub | My Apps on AppBrain

Goodbye Xperia 2011 scene - on to greater things

Current Community Projects:
Turbo Tools - Suspended
TBA...

mine420
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Nice rom seems like a nice rom for the typical users cant find any real issues with it. Only issued I had found really was miui extended settings break the themes changing some of the text colors of the battery,clock,carrier. But without mod pack every thing seems to work fine. Thanks for your time and effort into all the things you have done here it is very nice of you to want to share the things you do in your free time with others.
Device 3: Xiaomi Mi 2 32gb
--------------------------------------
Device 2: Sony ION LT28h
Android version: Miui 2.9.28
Bootloaderstatus:Unlocked
-----------------------------------
Device: SE-Xperia X10a
Baseband version: 2.1.71
Android version: 2.3.7 V7.1 M&M
Bootloaderstatus: UNLOCKED
Kernel Version:kCernel v4
Build-number:MIUI-2.3.30 V7.1 MIUI M&M

marksee
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Hi thanks Cosmic, i installed the Music Mod app from market and its working excellent. The only issue i have with the default miui player is that it is unable to import music files from WMP.
For Music Mod, i can copy and paste playlists from the computer to the phone, and Music Mod picks up the playlists. Although it takes 1 minute to open folder of playlists, copy files and paste the playlist file, it's still worth it as it saves playlists. Default music player on miui does not support this and we have to build playlists ofrom start, Even though i did this once, it just randomly decided one day that i did not want those playlists anymore and the were lost

So this is why i prefer Music Mod over native MIUI music player Great Rom, ive been running it all day.

GPS IS AWESOME! FIX IN LESS THAN 3 SECONDS!! I am on ATnT in Los angeles area, and it's working excellent! Best GPS fix on ANY rom i have ever seen! (sorry for the caps)

CosmicDan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3802

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mine420 View Post
Nice rom seems like a nice rom for the typical users cant find any real issues with it. Only issued I had found really was miui extended settings break the themes changing some of the text colors of the battery,clock,carrier. But without mod pack every thing seems to work fine. Thanks for your time and effort into all the things you have done here it is very nice of you to want to share the things you do in your free time with others.
Thanks. This is how Extended Settings works, it "over-rides" the colors specified by the theme. Nothing I can do about it I'm afraid. If I was skilled in smali I would make a "lite settings" mod that completely removes the options for colors to prevent this, but I don't know how (and don't have the spare time to learn... we will see though maybe one day)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksee View Post
Hi thanks Cosmic, i installed the Music Mod app from market and its working excellent. The only issue i have with the default miui player is that it is unable to import music files from WMP.
For Music Mod, i can copy and paste playlists from the computer to the phone, and Music Mod picks up the playlists. Although it takes 1 minute to open folder of playlists, copy files and paste the playlist file, it's still worth it as it saves playlists. Default music player on miui does not support this and we have to build playlists ofrom start, Even though i did this once, it just randomly decided one day that i did not want those playlists anymore and the were lost
Ah fair enough. I myself am a fan of Winamp Pro, nothing else I know of supports reading ReplayGain tags. I would add a FAQ section that mentions "Music Mod (Froyo Only)" but nobody ever reads those things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksee View Post
GPS IS AWESOME! FIX IN LESS THAN 3 SECONDS!! I am on ATnT in Los angeles area, and it's working excellent! Best GPS fix on ANY rom i have ever seen! (sorry for the caps)
Haha... I thought so too! It uses the XTRA server which is newer technology compared to NTP servers, it works well when it does but some countries providers seem to not allow it for some silly reason. Pretty sure every provider in US, UK and Australia do though.

XtreamerMobile Developer

Turbo Tools - Suspended
TBA...

milad407 Old
Thanks Meter
Been testing rom for a couple of hours, it is great! Only problem is with ram but that's really not because of your rom... And I was wondering if people can't change the bootanimation manually in rootexplorer?

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

CosmicDan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3802

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by milad407 View Post
Been testing rom for a couple of hours, it is great! Only problem is with ram but that's really not because of your rom... And I was wondering if people can't change the bootanimation manually in rootexplorer?

Sent from my X10i using xda premium
The RAM situation will be a progressive effort. The bootanimation.zip replacement method should work, I don't see why not since the bootanimation binary is always selecting the one in /system/media/bootanimation.zip for some reason...

XtreamerMobile Developer

Turbo Tools - Suspended
TBA...

Tags
fastest, miui, newest, stable, x10