Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 43,248 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to S-OFF HTC Legend with HBOOT 1.01?

Tip us?

Traniz
Old
(Last edited by Traniz; 11th May 2012 at 05:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by brb8two View Post
Unlocked bootloader gives write access to the system partition which s-on would protect if it was mounted read only.

S-off disables the protection feature including being able to unlock your phone from your service provider ( if it happens to be).

I just needed write access to system to make updates easier (adaway, ad-hoc enabler, etc)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA
That's good news then since the reason I wanted S-OFF is so I can install stuff or remove stuff from the ROM I am currently using without manually removing and installing the apps onto a ROM from my PC then install it on the phone.

I'm now using S-ON Unlocked and AdAway didn't crash so it's working for me now.
The sole reason I wanted to root now works.
2 years wait but finally it works, I can now store my alarms, ringtones on the phone and don't have to worry about using USB diskdrive without losing the ringtones since the SD card is in use.
NEXUS 10 32GB: ParanoidAndroid 3.10
HTC One X: ARHD18
HTC Legend: NewSense 1.0 RC4b

Fragda
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What guide did you use to unlock your bootloader? Was it complicated? And does having a custom rom (CM9 Beta) matter when unlocking it.

Stevemotto
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragda View Post
What guide did you use to unlock your bootloader? Was it complicated? And does having a custom rom (CM9 Beta) matter when unlocking it.
First of all the rom you choose to flash has nothing to do with unlocking bootloader (not sure what you meant there). I've rooted my phone a year ago so the boot locker method wasn't available then but I can tell you the previous method was a lot more tedious and took a few days to figure it out. The boot loader guides are already posted in this forum section so check it asap

Sent from my Legend using xda premium
HTC Legend : CM 7.1 Overclocked 806 MHZ
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevemotto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brb8two
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Custom Rom is fine, you just need to read this whole thread ( much shorter than others) for an outline of the procedure.
Check your backup is successful before completing our you may not restore your phone back to the way it was.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA