FORUMS

3D Printable Mobile Microscope? Nexus 7 Discontinued – XDA TV

The Nexus 7 2013 has been discontinued on the Google Store! That and … more

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Does the AT&T One X have an FM Transmitter?

12th May 2012, 03:52 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
I've searched around and only found that it DOES have one, but no other site mentions that and I can't find anything that says it doesn't.

If we have it, then how do I use it?

inb4 get bluetooth car stereo... stock radio, no bt, and $150 for custom mount
 
 
12th May 2012, 04:24 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by relic120

I've searched around and only found that it DOES have one, but no other site mentions that and I can't find anything that says it doesn't.

If we have it, then how do I use it?

inb4 get bluetooth car stereo... stock radio, no bt, and $150 for custom mount

You are right, all One X's have the FM tuner but the AT&T version is missing the software component. To get around this you need to root your One X and copy FM_Radio.apk to /system/app. After that the FM Radio app shows up in the drawer and starts without any issues.

You can get the apk here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...66&postcount=2
The Following User Says Thank You to tokyotapes For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2012, 04:38 AM |#4  
fungflex's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denville, NJ
Thanks Meter: 88
 
Donate to Me
More
Radio, yes. Transmitter, no.

Parrot car system.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
12th May 2012, 05:44 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101
 
More
never have I ever heard of a phone with a built in FM TRANSMITtER
12th May 2012, 06:09 AM |#6  
fungflex's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denville, NJ
Thanks Meter: 88
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by holtenc

never have I ever heard of a phone with a built in FM TRANSMITtER

LG Fusic, sold by Sprint in 2006

http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/lg/fusic.html

and of course the follow up the LG Muziq

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1259
12th May 2012, 06:56 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Ok so no transmitter. That's fine, thanks for clarifying!

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
13th May 2012, 05:38 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by holtenc

never have I ever heard of a phone with a built in FM TRANSMITtER

My vivid had one! Edit: It was a tuner not a transmitter. sorry
2nd August 2012, 11:38 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
fm transmitter
SOOOOOOOOOOO many Nokia phones have FM transmitters, not just tuners, but transmitters. so you basically sit in ur car and put songs on ur phone and play them through the fm transmitter through your car radio. isnt that awesome! its like a basic thing in nokia now, most if not all nokia phones come with it. including the pureview 808, which has a 41 mega pixel camera sensor btw
2nd August 2012, 03:56 PM |#10  
iElvis's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Modville
Thanks Meter: 1,907
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi911

SOOOOOOOOOOO many Nokia phones have FM transmitters, not just tuners, but transmitters. so you basically sit in ur car and put songs on ur phone and play them through the fm transmitter through your car radio. isnt that awesome! its like a basic thing in nokia now, most if not all nokia phones come with it. including the pureview 808, which has a 41 mega pixel camera sensor btw

Way to bump a three month old thread.
Last edited by iElvis; 2nd August 2012 at 03:59 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to iElvis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes