Restoring from backup

OP jvx333

11th May 2012, 05:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 50

455 posts
More
Does anyone know if restoring a ROM from backup is good or bad. Reason I'm asking is becausE I'm about to make a backup of my current setup so I can try a new ROM, and if I don't like it and want to restore from a backup will everything work fine. Thanks in advance

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
11th May 2012, 05:21 PM   |  #2  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 3,129

6,928 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvx333

Does anyone know if restoring a ROM from backup is good or bad. Reason I'm asking is becausE I'm about to make a backup of my current setup so I can try a new ROM, and if I don't like it and want to restore from a backup will everything work fine. Thanks in advance

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

that's the point of the backup... just wipe things before installing the backup.
The Following User Says Thank You to mt3g For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2012, 04:04 AM   |  #3  
Flag bronx
Thanks Meter: 7

41 posts
Donate to Me
More
yea its not a bad a idea to do the backup protect u from a bad flash and as he said thats why the option there 8)
12th May 2012, 10:12 AM   |  #4  
Flag Cranston, RI
Thanks Meter: 556

1,738 posts
Donate to Me
More
To better answer your question: restoring from a backup restores EVERYTHING to that EXACT state your phone was when you initially did your backup.

So it's not bad, and actually very good . I have 5 different ROM backups on my sd card.
14th May 2012, 08:32 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Rom Factory
You can also use Rom Factory and create your own rom. This will not create a total backup of your phone, just the required folders for the operating system.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread