Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gooapple V5 3G and relative ROMs

Tip us?

u669983
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by anexonel13 View Post
Well the only information I got is that it is going to have a mt6575 processor and maybe the looks of the iPhone 4s
Also there are 2 different models of gooapple V5 3G but there is no way to knwo the difference, the latest one has a better camera, a better screen and a better gps chip
I guess it will be the same thing as the Goophone Y5. Gooapple and Goophone seem to be the same just using different branding for chinese and rest of the world market.

On another note - Anexonel - I have just tried your Rom V3 for 3 g. I must say its great . Nice Job. Just one thing you have to change is the keyboard with the chinese IME input. I replaced it with the Iphone emulator keyboard and its then perfect.

Ziggurath
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have some more info on the Goophone Y5 and the availability of DAMI Y5. I contacted androidmobilepad customer support via their chat function, and here is the conversation. But to sum it up.
  • The Goophone is not in stock, it is up for preorder and due to the end of May.
  • It is not the same manufacturer as Gooapple V5, he didn't want to tell me the manufacturer presumably so I would buy it directly.
  • He was as unsure about the specs as the rest of the web, told me to wait until release to see which specs are real.
  • DAMI Y5 is in stock for real.

Quote:
English-visitor scrive:
Hello
FRANK scrive:
Hello
English-visitor scrive:
is the Goophone Y5 in stock for real, or is it pre-order?
English-visitor scrive:
Y5, not V5
English-visitor scrive:
other sites claim it will be released later this month
FRANK scrive:
is a pre-order
English-visitor scrive:
When will it be in stock?
English-visitor scrive:
other sites claim May 20th ~ 30th
FRANK scrive:
yes, it will be available by the end of May
English-visitor scrive:
Is it the same manufacturer as Gooapple/Goophone V5? Or is it a copy of a copy? On theyr website, I cant find any news about the upcomming Y5
FRANK scrive:
is another manufacture
English-visitor scrive:
Can i have the link to theyr website, because different websites says different specs (like different ROM size and dual-core or single core).
FRANK scrive:
They do not have an official website
English-visitor scrive:
I am wondering because if it is single core and 512MB ROM then DAMI Y5 is better for me.

But if it is 4GB ROM and dual core, Goophone Y5 is better for me.

Do you know how to check the specs?
English-visitor scrive:
This is the last thing im wondering about
FRANK scrive:
when available, will also be posted to the specifications
English-visitor scrive:
Thank you for the help!!
Really appreciate the customer support!
English-visitor scrive:
One more thing,

Is the DAMI Y5 in stock, or is it backorder?
FRANK scrive:
Dami YS is in stock
English-visitor scrive:
Thank you very much!

u669983
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggurath View Post
I have some more info on the Goophone Y5 and the availability of DAMI Y5. I contacted androidmobilepad customer support via their chat function, and here is the conversation. But to sum it up.
  • The Goophone is not in stock, it is up for preorder and due to the end of May.
  • It is not the same manufacturer as Gooapple V5, he didn't want to tell me the manufacturer presumably so I would buy it directly.
  • He was as unsure about the specs as the rest of the web, told me to wait until release to see which specs are real.
  • DAMI Y5 is in stock for real.
Interesting but confirms my experience with the support people you get on the shops chat: They do not know much of the products they sell.

The goophone has an official website http://www.goophone.hk and they do promote and the discuss the Goophone y5.

If you read on their forum the phone is out and plenty of review from the chinese users.

tech_girl
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default Questions on Dami Y5 & Gooapple V5 3G

Just wondering if anyone knows Dami Y5 is using microsd card and if its easily replaced just like Gooapple V5 3G?

And which is the best Android rom for Gooapple V5 3G?

El Jefe del Caribe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingchundub View Post
I was actually looking at this myself but held off as not sure whether to wait for the dami y5, but there again it is overpriced and after the f27, slow slow slow even thou it does the job, i doubt i will buy another gooapple unless someone can say why i should.
Will it play decent games fast, no lagging, does gps work on the zopo, can it be rooted?
All answers which need to be answered and i will consider, but knowing the way life goes, i buy one then they introduce a better one weeks later, which they already have the ZOPO zp200 3G.
Not spending on Chinese phones if they are utter toss to be honest just to keep up with others and being told how good it is when they are wank.
Just a fast android nice looking phone that does the essentials the wank gooapple can't.
I agree with much you say. I gravitated toward the Gooapple V5 3G because it was a solid iPhone4-like chassis with an excellent screen, had a decent processor and ran android. It's probably a fine phone...but I wouldn't know. I bought a fraudulent phone from a shifty vendor.

Expensive lesson learned.

I found this forum looking for ways to work on my "FauxApple VFraud" to install an Android UI and get rid of the Chinese soup in apps. Since then I've been exposed to numerous options. I no longer have the need to have an iPhone4 chassis, and am a much better consumer for it.

I have an older Chinese phone, state-of-the-art at the time. It's worked well and I never cared to compare it to the "real" thing...that cost hundreds of $$$ more.

So now my horizons have broadened and that how I gravitate toward the Zopo ZP100. Seems to be a solid unit on many levels, and I've only fpound positive comments on it. PLUS, I see no "clones of a clone" out there like the Gooapple V5 series.

But more importantly I am more aware of shifty vendors, and that's why I'll be launching a vendor review forum shortly. Somebody needs to point out who the heroes are and who the rats are. I hope some here will participate and spread the link around..

BTW, Wingchundub, I've found a vendor for the Zopo ZP100 who will root it and add numerous apps before sending it to you. That is a big plus to me. And when the PalPal refund hits my account I'll most likely pull the trigger.

notcosi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
not sure if anyone can help, but got new phone today having returned last on and 3g not working. on mobile uncle tools, it says GPRS disconnected. APN settings are correct. I am hoping that there is something simple I need to adjust - cannot stand to wait to return second phone! Does anyone have any ideas - have tried update rom and anexonel rom. Def 3g phone

zbeyuz
Old
(Last edited by zbeyuz; 12th May 2012 at 05:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 68
Hi, I download rom for Gooapple V5 3G version here: http://www.mediafire.com/?vhbqk71tqgbeupw.
The flash tool for 3G here: http://www.mediafire.com/?q7k90kpz226zm19
After that I don't know what to do next as the website: http://anexonel.weebly.com/tutorials.html doesn't provide a installation rom guide for Gooapple V5 3G, yet only for Gooapple V5.
Is it the same method of flashing ? Other thing is the rom: "Anexonel butterfly rom v1" can it be used for 3G version ?

tech_girl
Old
(Last edited by tech_girl; 12th May 2012 at 06:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 13
All the roms on Anexonel website are for Gooapple V5 unless its indicated for 3G ie there is only one. Flashing roms is usually standard procedure through CWM or some flash tools given my experience with Android so far.

My Gooapple V5 3G just arrived an hour ago. It feels and looks like the real iphone. Will be working on it tonight.

Having said that I was looking through the phone but I dont see anywhere where I could change the theme to Android. My understanding is that it could be changed easily. Does that mean I will need to flash the Android rom on gooapple site?

u669983
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_girl View Post
All the roms on Anexonel website are for Gooapple V5 unless its indicated for 3G ie there is only one. Flashing roms is usually standard procedure through CWM or some flash tools given my experience with Android so far.

My Gooapple V5 3G just arrived an hour ago. It feels and looks like the real iphone. Will be working on it tonight.

Having said that I was looking through the phone but I dont see anywhere where I could change the theme to Android. My understanding is that it could be changed easily. Does that mean I will need to flash the Android rom on gooapple site?
I have tried many roms and must say that the anexonel v3 3g is the best to me. Only thing with it is the pinyin ime which gives you some chinese characters. So I just changed it to the iphone emulator keyboard which is very nice

zbeyuz
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by u669983 View Post
I have tried many roms and must say that the anexonel v3 3g is the best to me. Only thing with it is the pinyin ime which gives you some chinese characters. So I just changed it to the iphone emulator keyboard which is very nice
Hi, can you teach me how to use firmware tool to flash anexonel v3 3g firmware ?

Thanks in advanced.