Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,337 Members 39,126 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Developer Appreciation Thread (For the Eris)

Tip us?
 
champdr0id
Old
(Last edited by champdr0id; 18th October 2012 at 07:48 PM.)
#1  
champdr0id's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Posts: 435
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Du Bois, PA
Default Developer Appreciation Thread (For the Eris)

I got this idea while lurking on the rezound general forum, and a lot of people have really pissed off the amazing devs that offered their help to bring out the most out of the phone. Yeah, it might be a little late to be making this, but with the Eris being my first phone, the community here has pretty well taken care of each other and the developers stuck with us, at least, until they got a newer phone and moved on. My experience in the rezound forum has been a little less than savory, especially in the last few weeks. All of the trolls and wannabe heroes that tell the trolls off have made me remember and miss the good old days here. It's been too damn long, and these devs deserve a thread where we kiss their asses (no sarcasm) To all the devs that ever worked on the Eris, thank you for all of your hard work.
Here's a list of the ones I know of below. I know that there were a lot, so there may be some missing. Just make a post or pm me and I'll add you if I missed you. No particular order. I just went through the first 11 pages of threads in the development subforum.
punk.kaos
Conap
tazzpatriot
CondemnedSoul
workshed
jcase
MongooseHelix
CPCookieMan
gnarlyc
zach.xtr
Macrodroid
mjgdroid
r2DoesInc
Framework43
tenzomonk
.mak
SikYou
hakkeshou
spc_hicks09
Captainkrtek
toastcfh
hector93
bftb0
scary alien
T.C.P

...and also, thanks to the resident moderator, mrkite38 for having kept the peace, as well as our new moderator, andyharney
Eris on AOKP ICS: Dedicated music player
Rezound on Liquid: Standing by
Archos 5 Internet Tablet (Gen. 7, 500 GB): Bricked, and I haven't cared to fix it.
Droid DNA: One last chance, Big Red
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to champdr0id For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
champdr0id
Old
#2  
champdr0id's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Posts: 435
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Du Bois, PA
And to you devs, don't be afraid to make yourselves known again in this thread. I want to edit the OP and name every one of you guys
Eris on AOKP ICS: Dedicated music player
Rezound on Liquid: Standing by
Archos 5 Internet Tablet (Gen. 7, 500 GB): Bricked, and I haven't cared to fix it.
Droid DNA: One last chance, Big Red
 
CondemnedSoul
Old
#3  
CondemnedSoul's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,958
Posts: 4,213
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NJ

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by champdr0id View Post
I got this idea while lurking on the rezound general forum, and a lot of people have really pissed off the amazing devs that offered their help to bring out the most out of the phone. Yeah, it might be a little late to be making this, but with the Eris being my first phone, the community here has pretty well taken care of each other and the developers stuck with us, at least, until they got a newer phone and moved on. My experience in the rezound forum has been a little less than savory, especially in the last few weeks. All of the trolls and wannabe heroes that tell the trolls off have made me remember and miss the good old days here. It's been too damn long, and these devs deserve a thread where we kiss their asses (no sarcasm) To all the devs that ever worked on the Eris, thank you for all of your hard work.
The trolls are insane lol. No place like this community was for sure

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium
 
champdr0id
Old
#4  
champdr0id's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Posts: 435
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Du Bois, PA
CS, I must say I miss seeing your name as an OP, but I see you got Recognized Developer now. Congrats, bro! I can't believe this my first time seeing that title underneath your name.
as for trolls, man, the rezound forum just got a third moderator because of all the trolling. there's so much hating going on over there. makes me miss the good times here where everyone got along and could make and take a joke.
Eris on AOKP ICS: Dedicated music player
Rezound on Liquid: Standing by
Archos 5 Internet Tablet (Gen. 7, 500 GB): Bricked, and I haven't cared to fix it.
Droid DNA: One last chance, Big Red
 
CondemnedSoul
Old
#5  
CondemnedSoul's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,958
Posts: 4,213
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NJ

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by champdr0id View Post
CS, I must say I miss seeing your name as an OP, but I see you got Recognized Developer now. Congrats, bro! I can't believe this my first time seeing that title underneath your name.
as for trolls, man, the rezound forum just got a third moderator because of all the trolling. there's so much hating going on over there. makes me miss the good times here where everyone got along and could make and take a joke.
Thank you ... I haven't looked in the Rezound threads but I've heard its pretty tough there at times. I've found though, that instead of trying to be defensive with them, just call them out, let them know you really don't care and tell them to f-off .... They run back into hiding with their tail between there legs haha.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium
 
champdr0id
Old
#6  
champdr0id's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Posts: 435
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Du Bois, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CondemnedSoul View Post
Thank you ... I haven't looked in the Rezound threads but I've heard its pretty tough there at times. I've found though, that instead of trying to be defensive with them, just call them out, let them know you really don't care and tell them to f-off .... They run back into hiding with their tail between there legs haha.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium
well our newest mod just started a big thread cleanup project. one thread at a time is gonna be locked, then stripped of the irrelevance and hate posts. ha it's about time
Eris on AOKP ICS: Dedicated music player
Rezound on Liquid: Standing by
Archos 5 Internet Tablet (Gen. 7, 500 GB): Bricked, and I haven't cared to fix it.
Droid DNA: One last chance, Big Red
 
champdr0id
Old
#7  
champdr0id's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Posts: 435
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Du Bois, PA
I know you're looking. Come on and post! So far it looks like a pm gone public ha

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Eris on AOKP ICS: Dedicated music player
Rezound on Liquid: Standing by
Archos 5 Internet Tablet (Gen. 7, 500 GB): Bricked, and I haven't cared to fix it.
Droid DNA: One last chance, Big Red
 
dverespey
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jan 2011
Thanks as well. This forum introduced me to the whole rooting experience and allowed me to keep using this phone long past what I would have put up with if I had to remain stock.

A a developer I know the troubles with any project and appreciate all the efforts.

Unfortunately I dropped the phone the last week and screen died, so I had to do a quick upgrade. Though about he Rezound but ended up with the LG Spectrum. Nice screen, rooted, but not much in the way of ROM's. Have to wait until ICS comes out.

Again thanks folks.
 
TheGratefulDead
Old
#9  
TheGratefulDead's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 563
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whitehall NY
****ing right. It was a little more then a tear ago I stumbled upon this place and took took the plunge to root my Droid Eris, knowing that I was running 2.1 and would never see anything higher then that cuz the Eris was already at end of life. Then boom rooted unlocked and running gin-tazz. I've been hooked ever sense. Now mongoose is still putting work into this device running 4.0 haha amazing. Thank you all very much

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
I'm on the Droids heavy
 
scary alien
Old
#10  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 266
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indy
I'd like to see bftb0's name listed up top.

There's so many things he's done for the Eris community, both here and over at AndroidForums, it would be a crime to not have his member name listed for posterity along with all of the other fine folks you listed above.

He is, without question, one of the most knowledgeable folks to have ever posted here at XDA and many, many folks are indebted to him for his help (me included ).

Cheers!

The Following User Says Thank You to scary alien For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes