Source code: All patches welcome. Just attach them to this thread or some other file locker online (Or pm me for email)
How to use this:
- You need an SD card. I recommend a clean one (Use HP USB storage format tool to wipe it good)
- Place the entire contents of the pack into the root of the SD card. (That means the top directory)
- Run "HARET.EXE" from windows mobile. You'll see flying text. Give it some time, first boot takes a while.
- Radio: Calls (Tested on CDMA only. Tell us if you have GSM)
- Androidy goodness in general.
What doesn't work (yet):
- HW3D (Done. Will deploy on next release)
- Media, windows and back keys.
That last item is interesting. Since not all the keys are working we've mapped them like this to make the phone usable:
- VolUP = Menu key
- VolDOWN = Back key
- Power = power key.
- Send = end key.
- Data is not working?
You need to edit (from android) the file at "/init.cfg/init.gingerbread.rc". Find the line that says:
service pppd_gprs /system/bin/pppd /dev/smd1 defaultroute local usepeerdns \
service pppd_gprs /system/bin/pppd /dev/smd7 defaultroute local usepeerdns \
- Phone doesn't wake up sometimes?
This is an unresolved issue. The first thing you need to do is deactivate "auto backlight" in both window mobile and android. It will work much better that way but you will still have trouble sometimes. If its not waking up then just suspend it again and wake it up once more until it does. Sometimes it gets stupid, be patient.
This will be annoying when you have incoming calls and you can't see the screen. Just blindly swipe the answer slider and it'll work. The phone is awake, just not showing anything on screen. Touchscreen and everything works though.
That's about it for now. Let me know how it goes.Enjoy!
Thanks to everyone on xdandroid and htc-linux for their undying and monumental support of our misguided efforts
EDIT 05-12-2012: Download links updated. I put up a second release. It was the one we devs were using but I can't remember what was new in it. Not much, probably just the hardware 3d acceleration. Development has pretty much stopped on this, sourcecode is on GIT if anyone wants to pick it up.