Ask a question

No registration required

Sky Go on Milestone 2

OP crazyteknohed

9th April 2012, 11:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

113 posts
Hello forumites. I did have a thread on the dev forum regarding this but it got deleted (don't know why?) and had little - no - response. Here's hoping this thread bears more fruit... I mean, surely I'm not the only one trying to get this app running?

Bottom line in case you don't know is that you need to use this version of the app and use OTA Voodoo Rootkeeper to hide the root before using the app (Sky has blocked rooted phones from working).

Problem No. 2 seems to be that Sky checks for custom ROMs and kernels so it is very hit and miss as to which handsets will work. So far I have tested MIUI (unsuccessful), MS2Ginger 3.0 (successful but didn't like the ROM) and stock UK GB (via santi's Nandroid backup - unsuccessful). Some guy here has managed to get the app going on a stock ROM so I'm currently flashing the SBF via RSD Lite to see if I get any more joy.

Anyone else here had a go at getting Sky Go working? If so, which ROM are you rocking?
24th April 2012, 01:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Spalding
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
More
Talking
I can assure you it works on the stock rom with Voodoo, eventhough the ROM is pants while Skygo works I will keep it!
24th April 2012, 07:17 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I have a Argent3.0stone... I will try
3rd May 2012, 05:25 PM   |  #4  
Flag Contagem
Thanks Meter: 4

17 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have MIUI, i will try too..
12th May 2012, 04:16 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

113 posts
Managed to get it running by flashing a UK GB SBF but the stock ROM is god-awful. Anyone tried running it under CM9? I know that ICS isn't officially supported but I have heard reports of it working.
4th June 2012, 05:51 PM   |  #6  
Flag Spalding
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
More
Don't use the universal de-blur script because Sky Go doesn't work anymore, only news no sport, it thinks its rooted even with voodoo :(
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread