NEED HELP with "/proc/last_kmsg"

OP ss12108

12th May 2012, 03:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 115

622 posts
More
Anyone know how to decipher this file? I have crazy amounts of hard reboots and I think it is hardware related, but I have no idea how to narrow it down at this point. I've basically done everything possible - full wipes, new roms/kernels, 100% stock everything, no tweaks, etc. Still, at some point, reboots.

I see on the old CM7 thread that cyanogen requested that a file, /proc/last_kmsg be sent if you experience hard reboots. I found the file, copied it to my PC, and formatted the thing for over an hour so it shows each item logged line by line. I just have no idea what I'm looking at though.

I can't run a logcat via adb because my miscroUSB isn't recognized anymore by the computer. It charges but neither the PC or the Evo give me USB options. The port is a bit banged up so I'm sure its physical damage causing that issue. Plus, even if I left a logcat app running, I have no idea when another reboot will come, and I can't have it running 24/7 and killing my battery.

Anyway...any suggestions are welcome. I just need to make it another 5 weeks with this bad boy but these reboots are affecting my business now so I'd love to get them straightened out. Thanks for any help. I've attached the last_kmsg file for anyone who can read it...hopefully it doesn't contain any sensitive info haha.
Attached Files
File Type: txt last_kmsg.txt - [Click for QR Code] (60.5 KB, 235 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread