Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Shift Stand?

Tip us?

blakeatl
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp254 View Post
Now that's some old school **** there! Haha. I don't think a cassette has been made in 15-20 years. LOL. E-bay antiques section.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium
I know that's right!
Make a little money when you receive a text. (5 per day).
Make even more money when you refer someone.

http://bit.ly/rOvUL6

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6580
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp254 View Post
Now that's some old school **** there! Haha. I don't think a cassette has been made in 15-20 years. LOL. E-bay antiques section.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium
Well that should give you an idea of how long I've been messing with phones :P . BTW still have an unopened pack of cassettes :P .

TEAM MiK
Mik Roms Since 3/13/11

mcbride731
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i haven't seen one specifically for the Shift yet, and i'm surprised no one has created a case with one built in. hell, i'm just happy the MikShifted-G ROM lets me use the volume button to take a pic lol. pressing the button without looking at the screen was a pain in the ace.

BigSplit
Old
Thanks Meter 808
I used an old cd and used a lighter to soften it up to bend it into shape I could work with, I only use it while listening to music.

Got the idea from some DIY site and it has worked fine for my needs.

Dogahn
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I found that a PSP-1000 stand works great... unless the app has a fixed landscape and doesn't rotate. However I could just tilt the shift so the usb plug fit underneath and the stand still functioned (if at an odd angle). It doesn't hold the phone securely, so no carrying it around in the stand but it is good enough to withstand a table bump.

Dogan
Used to find them cheap, used @ gamestop
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogahn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sixxt9
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Seidio also makes a desktop charging cradle that i'm sure could be modified slightly for just about any need while keeping the charge function. Just throwing that out there.

twizt3d
Old
Thanks Meter 22
@jsp

pretty sure you just angered a few of us older techies lol. calling our beloved cassettes antiques. I still remember stealing the black album by metallica off my father on cassette.

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6580
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxt9 View Post
Seidio also makes a desktop charging cradle that i'm sure could be modified slightly for just about any need while keeping the charge function. Just throwing that out there.
If I can come across that cradle for a bit less, I'm going to have to pick it up. It's the first one I've seen that they show working with a Case.