Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,346 Members 47,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official Sprint ICS Officially Slated and Dated

Tip us?

mybikegoes200
Old
(Last edited by mybikegoes200; 12th May 2012 at 02:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Official Sprint ICS Officially Slated and Dated

For those who may not have seen this, a Sprint VP yesterday put a date on when we might expect the *official* Sprint ICS update - and it will include Sense 3.6. In light of the VM woes, I for one will be in the "waiting for the official" camp. I apologize if this has been seen before - but to my knowledge this is the first *official* word on a release date from Sprint brass.

From the mouth of David Owens, a VP for the wireless provider, "the eagerly-awaited Ice Cream Sandwich update for the HTC EVO 3D is set to arrive sometime in June."

http://www.mobilebloom.com/arrival-o...-exec/2213697/
Flaming members in a member-content driven site is just plain dumb.

Doing my part to accelerate fruitslayer Android's inevitable march toward world domination.

Samsung Note III, Sprint EVO 4G LTE, & Evo Shift (formerly Sprint EVO 3D, Evo 4G, AT&T Tilt 2, Fuze, Tilt, 8525, 8225, Nokia E61 & E62 (doh!))
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mybikegoes200 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saboxerman
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybikegoes200 View Post
For those who may not have seen this, a Sprint VP yesterday put a date on when we might expect the *official* Sprint ICS update - and it will include Sense 3.6. In light of the VM woes, I for one will be in the "waiting for the official" camp. I apologize if this has been seen before - but to my knowledge this is the first *official* word on a release date from Sprint brass.

http://www.mobilebloom.com/arrival-o...-exec/2213697/
Thanks for the info. I haven't read it yet. Not sure if it's posted in the correct forum, however, I'm glad you did because I wouldn't have caught it otherwise.
The Following User Says Thank You to saboxerman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mybikegoes200
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Honestly I only considered the forum-spot after I posted it. I'm such a tinkerer that I rarely pay attention to the other forums. Having said that - and I'm sure they would anyway - but if this post would be more fitting somewhere else - admins - please feel free to move it

Doing my part to accelerate fruitslayer Android's inevitable march toward world domination.

Samsung Note III, Sprint EVO 4G LTE, & Evo Shift (formerly Sprint EVO 3D, Evo 4G, AT&T Tilt 2, Fuze, Tilt, 8525, 8225, Nokia E61 & E62 (doh!))

gk1984
Old
Thanks Meter 283
Not only is this probably in the wrong place, it has been posted before...

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA
Android Enthusiast, Video Producer, and Photographer - www.graesen.com

smw6180
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4761

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gk1984 View Post

Not necessary. Guy's just trying to be helpful and no doubt the mods will move this one. Chill out about it.
Current Phone:
T-Mobile HTC One
Tablets:
Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime
Asus Eee Pad Transformer
Previous Smart Phones:
Sprint HTC ONE
HTC Evo 4G LTE
HTC Evo3D
HTC Evo 4G
PPC6700
Touch Diamond (WinMO 6.5)
HTC Hero
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to smw6180 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saboxerman
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by smw6180 View Post
Not necessary. Guy's just trying to be helpful and no doubt the mods will move this one. Chill out about it.
True story....

Regardless, dude was trying to be helpful, and he was. Helped me. I've interested to hear the news and haven't seen it elsewhere. No one here has the time to read every single post in every single thread on every single forum. So, glad I caught it here as I've been waiting patiently.

Until then, I'm enjoying the Kingdom Boost ICS ROM has it has been fully functional with hardly any glitches. Android 4.0 + HTC Sense 3.6 = Win (in my book).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saboxerman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mybikegoes200
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gk1984 View Post

Meh... I included a pre-emptory mea culpa both in the OP and after. I would, in complete sincerity, love to know where the *official* date estimate was posted before... I say that only because the interview quoted happened *yesterday*. Any dates before that were, according to the article, pure speculation.

Having said that, I concur that this is probably in the wrong place and again would say feel free to move it...

The Following User Says Thank You to mybikegoes200 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smac7
Old
Thanks Meter 149
notice how the release is after the release of the new evo. I wonder if they think the ics update will deter people from buying a new evo.

mybikegoes200
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
notice how the release is after the release of the new evo. I wonder if they think the ics update will deter people from buying a new evo.
Believe me I noted the same thing... Dual core 1.2 to dual core 1.5 with a better screen... I'd bet the 3D is fixin to have its price slashed. But the fact that Sprint is, and has been, selling the 3D full-out for the past entire year as a flagship phone alongside the SII, nexus, and soon-to-be-released E4GLTE, I think Sprint knew it *had* to include the 3D in the upgrade - or the sales of the 3D would have petered out long ago... Just a guess.

I'll be in line for the E4GLTE once Sprint's network issues (3 months, and counting) in my area are rectified. GD "network vision." "Sprint - the Hopefully Next Month network"

saboxerman
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
Probably so. Everything to boost sales! But, peeps like us who try to be savvy with the phone rooting stuff tend to extend the lives of our phones way past what the tech moguls try to tell us they should be. Shoot, even ICS seems to be hitting the old HTC Aria with a processor that's less than 1 GHz.