Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP] 4.0.4 ICS | Evervolv | 2.2.0b1 | 5/20/12

Tip us?

jaebond
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
Hello fellow Columbusian ???

Anyway, the link only takes me to an info page for yourself at OSU's domain. I'd be interested in trying yours, besides testing lemonoid's more thoroughly.

I don't have to have used SuperCharger yet before swapping the services.jar files do I?

My trackball flashes only when I get notifications for text messages or calls. I think emails, too. Do you get yours at other times?
Yep, I am a Columbusian as of last summer.

I fixed the link. I forgot to add on the /services.jar at the end. I have never tried using the new services.jar without supercharging first. I guess if the system doesn't know what to do with the changes that get made, it could cause problems.

If you would rather get the services.jar from the source, here is the website they made up that patches it: http://android.mimic.ca

Yeah, I get the trackball flashing other times too. Most recently, right after my phone booted this morning, the trackball was doing the flashing just like when you get a call.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaebond For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
(Last edited by roirraW "edor" ehT; 11th May 2012 at 01:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1327
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaebond View Post
Yep, I am a Columbusian as of last summer.

I fixed the link. I forgot to add on the /services.jar at the end. I have never tried using the new services.jar without supercharging first. I guess if the system doesn't know what to do with the changes that get made, it could cause problems.

If you would rather get the services.jar from the source, here is the website they made up that patches it: http://android.mimic.ca

Yeah, I get the trackball flashing other times too. Most recently, right after my phone booted this morning, the trackball was doing the flashing just like when you get a call.
Oh, I knew I should've just added that to the URL, but I figured it wouldn't be that simple. Hehe... Thanks for the other link, too.

I'll test it with already using the SuperCharger then.

Now that you mention it, I do remember, at least under Tests 1 and 2, that the phone would do that at least sometimes after a reboot. Are you using Test 3, and if you are with the .29 Kernel or .35 Kernel? I'm using Test 3 with the .35 Kernel.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

First observation, lemonoid's services.jar file does match the MD5 he gave, but it's different (and slightly smaller) than jaebond's. I haven't really looked into specifically what needs doing to the services.jar file to make it work with SuperCharger, so I don't know if there's anything wrong with them being different from each other, but it's interesting.

Ah! Okay, lemonoid's services.jar is I think for the ROM link in the OP, I'm guessing anyway. I used the web service on my services.jar and it was identical to the one you provided, jaebond. Also, the mod website says "HTC Eris - Evervolv Beta 3 Test 3" and lemonoid's says "Droid Eris - AOSP 4.0.3 Evervolv".

MongooseHelix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 453
I haven't had much time recently and heading out to meet some friends shortly but wanted to give people something to think about. I was considering how I could swing getting an Eris over to riemer in the Netherlands so he could work on the kernel with it in hand. Either finding someone here with an "extra" that they are willing to sell or from somewhere like eBay. I know it would help him a lot to actually have one if he does help us out and he's much more capable than I in terms of quick progress
Twitter: @MongooseHelix

Devices: Eris, Inc, Tbolt, Gnex
Source: GitHub
Change Review: Gerrit

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
(Last edited by roirraW "edor" ehT; 11th May 2012 at 10:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1327
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHelix View Post
I haven't had much time recently and heading out to meet some friends shortly but wanted to give people something to think about. I was considering how I could swing getting an Eris over to riemer in the Netherlands so he could work on the kernel with it in hand. Either finding someone here with an "extra" that they are willing to sell or from somewhere like eBay. I know it would help him a lot to actually have one if he does help us out and he's much more capable than I in terms of quick progress
I'm going to repost this in General, I hope you don't mind; see if there's still anyone with a spare Eris visiting these forum sections.

Edit: Done, at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1649157. If you want me to remove this for any reason, just let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jaebond
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Now that you mention it, I do remember, at least under Tests 1 and 2, that the phone would do that at least sometimes after a reboot. Are you using Test 3, and if you are with the .29 Kernel or .35 Kernel? I'm using Test 3 with the .35 Kernel.
I'm on Test 3 with the .35 kernel. Now that I'm keeping an eye out for it more, I've only seen it happen after a reboot, so that might be the issue.

mad5870
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I have an extra Eros. The trackball doesn't work though. I have the trackball optional recovery on it.

Sent from my SPH-L710
The Following User Says Thank You to mad5870 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MongooseHelix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 453
Quote:
I'm going to repost this in General, I hope you don't mind; see if there's still anyone with a spare Eris visiting these forum sections.

Edit: Done, at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1649157. If you want me to remove this for any reason, just let me know.
Works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad5870 View Post
I have an extra Eros. The trackball doesn't work though. I have the trackball optional recovery on it.
I'll send you a PM. The trackball won't be an issue since it's not something that needs fixed in the .35 kernel.

jaebond
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I have been paying more attention and I get the call flashing of the trackball sometimes when I get a text message, even if my phone hasn't just booted.

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1327
Quote:
I have been paying more attention and I get the call flashing of the trackball sometimes when I get a text message, even if my phone hasn't just booted.
I assumed that it should, and I personally want it to do that, as a notification (in case I'm away from my phone for a minute). Not too disimilar at least to some options available in the past. Not sure if that can be turned off somewhere if you don't want it to do that.

MongooseHelix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 453
Quote:

Quote:
I assumed that it should, and I personally want it to do that, as a notification (in case I'm away from my phone for a minute). Not too disimilar at least to some options available in the past. Not sure if that can be turned off somewhere if you don't want it to do that.
I have seen the more flashtastic trackball notif and is my guess is that it has something to do with the led kernel driver. In the ROM, I have set the trackball light as default for notifications instead of the green charge led but that can be changed back depending on what people prefer. I haven't played around with Light Flow on the Eris but I do use it on my gnex and it might work well here too.