5,600,919 Members 42,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] loss of signal?

Tip us?

leono1
Old
(Last edited by leono1; 11th May 2012 at 11:42 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] loss of signal?

just installed this rom on my desire S

[ROM] Saga3D v5.1.0 Desire S official Sense 3.0 - fast, stable, aroma installer

installed this rom to get away from the stock rom that was delaying my texts and not letting me recieve some calls.
this rom seems great but i lose signal every so often, it goes to 'no service', but a quick press of call to call someone and then put it down quick prompts my phone to kick in and have full signal again. also some texts are delayed still but only by 40 minutes maximum unlike the 12-15 hours they were before on the stock software. any ideas why or how to fix?
(im on tmobile, but my signal jumps from t mobile to orange, basband version 20.28I.30.085AU_3805.06.02.03_M)

ben_pyett
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1849
Quote:
Originally Posted by leono1 View Post
just installed this rom on my desire S

[ROM] Saga3D v5.1.0 Desire S official Sense 3.0 - fast, stable, aroma installer

installed this rom to get away from the stock rom that was delaying my texts and not letting me recieve some calls.
this rom seems great but i lose signal every so often, it goes to 'no service', but a quick press of call to call someone and then put it down quick prompts my phone to kick in and have full signal again. also some texts are delayed still but only by 40 minutes maximum unlike the 12-15 hours they were before on the stock software. any ideas why or how to fix?
(im on tmobile, but my signal jumps from t mobile to orange, basband version 20.28I.30.085AU_3805.06.02.03_M)
not quite sure where you live, but as a fellow UK T-mobile user I found the best Radio the one I'm on see link in signature.
Nexus 5 : hammerhead
Rom (Kernel): Cataclysm 4.4.2 [Dec 12, 2013] (Franco [#r45.2 test]) root: [superSU v1.93]
Nexus 4 : mako
Rom (Kernel): AOKP_ROM 4.3.1 [#aokp_mako_jb-mr2_2013-11-14] (Franco [#r193-JWR])
Retired - HTC Desire S, HTC Touch Diamond 2, HTC Dual Touch, HTC TyTN, Innumerable NOKIAs
The Following User Says Thank You to ben_pyett For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leono1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
hi, cheers ben im from uk aswell on t mobile. so maybe recommend me flashing the radio to the same one as yours?

ben_pyett
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1849
Quote:
Originally Posted by leono1 View Post
hi, cheers ben im from uk aswell on t mobile. so maybe recommend me flashing the radio to the same one as yours?
can't see that it would do any harm.....ensure that you follow the instructions correctly and check the md5sum of the radio file after download and after copy onto sdcard as a bad radio file flash can ruin phone
Nexus 5 : hammerhead
Rom (Kernel): Cataclysm 4.4.2 [Dec 12, 2013] (Franco [#r45.2 test]) root: [superSU v1.93]
Nexus 4 : mako
Rom (Kernel): AOKP_ROM 4.3.1 [#aokp_mako_jb-mr2_2013-11-14] (Franco [#r193-JWR])
Retired - HTC Desire S, HTC Touch Diamond 2, HTC Dual Touch, HTC TyTN, Innumerable NOKIAs