Tip us?

GrayTheWolf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2088

DONATE TO ME
Default EXTmicro USB vs. Micro USB

What's the difference?
The rezound has an Ext type plug, and the MHL adapter I have is just regular micro USB. The video quality is great, it is just very choppy and slow. I assume if I bought an ExtMicro USB MHL adapter, I would get better video because it has more pins to transfer data. Can anyone confirm this?
S-Off thanks to Beaups and Sonic2756!

If I helped in any way, please hit the "Thanks" button!

Click here to check out my development page.

krelvinaz
Old
Thanks Meter 519
I don't think so. The EXTMicroUSB is a longer plug, but the only time it would have more pins in it is if it is an MHL adapter.

The two are not the same thing but you can have both in the same plug.

However on the Rezound, if you are using an EXTMicroUSB, it will have a snap in feel when you plug it in and not easily fall out like regular MicroUSB plugs do with it.

I don't think you will get better anything using a different MHL adapter from what you are already getting.
Phone: TMobile - Samsung SM-900T Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat Rooted/Stock - QI Wireless
Tablet: Nexus 7 16gb Stock Rooted - 4.4 w/TWRP Recovery
Droid Like Devices: Several ChromeCasts, Amazon Fire TV
Link: ReZoundn EVO 4g LTE and HTC Droid DNA Splash Screen Web Generator

GrayTheWolf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2088

DONATE TO ME
I know that the charging USB cable that comes with the rezound only uses the pins that the micro USB connector uses. But if I bought a 12 pin ExtUSB MHL adapter, than in theory, it has more pins to transfer data therefore better video signal because it doesn't have to compress it so much.

xceebeex
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayTheWolf View Post
I know that the charging USB cable that comes with the rezound only uses the pins that the micro USB connector uses. But if I bought a 12 pin ExtUSB MHL adapter, than in theory, it has more pins to transfer data therefore better video signal because it doesn't have to compress it so much.
What? Each pin has a specific purpose. More pins doesn't not mean better video signal. More pins simply means it has more capability. Video will go over a set of defined pins, and those pins only. It won't use other pins.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

GrayTheWolf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2088

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceebeex View Post
What? Each pin has a specific purpose. More pins doesn't not mean better video signal. More pins simply means it has more capability. Video will go over a set of defined pins, and those pins only. It won't use other pins.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
I understand that. I have done alot of work with the 30 pin on iDevices. Each of the 30 pins has a specific purpose and only transmits that purpose. But my question is, why would HTC make a 6 pin MHL adapter and a 12 pin MHL adapter? One has to be better than the other. Unless the 12 pin just doesn't even use the extra pins. So if that is true, then what are the extra pins for? Does anyone have a pinout of the Rezound?