Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 43,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lexar or Samsung 32gb MicroSD Card Recommend?

Tip us?

henly
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I think I have fallen foul of this, I bought two 32gb cards from'micro sd cards uk' @ about 15 quid each and I cant write to them properly they are class 10 so they should be ok but I have nothing but probs with them on two laptops with different cards readers,

Ill contact the vendors tomorrow Ill keep you posted.

StillTheWatcher
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Sounds very cheap for a class 10 32gb card, I bought my samsung one around christmas for 35 and that was the cheapest price at the time!

I'm sorry to say this but if something sounds to good to be true then it probably is...

eevilgenius
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Definately Lexar that's what use and its works great and very fast too

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium HD app

warfanax
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I have been using Lexar 32gb class 10 for a year and its very good. I bought it for 29$ on a sale and that's what makes it amazing actually.

Here are the avarege speeds after 3 runs:
Read 19.4
Write 10.8

I strongly suggest to anyone.

dreadylock
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Cool not just ebay

In the end I bought a 32gb SanDisk Class 4 off Amazon, for a lot more than they are on eBay at around 28, apparently there are loads of near-fakes on eBay (only way I could guarantee it was genuine- the chinese are using genuine 4gb SanDisk cards and then re-branding and re-coding them as 32gb, the card thinks it's a 32gb, reports that it's a 32gb card but obviously runs out of room and has errors as soon as you try to put stuff on it).

not just eBay some can be found on amazon i got two from amazon and had get a refund kept losing mp3s and pics so tested with h2testw_1.4and lost 28gb
so get this and test if you have probs
The Following User Says Thank You to dreadylock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mascolel
Old
(Last edited by mascolel; 14th May 2012 at 04:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuljit55 View Post
Hi guys i am looking to buy a 32gb Class 10, MicroSD card for my Desire, i am planning to partition it so i can have more internal space. After searching the market for a competitive price, i have came down to 2 options:

Lexar 32GB Micro SDHC Class 10 Extreme Speed

Samsung MB-MSBGAEU 32GB Class 10 Micro SD Card

I would appreciate if users here can recommend me which one i should go for and why (if owned either and used) ?

Thanks alot
I thought that the maximum allowed for Desire was 16 gb. Mine is 16 gb (Samsung), with good data transfer performance. By the way, in your situation I would go for Samsung.

shinydesert
Old
(Last edited by shinydesert; 24th May 2012 at 02:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadylock View Post
In the end I bought a 32gb SanDisk Class 4 off Amazon, for a lot more than they are on eBay at around 28, apparently there are loads of near-fakes on eBay (only way I could guarantee it was genuine- the chinese are using genuine 4gb SanDisk cards and then re-branding and re-coding them as 32gb, the card thinks it's a 32gb, reports that it's a 32gb card but obviously runs out of room and has errors as soon as you try to put stuff on it).

not just eBay some can be found on amazon i got two from amazon and had get a refund kept losing mp3s and pics so tested with h2testw_1.4and lost 28gb
so get this and test if you have probs
And I think I got one of those.Benchmark numbers seems pretty crappy.

-Samsung microSD SDHC 32gb Class10
This was the Ebay seller
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CrystalDiskMark3_0_1.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1080061