Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,262 Members 49,850 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update 1.82

Tip us?

mike21pr
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_m View Post
What does "smoother / better performance" mean? Not literally, but what exactly has been altered here except the WiFi fix?
IMO the only thing performancewise id like worked on is that stutter/stall you get when opening the app tray the first time. After that its really smooth but its the first time that counts since nobody opens and closes the app tray repetedly, just launches an app and thats it.

Im glad wifi is fixed, ill wait for the ota since i have no pc and would rather have official than leak

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Carrier: AT&T USA
Current OS: Android 4.4.2 KitKat (Stock)
Current Device: Moto G Google Play Edition

Skizzy034
Old
(Last edited by Skizzy034; 12th May 2012 at 06:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by designgears View Post
read the post above yours. the red text.
data wipe after or before? Also did you get a one x? Will we see some work from you? If so, that's awesome =)

Also do we to a data wipe just by going to settings and doing a factory reset?

DanMc85
Old
Thanks Meter 241

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21pr View Post
IMO the only thing performancewise id like worked on is that stutter/stall you get when opening the app tray the first time. After that its really smooth but its the first time that counts since nobody opens and closes the app tray repetedly, just launches an app and thats it.

Im glad wifi is fixed, ill wait for the ota since i have no pc and would rather have official than leak

The official release will be by the end of may... so the next week or two or maybe sooner now that this has leaked, might make HTC speed up a little bit.
My Phones:

HTC One M8 Developer Edition, AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 x2, Samsung Galaxy S 4 32GB (i337), and Apple iPhone 5s 32GB

My Tablets:

Dell XPS 18, Apple iPad Mini Retina 32GB LTE, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE (i467), HTC Jetstream LTE (Puccini)

PayPal

Oridus
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I for one had huge wifi issues before I flashed this, and now they're a thing of the past. I was able to root again using the same method even though I had to do it 6 times, restored apps, app data and settings data using TBU, and it's like I never had to start from scratch

║LG G3, at&t ║ iPhone 5s 16gb, at&t ║

ThisWasATriumph
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Strange update because, although it feels much faster and smoother, it benchmarks a few hundred points lower Wifi is fixed though so I can't complain.
Current: -HTC One X LTE (White)- S-OFF, TWRP, Viper V4.2.0 Jellybean 4.2.2
-HP Touchpad 32GB- CM 11 KitKat 4.4
Old: Palm m515(33mhz baby!)->Palm Tungsten C->Dell Axim x50v->Palm Treo 700p-> Samsung BlackJack II -> Samsung Captivate- CM 10.2 Jellybean 4.3.1
The Following User Says Thank You to ThisWasATriumph For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

expertzero1
Old
Thanks Meter 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisWasATriumph View Post
Strange update because, although it feels much faster and smoother, it benchmarks a few hundred points lower Wifi is fixed though so I can't complain.
Cool benchmarks > wifi fix and smoothness???

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

ThisWasATriumph
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by expertzero1 View Post
Cool benchmarks > wifi fix and smoothness???

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Welcome to XDA :P
Current: -HTC One X LTE (White)- S-OFF, TWRP, Viper V4.2.0 Jellybean 4.2.2
-HP Touchpad 32GB- CM 11 KitKat 4.4
Old: Palm m515(33mhz baby!)->Palm Tungsten C->Dell Axim x50v->Palm Treo 700p-> Samsung BlackJack II -> Samsung Captivate- CM 10.2 Jellybean 4.3.1
The Following User Says Thank You to ThisWasATriumph For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tiffany84
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2859

DONATE TO ME
Does anyone know if this RUU updates the bootloader and if that may affect any development for s-off that may come in the future? Thanks.

The_Zodiac
Old
(Last edited by The_Zodiac; 13th May 2012 at 05:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany84 View Post
Does anyone know if this RUU updates the bootloader and if that may affect any development for s-off that may come in the future? Thanks.
nope.

the only question currently is how we are supposed to get back to stock (for warranty or what not)

via designgears

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=28
HTC One X
Current Rom:
ViperXL

Nexus 7 (2013)
Current Rom:
CleanROM

Tiffany84
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2859

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Zodiac View Post
nope.

the only question currently is how we are supposed to get back to stock (for warranty or what not)

via designgears

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=28
Ya, I always like being on the latest and greatest but it's always a little scary when there is not a known way of getting back. Makes me a little nervous anyways.