5,597,937 Members 38,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[5.10.2012][NT 5.10.8835.35 V1]Spark_W_ML_51260503_R_153000802_2316w0506U by ansar

Tip us?

TheXev
Old
Thanks Meter 113

DONATE TO ME
List of issue I have found with Ansar Mango 8107 build:
  • ID mismatch still present
  • Radio/drivers are from Mango v1, not Mango v3 (I need to get the cab list for Spark_W posted in the cab thread... :/ Maybe this weekend?)
  • Rom includes a radio, so users are being reflashed to Mango v1 radio 1.53.00.08.02
  • Internet sharing fails, I recommend simplying using WIRELSS driver from Spark Euro, adding policy does not work since the driver is hardwired not to share internet somehow.
  • Phone still ask to be activated on boot, I would change this.
  • Programming problems are same as DFT Freedom for Verizon Wireless, this is related to Cotulla's Fullunlock. I would not recommend a factory reset on this phone for the same reasons I did for DFT's rom. PRL updates should be okay to perform, but not full programming via *228 when the phone is NOT already programmed. This is beyond ansar's control at this time, and every cooked rom with full unlock will have this same problem at present.
  • Fullunlock is not functioning in this rom?
  • OEM apps are not installing automatically in this rom?
  • Fullunlock apps are not installing in this rom?

I'm not sure WHY these issues are occurring, but the Mango rom is seriously broken. I haven't tired the Tango builds yet, but no one is having these issues with Tango build so far??
If anything I have posted has helped you, please remember to press the "thanks" button!

Current Phones: HTC Eris, HTC Trophy 7 (SparkW)
Current Rom: XevRev Beta ?? lol
Current Employment: Crap

Try XevRev for Spark_W! It just works.
In need of a HTC Touch (Vogue) ROM that doesn't crash every 5 mins? Try XevRev_V series!

Enjoy XevRev? Please donate because I'm poor! (Seriously, I am.)

Follow me on twitter @RisingStart!

Thanks to everyone who has donated to me!

DavidinCT
Old
(Last edited by DavidinCT; 1st May 2012 at 06:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 150

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adxv View Post
Thanks.....but apps dont work
Can you fix it??????????????
Fix what ? Side load the XAP that I posted a link to (not my link, I found it here), install it.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXev View Post
List of issue I have found with Ansar Mango 8107 build:
  • ID mismatch still present
  • Radio/drivers are from Mango v1, not Mango v3 (I need to get the cab list for Spark_W posted in the cab thread... :/ Maybe this weekend?)
  • Rom includes a radio, so users are being reflashed to Mango v1 radio 1.53.00.08.02
  • Internet sharing fails, I recommend simplying using WIRELSS driver from Spark Euro, adding policy does not work since the driver is hardwired not to share internet somehow.
  • Programming problems are same as DFT Freedom for Verizon Wireless, this is related to Cotulla's Fullunlock. I would not recommend a factory reset on this phone for the same reasons I did for DFT's rom. PRL updates should be okay to perform, but not full programming via *228 when the phone is NOT already programmed. This is beyond ansar's control at this time, and every cooked rom with full unlock will have this same problem at present.
  • Fullunlock is not functioning in this rom?
  • OEM apps are not installing automatically in this rom?
  • Fullunlock apps are not installing in this rom?

I'm not sure WHY these issues are occurring, but the Mango rom is seriously broken. I haven't tired the Tango builds yet, but no one is having these issues with Tango build so far??
I did the Tango build (the 3L version to be exact), It seems to be working fine, full unlock is in effect, Radio was a lower version so I went and downloaded the updated radio (v3, newest) and installed it (reports it in the settings).

As full unlock goes, some apps dont work right(heard the same thing with DFT's too), Even with Root Tools 0.9, I set an app to have root and it still did not work on this rom. Geting updated versions or different apps, turned different results, see a page back for Explorer and Bazzar problems/fixes.

OEM apps installed, I installed a HTC app and I even set for Nokia's market to download the ESPN app, no problems there.

I did activate it on install (#228 option 1) and did PRL updates with no problems.

I'll try to do the internet sharing, funny, I always seemed to need it but, once I have it, I have not needed it yet.

I would love to see your report on the Tango rom, just to see what you find. So far I am happy with it. Also, on DFT's I heard issues with voice control/texting, no issues with it here...AT ALL.

If this is tango, what is different ? I have not noticed any issues...
If this post helped, PLEASE HIT THANKS !!!!

Thanks !

weide43
Old
(Last edited by weide43; 1st May 2012 at 08:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
I get Error ModelID

Image: http://tinypic.com/r/rszc5x/6

PC40100 SS-BC (4K)
HSPL1.20.2250.0(117833)
CotullaHSPL 0x09
TOUCH A1(v1,20)

TheXev
Old
Thanks Meter 113

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by weide43 View Post
I get Error ModelID

Image: http://tinypic.com/r/rszc5x/6

PC40100 SS-BC (4K)
HSPL1.20.2250.0(117833)
CotullaHSPL 0x09
TOUCH A1(v1,20)
I believe you are running a Euro Spark (Trophy), and not the United States Verizon branded Spark_W. Try the other ansar thread for Spark_ML and you'll be fine.
If anything I have posted has helped you, please remember to press the "thanks" button!

In need of a HTC Touch (Vogue) ROM that doesn't crash every 5 mins? Try XevRev_V series!

ken52787
Old
Thanks Meter 50
I have the Tango 3L build and internet sharing does indeed work for me. I've used it a couple of times with no issue.

TheXev
Old
Thanks Meter 113

DONATE TO ME
I got ansar's Tango up and running, Internet Sharing is working, and all the OEM apps installed. I'll have to do some testing this weekend to see if the programming issues carry over, but my guess is that they do... you can't really notice the programming issues unless you perform a full reset and clear the data out, and then attempt to program (its a royal pain the butt when your primary internet connection is your phone, plus if you don't have another phone to activate temporary before resetting Trophy back to stock)...

...me thinks I'll need to do a full write-up on the fullunlock+programming issue with some video... probably post it in the general Win7 dev forum (or at LEAST send it off to Cotulla). I wonder if NuAngel would let me borrow his Gold_C to tinker with to see if its suffering from the same issue?

Peperm1nt
Old
Thanks Meter 184

DONATE TO ME
Not sure if this has been posted yet, But I'm using the Tango build and it works and functions alright, but there are SMALLLLL errors that NEED to be fixed that I have found. The Location aspect of the device seems buggy. The Maps(MS Stock) app works fine, but using other apps to view location and travel(gMaps for instance) seem to be a hit and miss deal. Sometimes it will access location and other times it will state to activate location(which is on in ALL settings of the device and within the app). I'm pretty sure this isn't a bug with gMaps only because Emondo does the same thing from time to time.

Also, the Roaming data is always on, you have to toggle two or three times before roaming data is not used even tho the option is set to off. Sometimes I end up just turning the data off completely to keep from using it(i live in a bad reception area and I don't data ROAM becuase it is 1x connection and seems to drain a crap load of battery.

I think I've stated previously that ROOT apps or w/e they are called on WP7 can't achieve root privs when installing, redownloading and reisntalling is the solution for me at the time. Usually the 2nd or 3rd download will work.

That is all I can think of atm, just thought I would give an update. the major issues I see are the first 2 tho.

Also, can I have words with a Dev for WP to PM me please. I have some ideas for something that I think the WP Platform needs addressed, PM would be best option due to cluttering and its more formal that way. Thanks.
GingerBread Phone 7
^^My Droid x2 Rom

My YouTube

TheXev
Old
Thanks Meter 113

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peperm1nt View Post
I think I've stated previously that ROOT apps or w/e they are called on WP7 can't achieve root privs when installing, redownloading and reisntalling is the solution for me at the time. Usually the 2nd or 3rd download will work.
Only thing I have noticed is that the xapinstaller built in will not run if another install is in progress. This causes problems because Bazzar (even 1.1) move right on to the next app before the previous one has completed installing, then you get an error. I borked my Opera install, and will probably have to manually remove those folders Opera install places.

As for the Tango rom... might as well do my writeup before bed:

So, same unlock quirks as other roms because.. well.. its the same unlock (Cotulla's), programming issues still exist with full reset..

Unlike Mango rom, this one isn't totally broken, and the Tango features seems to be working rather well. Doesn't feel much different from Mango, but I'm sure all that extra ram will have devs thinking differently!

ansar.ath.gr
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1844
Arrow Tip and ROM development info

Hi to all,

This is a tip on how to change searchkey

With registry editor navigate to key

[HKLM\Software\OEM\WebSearchOverride]

and change the value of

"ActionType"=3

to 6

This will set searchkey to Bing (default action)

////////////////////////////////

A new 8773 ROM version 5.12.605.03

will be released soon as well as Spark_W Manager V1.0

that will replace U2M8107

Regards, ansar

jibgilmon
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansar.ath.gr View Post
Spark_W Manager V1.0
And that is...?