XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Skyraider battery issues

Tip us?

Dannar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Skyraider battery issues

Since I got this phone in may last year, I haven't had horrible battery life, but it wasn't good either.

So, I rooted my phone and put off getting a ROM until I started having the dreaded reboot issue. I was on stock froyo of all things.

Now, I'm on skyraider. But my battery life is worse...much worse. I'm having trouble understanding why. I have less programs running in the background than ever. I think this thing underclocks too, right? In the skyraider settings it has a min and max setting. The max is 1ghz and the min is like 300 ish mhz.

The only other thing I can think to mention is my radio. I was apparantly on a radio that works with both froyo and gingerbread. I was consufed by how I flashed a GB rom from froyo and I still had a connection and all that. But anyway, perhaps this radio is inefficent?

Maybe there's some other idiot check thing I've missed. I always turn off features that I'm not using like gps and the like. I also use minimal brightness and don't run any live wallpapers. I'm using stock wall papers and skins.

I have not yet done a battery calibration. I plan to when I get some time...but does it *really* make a difference of hours to my battery's lifespan?

Man, I need a rezound battery...

Duely blundered from my thunderdolt

disconnecktie
Old
Thanks Meter 993
Do the calibration. Sometimes you have o do it between Rom flashes but its worth it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

smtom
Old
(Last edited by smtom; 12th May 2012 at 04:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 53
Lessen the number and frequency of apps that update (sync) in the background: email, fb, weather, etc. And, trying using the wifi when stationery, lower screen brightness.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium
LG G2 - Malladus 1.2.2
Nexus 7 (2012) ~ Prime
Galaxy Nexus ~ Retired
Thunderbolt - ~ Retired | OG Incredible ~ Retired
46" Sony Google TV ~ Honeycomb | Kindle Fire ~ Rooted

hallstevenson
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Skyraider is very stock-like, no performance kernel included (uses stock HTC), etc, etc so it should get equal battery life as stock does. The benefit of SR is the "LTE Auto On/Off" option it has. That can make a HUGE difference ! Be sure to enable it - it's not enabled by default.

smtom
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Try the IMO 5.1 kernel

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium
LG G2 - Malladus 1.2.2
Nexus 7 (2012) ~ Prime
Galaxy Nexus ~ Retired
Thunderbolt - ~ Retired | OG Incredible ~ Retired
46" Sony Google TV ~ Honeycomb | Kindle Fire ~ Rooted