Skyraider battery issues

OP Dannar

12th May 2012, 02:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

163 posts
Since I got this phone in may last year, I haven't had horrible battery life, but it wasn't good either.

So, I rooted my phone and put off getting a ROM until I started having the dreaded reboot issue. I was on stock froyo of all things.

Now, I'm on skyraider. But my battery life is worse...much worse. I'm having trouble understanding why. I have less programs running in the background than ever. I think this thing underclocks too, right? In the skyraider settings it has a min and max setting. The max is 1ghz and the min is like 300 ish mhz.

The only other thing I can think to mention is my radio. I was apparantly on a radio that works with both froyo and gingerbread. I was consufed by how I flashed a GB rom from froyo and I still had a connection and all that. But anyway, perhaps this radio is inefficent?

Maybe there's some other idiot check thing I've missed. I always turn off features that I'm not using like gps and the like. I also use minimal brightness and don't run any live wallpapers. I'm using stock wall papers and skins.

I have not yet done a battery calibration. I plan to when I get some time...but does it *really* make a difference of hours to my battery's lifespan?

Man, I need a rezound battery...

Duely blundered from my thunderdolt
12th May 2012, 03:11 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,190

5,079 posts
Do the calibration. Sometimes you have o do it between Rom flashes but its worth it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
12th May 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 53

846 posts
Lessen the number and frequency of apps that update (sync) in the background: email, fb, weather, etc. And, trying using the wifi when stationery, lower screen brightness.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium
Last edited by smtom; 12th May 2012 at 04:57 PM.
12th May 2012, 06:50 PM   |  #4  
Germantown OH
Thanks Meter: 284

2,598 posts
More
Skyraider is very stock-like, no performance kernel included (uses stock HTC), etc, etc so it should get equal battery life as stock does. The benefit of SR is the "LTE Auto On/Off" option it has. That can make a HUGE difference ! Be sure to enable it - it's not enabled by default.
13th May 2012, 05:30 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 53

846 posts
Try the IMO 5.1 kernel

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread