XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] need help for htc flyer

Tip us?

gizmogamer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation [q] need help for htc flyer

hey i have htc flyer GB 2.27.720.2 S-OFF I got a OTA UPDATE to HC 3.60.720.1 my question is if i update to hc will i be able to S-OFF and make calls like i do on my GB and if i want to update to hc is it necessary to turn it to S-ON and then update or can i update it directly without any problems. Thank you

jutley
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Good question mine is going to arrive Monday so my aims to upgrade to honeycomb but wanna know if I upgrade can I still unlock bootloader and s off.
Device 1 Nokia lumina 1520 yellow 32gb stock
Device 2 Samsung galaxy note 2 4.3 stock N7100 16gb
Device 3 IPad air 16gb silver (jailbroken evasion)
Device 4 Samsung galaxy gear stock rom sideloaded apps & (sony z ultra GPE)
Device 5 Ipod nano 16gb silver

mcord11758
Old
Thanks Meter 1187
Do not ota it will not end well for you. there is a hc rom from leedroid, that allows calls but no bluetooth

Sent from my HTC Flyer using xda premium

gizmogamer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcord11758 View Post
Do not ota it will not end well for you. there is a hc rom from leedroid, that allows calls but no bluetooth

Sent from my HTC Flyer using xda premium
whats the problem with ota?

mcord11758
Old
Thanks Meter 1187
You are soff the ota will not be able to over write the hboot. You will end up with gb hboot and honeycomb system and a flyer that won't boot

gizmogamer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
You are soff the ota will not be able to over write the hboot. You will end up with gb hboot and honeycomb system and a flyer that won't boot
So hw do i s on

mcord11758
Old
Thanks Meter 1187
I would suggest you go to honeycomb with soff using method listed in development, but there is also a method to go back to son. It depends on your long term goals

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using xda premium

Don'tPanic
Old
(Last edited by Don'tPanic; 6th July 2012 at 09:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I tried flashing the stock Brightstar RUU over S-off after an unsuccessful OTA update (which I now know is a no-go), with the above result and have found this thread.

Even after being charged for a day, Flyer won't power on, even pressing power/volume down or just power for 20 seconds. Just a flashing orange light. The blink hiccups once after about 9 seconds of holding power/volume down, then resumes blinking without any screen activity. Short of sending back to HTC (not worth it to me unless it's less expensive than I'm guessing), is it bricked/borked?

mcord11758
Old
Thanks Meter 1187
My guess is mismatch of parts that is not allowing your flyer to charge. Others have managed to take of the back cover, disconnect the battery, and charge it independent of their flyer. I think you need to gain enough charge to get back into hboot and correct the mismatch

IOIDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 1826

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
My guess is mismatch of parts that is not allowing your flyer to charge. Others have managed to take of the back cover, disconnect the battery, and charge it independent of their flyer. I think you need to gain enough charge to get back into hboot and correct the mismatch
Thats exactly what you need to do, once the battery is removed and charged you need to follow the instructions show in the below post TO THE LETTER, if this sis done correctly it works EVERYTIME. If you need any assistance along the way PM me as i have helped many people in the same situation as you and am almost always contactable through XDA via PM

IF YOU LIKE MY WORKS PLEASE HIT THANKS

Follow me On Twitter @IOIDroid