Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,594 Members 53,686 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] rooted HTC Amaze 4G freezing at HTC logo..PLEASE HELP!

Tip us?

ali.abid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparty_hard View Post
well to start off, I did fix the problem by installing the original T-Mobile Amaze ROM which I will upload shortly because I did notice other people having the same problem.

As far as the flashing, I'm using Hasoon2000's rooting/recovery program that I downloaded from one of his threads and I don't quite understand how to flash it..is that when I go into recovery and "install zip from SDcard"?

..sorry I'm a n00b
i tried the tmo amaze rom but it didnt work for me still gets stuck at logo ? which one did you use.,?

xndabox
Old
Thanks Meter 59

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
now my phone is just starting up, getting past the HTC screen and (since I am trying to get the new ICS ROM) gets to the screen with the multiple revolving rings and freezes, then resets itself. what now?
So you are trying to flash nrgz rom? Did you get the kernel flashed?

Over 10000!!! You bet I am.

xndabox
Old
Thanks Meter 59

DONATE TO ME
I guess its fixed. Just use me and leave I guess.

sparty_hard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Haha of course not but I flashed and installed cynogen ICS theme and it worked perfectly!....except my phone couldn't connect to any sort of wireless signals whatsoever. Couldn't even make a phone call so close. Further advice or possibly a better ROM and kernel?

xndabox
Old
(Last edited by xndabox; 11th May 2012 at 03:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 59

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Haha of course not but I flashed and installed cynogen ICS theme and it worked perfectly!....except my phone couldn't connect to any sort of wireless signals whatsoever. Couldn't even make a phone call so close. Further advice or possibly a better ROM and kernel?
That rom doesn't have any gsm or data..... Smh you have to read the entire post. But nrgz is the best rom to try. Ok I will post these directions for you.

try this, assuming you have a windows machine:
-download any ICS rom, extract the boot.img file, put it on your desktop
-download faux kernel, unzip the file on your desktop to keep it simple, and in the folder 'kernel-here' delete the boot.img in it and paste the boot.img you extracted from an ICS rom
-restart your phone in HBOOT and go to fastboot
-run the flash.bat batch file in the extracted folder from the faux kernel download, and let the command prompt run. It should tell you that the boot.img image was loaded.

restart your phone and hopefully you should be ok.

-courtesy of Andy55

dcmtnbkr
Old
(Last edited by dcmtnbkr; 11th May 2012 at 08:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 96
Check to make sure you are on the latest firmware. You will get bootloops if you are trying to install an ICS rom based of the leaked ruu and dont update the firmware on the phone.

you can get it here http://radioactivehobo.com/Amaze/Roms/PH85IMG.zip (from the arhd thread)
Nexus 7 2013 - Current Tab
Nexus 7 2012 - In dash install
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

RobsSXT
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm in the same boat. I was unlocked, running CWM 5.8.0.9 (Touch) with the Stock T-Mobile Kernel. I tried to flash Android Revolution from NRG ICS. The flash failed, and now I'm stuck on the white screen. I can't get into any recovery. I have flashed all the recoveries in Hasoons kit (and in EasyKernelFlasher_V1.3), I have flashed all the Kernels, I have tried all the suggestions in this thread. I can get into Bootloader easy, but once I try recovery, when it reboots to go into recovery (or a fresh start up from a battery pull), it hangs in the white screen.

When I pull the battery, put it in and plug into my laptop via USB, the phone sits there while off and connects and disconnects to the laptop over and over. When I disconnect it, I can boot into bootloader. But that's about all.

Been at this for hours searching for the magic bullet. I can't find it.

RobsSXT
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Oooo K, I got this to work, and here's what I did.

First off, I was stuck on the white boot screen, and could never get into Recovery. It would re-boot and hang at the white screen. I flashed it all with Hasoons kit, but nothing would work. But here's what I did.

First, I found this thread.

Down in the thread was a link to this.- it's a faux Kernel.

I downloaded it and put it on the root of my SD card. I renamed it to the usual ph85img.zip and booted into fastboot. The phone found that file and loaded it. That got me into Recovery.

From there, I was able to take the ROM of my choice, put it on my SD, then flash it as usual. And when it re-booted, I had a working phone again! Wh00T!

sparty_hard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
the original Tmo stock ROM I used is T-mobile_1.43_Stock_Rom_testv1. I tried finding the link I originally got it from but couldn't so sorry about that, guys. All you have to do is wipe data/factory reset in recovery mode and wipe cache partition and then use Hasoon2000's toolkit to flash stock tmo kernel and then install the tmobile 1.43 stock rom from SDcard and that will make your phone go back to normal and you should not have a problem with the white HTC screen!

However, I still don't understand how some of you are getting these ROMs to work on your Amaze 4G. I think I'm doing it right so somebody critique my steps here:

-download rom <a href="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1623184">found here</a>
-Place on sdcard
-turn off phone and boot into fastboot
-flash boot.img found in ROM file
-phone restarts itself and freezes at revolving ring screen and repeats over and over again
-so I take battery out and restart into recovery
-install zip from SDcard
-and then BOOM....nothing..same thing happens where it freezes at the revolving ring screen

WHAT IS GOING ON?! could it be the kernel that's faulty? looks like the rom worked for other people just fine

Double0EK
Old
(Last edited by Double0EK; 13th May 2012 at 04:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 805
Which Rom are you trying to flash? I hope you're not trying to flash an ICS Rom.. if you haven't updated to the Leaked ICS RUU then the Rom you might be trying to flash won't work. Check the Development threads. Read the OP and a few pages before asking on the thread.
-------------------------------------
Check out my hairless guinea pig

The Following User Says Thank You to Double0EK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]