Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 53,039 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sh25 & ht25

Tip us?

Matt_SWE
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir View Post
SH24X is an end of April batch, its sad to see they still struggle with this

are you confusing Flex with ripple, is your screen loose a little on the left?
Yes, maybe im confused Sorry.

Yes, itīs a bit loose on the left and if I gently push the screen at that place it flex and makes a loud clicking sound like the screen is not in place or something.

Im confused about the words i think, when I said ripple i meant that it is sensitive at the edges also and make waves on the screen.

Looked and compared with my friends grey HOX (HT23W) and it is rock solid!

Question is if im going to trade it in for a new one. Last time I waited a whole month to get a new one.

Lubihn
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hi,

got two HOX in front of me. One HT24 and one SH25.
I can tell you, that at least that two devices have no issues and no differences.

Apart from this, I can tell you a bit about working on quality failures in china:
I'm working for an good known german automobile manufacturer.
We've got a location in China, too. There's no comparison for how different the handling of qualitymanagement is.
In Germany, you face an issue on a product. Talk about it, solve it and the problem doesn't appear on the next day.
In China, you have to talk about the problem 50 times. Explain it to the whole factory. Have another 50 meetings to check if everyone agrees. Then, just when you think you got it, you check the product onces again and have to see, that the problem still appears.
So you start from the beginning.
You can be sure, that issues can be there for weeks... aaah... months!

| Hboot: 1.49.0007 (downgraded) | S-OFF and Root (revolutionary) |
| Radio: 10.53.9020.00_10.13.9020.08_2 | Rom: LeeDrOiD V5.3.0 | Kernel: LeeDrOiD V5.3.7 V5.3.5 | Governor: InteractiveX Interactive (built-in) |
- You guys are taking a great device and make it into the best device! Thank you! -
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lubihn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hamdir
Old
(Last edited by hamdir; 12th May 2012 at 07:15 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubihn View Post
Hi,

got two HOX in front of me. One HT24 and one SH25.
I can tell you, that at least that two devices have no issues and no differences.

Apart from this, I can tell you a bit about working on quality failures in china:
I'm working for an good known german automobile manufacturer.
We've got a location in China, too. There's no comparison for how different the handling of qualitymanagement is.
In Germany, you face an issue on a product. Talk about it, solve it and the problem doesn't appear on the next day.
In China, you have to talk about the problem 50 times. Explain it to the whole factory. Have another 50 meetings to check if everyone agrees. Then, just when you think you got it, you check the product onces again and have to see, that the problem still appears.
So you start from the beginning.
You can be sure, that issues can be there for weeks... aaah... months!
alright but thats china bro, the weird thing is HTC was Taiwanese builder before ever being a brand, they came to be as device builders for every brand during WinMO days

and since the days of the Diamond they made a reputations on build quality

you saw their high tech factories in the Nexus One making off videos and went

I show off every time my two friends who bought my HD2 and Desire HD come to tell me how their device flew in the air landed on concrete floor and flipped endlessly and yet came out with minimal scratshes (not to count the amount of times those same two phones hit the floor with me)

it's preplexing whats happening with the One X the amounts of random defects is so much that really the chance of getting a defect-less unit is actually not as high as you might think

believe me i'm yet to put two One Xs next to each other and match, difference in screen qualities despite being the same panel id, mainly because of so much variation in the purity of the screen glue and the side-lights

and whats worse most complaints are coming from the HT batches ie: Taiwan

Mine is SH248 built in 8April, i have a perfectly fit screen, no matter how many times the phone overheated the screen is still rock solid rigid and yet Matt_SWE's SH24X is built in 29April and came with the same old dreaded problem, screen being loose out of box...crazy
The Following User Says Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wadelucy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I was thinking to get this phone in Malaysia..but since i saw a lot forumer complain about the defects of this phone..still thinking when is the best time to get this phone in Malaysia..=(
The Following User Says Thank You to wadelucy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lubihn
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
alright but thats china bro, the weird thing is HTC was Taiwanese builder before ever being a brand, they came to be as device builders for every brand during WinMO days

and since the days of the Diamond they made a reputations on build quality

you saw their high tech factories in the Nexus One making off videos and went

I show off every time my two friends who bought my HD2 and Desire HD come to tell me how their device flew in the air landed on concrete floor and flipped endlessly and yet came out with minimal scratshes (not to count the amount of times those same two phones hit the floor with me)

it's preplexing whats happening with the One X the amounts of random defects is so much that really the chance of getting a defect-less unit is actually not as high as you might think

believe me i'm yet to put two One Xs next to each other and match, difference in screen qualities despite being the same panel id, mainly because of so much variation in the purity of the screen glue and the side-lights

and whats worse most complaints are coming from the HT batches ie: Taiwan

Mine is SH248 built in 8April, i have a perfectly fit screen, no matter how many times the phone overheated the screen is still rock solid rigid and yet Matt_SWE's SH24X is built in 29April and came with the same old dreaded problem, screen being loose out of box...crazy
It always can happen, that you're facing issues on a device out of the box.
No matter if it's a HTC, Sony, BMW or Mercedes...

I owned a HD2, too. Super smartphone! But it got it's problems, too.
My HD2's display was perfect. The colors were bright.
I've waited a couple of days and bought a second one for my girlfriend. And the screen was yellowish.

Today it's normal to find differences in devices of the same model. Different locations of production, different supplier for hardware-parts.
On top coming the problems from the production process and manufacturing tolerances.

| Hboot: 1.49.0007 (downgraded) | S-OFF and Root (revolutionary) |
| Radio: 10.53.9020.00_10.13.9020.08_2 | Rom: LeeDrOiD V5.3.0 | Kernel: LeeDrOiD V5.3.7 V5.3.5 | Governor: InteractiveX Interactive (built-in) |
- You guys are taking a great device and make it into the best device! Thank you! -

LakshayX
Old
Thanks Meter 129
HT23D here..no issues whatsoever..SD card storage missing issue is there though..

Sent from my Stunning White HTC One X

Matt_SWE
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
SH24X is an end of April batch, its sad to see they still struggle with this

are you confusing Flex with ripple, is your screen loose a little on the left?
I still have the flex and a loose screen on the left side (not glued very well), but I understand now that i also have a gap on the left side. I can see the gap and dust between the metalframe and the screen.

kannanX10
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Diff serial HT24ET.....usually it will be HT24EW

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
Xperia Z2 & S5 exynos

Z1-S4-XZ-Note2-L920-iphone5-GSIII-one X-XS-4S-note-S2-xperia arc-HD7-venue-desire hd-SGS-x10-i8910 hd

Chelsea FC -- for life

hamdir
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by kannanX10 View Post
Diff serial HT24ET.....usually it will be HT24EW

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
yes the T is odd, maybe a revision or One XL?

proudy99
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm waiting on the replacement for my HT24VW as I has poor Wifi and Screen Ripple.

This was an O2 unit