Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 43,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC amaze case with noise cancellation holes?

Tip us?

junkeeroo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Thanks, Sean.

(Is there a Thanks button on the forum app?)

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA App

seansk
Old
(Last edited by seansk; 10th January 2012 at 09:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 135
I called HTC today and they said NOT and they emphasized NOT to cover those holes, they will affect rectption etc. They were not specific on what each hole is for there are three around the camera, does anyone know, exactly what each one is for...
my guess is one is for noise cancellilng, one for wifi and one for cellular, but don't know which is which...I believe the right one is for noise cancelling, not sure what the top and left are for? anyone know??
thanks

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by seansk View Post
I called HTC today and they said NOT and they emphasized NOT to cover those holes, they will affect rectption etc. They were not specific on what each hole is for there are three around the camera, does anyone know, exactly what each one is for...
my guess is one is for noise cancellilng, one for wifi and one for cellular, but don't know which is which...I believe the right one is for noise cancelling, not sure what the top and left are for? anyone know??
thanks
Figured it out all by self mom!!!!

Did a quick test with the backplate off moving around the house,
left hole is for WIfi,
Top hole is for noise cancellingr,
Right hole is for cellular radio
back hole is for......!!!! j/k
Devices:
HTC Amaze white: rooted S-OFF CM nightly | 4EXT recovery |
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 white: Stock rooted honeycomb 3.1 | 4.0.0.4 CWM

If I have helped you please don't forget to click thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seansk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hd2joel
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansk View Post
thanks

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Figured it out all by self mom!!!!

Did a quick test with the backplate off moving around the house,
left hole is for WIfi,
Top hole is for noise cancellingr,
Right hole is for cellular radio
back hole is for......!!!! j/k
One hole for noise canceling. Other two for stero recording for camcorder. You guys don't research your phones much that is explained on many websites. Google amaze 4g specs plenty of websites explain that. What would a pin hole have to do with WiFi and cell reception. This the first electronic device you have ever owned that doesn't even make sence.
The Following User Says Thank You to hd2joel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phanompin23
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd2joel View Post
One hole for noise canceling. Other two for stero recording for camcorder. You guys don't research your phones much that is explained on many websites. Google amaze 4g specs plenty of websites explain that. What would a pin hole have to do with WiFi and cell reception. This the first electronic device you have ever owned that doesn't even make sence.
Yes. Technically all MICROPHONES!

Petronoid
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I bought one from tpu-cases.com shipped to Canada in a week. Very happy with the case. It has all the right holes in the right spots ;)
Try coupon code "xda" for $2 off. So you'll have the case shipped for around $12.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium

ce3jay
Old
Thanks Meter 9
http://www.amazon.com/Glove-Amaze-Pr.../dp/B00653D7SS

bought that at my tmo store on sale for 10 bux recently

shuvarts
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronoid View Post
I bought one from tpu-cases.com shipped to Canada in a week. Very happy with the case. It has all the right holes in the right spots ;)
Try coupon code "xda" for $2 off. So you'll have the case shipped for around $12.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium
+1 to this. I bought it from amazon. I think the brand name is Diztronic. I got mine from amazon for $10 shipped (amazon prime ). So far, the the diztronic tpu case seems to work perfect for me: it got the holes, has a nice feel to it, and does not feel very bulky too. It also has a pretty good review on Amazon.

I use the black color, but the grey smoke seems pretty cool too. Based on the amazon review, the grey smoke looks better on black amaze (which made me regret it now, I should've tried the grey smoke color ).

ITALIANNYC
Old
Thanks Meter 15
My case doesnt have the 3 holes and it makes no difference at all

imatrap
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITALIANNYC View Post
My case doesnt have the 3 holes and it makes no difference at all
What's your case?

What's the quality of video recording with and without the case?

Called HTC last week and told by 3 employees that they're noise cancellation hole, a secondary microphone, and a vent hole.

ziggy46
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2014

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvarts View Post
+1 to this. I bought it from amazon. I think the brand name is Diztronic. I got mine from amazon for $10 shipped (amazon prime ). So far, the the diztronic tpu case seems to work perfect for me: it got the holes, has a nice feel to it, and does not feel very bulky too. It also has a pretty good review on Amazon.

I use the black color, but the grey smoke seems pretty cool too. Based on the amazon review, the grey smoke looks better on black amaze (which made me regret it now, I should've tried the grey smoke color ).
i have a clear smoke case.... wanna trade? lol