Recovery for locked bootloaders!!!!!

Search This thread

216Monster

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
Flashing the UK firmware to locked bootloader R800X is the same concept behind the Droid X having a locked bootloader but still having custom roms.

The reason we dont have any custom roms or overclocking for this specifc device however. (or so I've been told) Is because the developers aren't Americans and use the R800I unbranded phones so they never spend any time working on helping the majority of users

Man I just wanna help you out. The r800x was not overlooked or left behind by the developers. You should rephrase because I have gotten lots of help/support from the developers in the Xperia Play community. The bootloader on GSM xperia plays can be unlocked via SE's website and constantly has all current sources and new sources to work/build from. Now heres where Your problem comes into play, the CDMA r800x does not have a free easy way to unlock the bootloader and sources for r800x were only just released. So the developers did NOT have the right sources they needed to make reliable roms/kernels for us.

However, There are a handful of custom roms that will work on r800x and there is a CDMA r800x kernel (kernel is bootloader unlocked only of course)

At the end of the day, if your bootloader isn't unlocked, then plain and simply, your missing out !

redjupri

Apr 3, 2011
thank you so much

finaly i have recovery mode in my 234 xplay
just place that file in system C n run it

amansth

Feb 23, 2011
Flashing the UK firmware to locked bootloader R800X is the same concept behind the Droid X having a locked bootloader but still having custom roms.

The reason we dont have any custom roms or overclocking for this specifc device however. (or so I've been told) Is because the developers aren't Americans and use the R800I unbranded phones so they never spend any time working on helping the majority of users

R800x is hardly the majority.
There aren't many roms which work by cwm itself anyways, especially with a locked bootloader.

from tapatalk on xperia play.

Cubsfan3493

Jun 21, 2011
Texas
Recovery for R800X

Guys I am having tons of problems with this. I know how to get adb shell running and all that but does anyone know how to make this work on the mac?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

panzerscope

Jul 9, 2009
Hey guys. This looks interesting. My issue is that im waiting for the official release of ics. My concern is that after getting recovery, any attempt to do an OTA will brick my phone. Anyone know this to be a fact? Thanks

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

brochador

Jul 25, 2011
help

untitledkk.jpg

edit: i plug it on another usb port.. solved..:D

Last edited:

thatsupnow

Jan 31, 2011
Vernon
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 5
Hey guys. This looks interesting. My issue is that im waiting for the official release of ics. My concern is that after getting recovery, any attempt to do an OTA will brick my phone. Anyone know this to be a fact? Thanks

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

Why would it brick your phone? You don't unlock your bootloader for this recovery so you would have nothing to worry about

Sent from my R800a using XDA App

captain67

May 23, 2011
Aldergrove
Works on my Rogers r800a. Now I just need to find some nice stock-based roms. Would be sweet if there was a cm7 or miui ROM that uses stock kernel.

Or better yet, if someone discovered a way to use this for bootloader unlocking (it's a pipe dream, I know)

Sent from Silent Earth 3

cj360

Oct 24, 2011
Some themes yes, be sure to read the first post of the themes thread as it will say for locked and or unlocked bootloaders

sent from my UNLOCKED R800x how about yours?

cedie1001

Oct 10, 2011
Malolos
thanks for the info.
I succesfully install cwm on my play :p
Im backing up my files now, if any case happen i can go back to my stock rom again.
many thanks.

Adam3Sixty

Apr 23, 2011
Exeter
linktr.ee
OnePlus 7T
Firstly, Thanx very much, this worked on my locked R800i :) so I am a happy bunny again now, I have my custom made theme back again.

Secondly, is there any way to update recovery to say DooMLorD's touch recovery? His latest kernels have the newest recovery in them and that are great, so I guess there must be a way.

Finally, some people in this thread nead to just READ everything before they post, I have seen answers posted over and over that wouldn't need to be if people just read the whole thread!! :)

Nos0x

Apr 25, 2006
Staffs
Do I need root access for this to work? I've tried twice and have been unsuccessful even though the device is found by ADB.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys whats happening I came across this in my daily rummaging and will probably help out alot of people here with locked bootloaders. I take no creds for any of this exciting work ALL creds go these guys: nobodyAtall, puppet13th, draco_ag for his effordless testing and debugging
    koushd for writing the piece of software the first place
    Cyanogen for the obvious reasons...

ClockWorkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6 Easy installation for

Xperia Mini/MiniPro/Active/Live With Walkman

1.Run install-cwm?.cmd
    install-cwm1.cmd for Xperia Arc / Neo / PLAY
    install-cwm2.cmd for Xperia Mini / MiniPro / Active / Live With Walkman
    2.Enable USB Debugging on device
    3.Connect your device using usb data cable
    4.Follow on screen instruction

Usage

When booting your phone and when the 'Sony Ericsson' logo appear, press and release continuously the volume down button.
    Once you are in the CWM recovery, use the volume keys to navigate upwards / downwards, the 'home' key to select, the 'back' key to go back.

Disclaimer:
    I can't be held responsible if this Mod bricks your device or makes it explode in your hands! Use it at your own risk! :D

All you need to do is download attchment extract somwhere on your computer and start it up it will do everything automatically! Have fun guys hope this helps:D
    1 small step for android 1 giant step for xperia play!
    With this, could we overclock or flash roms? Sorry, still a little confused...
    I don't know. If there is a 2.3.4 ROM available to flash, and if it could be given CDMA support (if it doesn't have it now), that's what I was thinking. The recovery wouldn't give us the ROM obviously, just make it easier to flash without unlocking the bootloader.

Other than being able to clear cache and making a backup, I'm not sure what else -is- possible now. That's what I would like to find out. Perhaps, Thatsupnow, you might make some suggestions of what can be done. :)

Maybe try that cdma patch that is around here somewhere with generic N.A. Rom but then again it would have to be a backup of the rom.... I think, in order to get the rom and radio working. If you want I could always make a backup of this rom and you could give it a shot?? Let me know what you think of that idea

Sent from my R800a using XDA App
    This sounds interesting. I'm eagerly waiting for Xperia play 800at first android phone for me. Got my first taste from my hp touchpad cm7. Long time iPhone user jumping ship anyone got a pointers for this Xperia noob?

read, read, read, read, do research, read some more, etc etc etc.