Post Reply

clarification of rooting step by step

OP Bfitz26

12th May 2012, 06:41 PM   |  #11  
prboy1969's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 6,966
 
10,230 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfitz26

I figure there is no choice due to the lack of support i am seeing here if i were in another device chances are i would have been rooted and been foashing by know so i am stick on stock with no where to go not to be rude thanks for the help this far but no one seems to be reading this thread just talking about off topic stuff oh well

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... You need to slow your roll and relax with that ying yang. As for the no support comment, what exactly do you mean? I have personally, in I believe four DIFFERENT threads tried helping you. So have others, no one said it was going to easy. Every device is slightly different. We all have lives outside of XDA. Every time I root a device it's a new experience, it never goes as planned. You just have to adapt and move foward. But making FALSE statements like that does not help anyone. Search and read some more. I will continue to try and help you. Oh and FYI there's a little known tradition we have around here of hitting the THANKS BuTTON .

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2012, 09:39 PM   |  #12  
VICODAN's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 475
 
1,686 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... You need to slow your roll and relax with that ying yang. As for the no support comment, what exactly do you mean? I have personally, in I believe four DIFFERENT threads tried helping you. So have others, no one said it was going to easy. Every device is slightly different. We all have lives outside of XDA. Every time I root a device it's a new experience, it never goes as planned. You just have to adapt and move foward. But making FALSE statements like that does not help anyone. Search and read some more. I will continue to try and help you. Oh and FYI there's a little known tradition we have around here of hitting the THANKS BuTTON .

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Apparently watching youtube videos and reading is too much work for him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VICODAN For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2012, 11:41 PM   |  #13  
Bfitz26's Avatar
OP Senior Member
layton
Thanks Meter: 349
 
2,115 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Sorry dude on my phone will hit the thanks when i get at a pc and a little frustrated no offence and no one on this thread has really responded directly to my op so i am a little frustrated not trying to cause turmoil here...

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA
13th May 2012, 12:56 AM   |  #14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 554
 
451 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICODAN

Apparently watching youtube videos and reading is too much work for him.

To many "one-click" programs for other phones have made people not truely understand/know what they are doing. Its a shame.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to one_love_420 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2012, 01:11 AM   |  #15  
Bfitz26's Avatar
OP Senior Member
layton
Thanks Meter: 349
 
2,115 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
i usually do know what i am doing how ever i get error listed above so believe i am not putting files in the right places and that is where i usually get a bit confused on proper placemetn of files..
13th May 2012, 01:12 AM   |  #16  
Bfitz26's Avatar
OP Senior Member
layton
Thanks Meter: 349
 
2,115 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
dear fellow xda shift member i truly do apologize for being out of line earlier you guys do help just not my current sitution so it look like as though i might have to suck it up and use the htc unlock too and unlcok the bootloader and watch the videos thanks guys for all you efforts in this matter and i know how this is a hobby and not a profession..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bfitz26 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th May 2012, 04:55 AM   |  #17  
prboy1969's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 6,966
 
10,230 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
All good. Did you ever get it sorted out?
14th May 2012, 05:28 AM   |  #18  
Bfitz26's Avatar
OP Senior Member
layton
Thanks Meter: 349
 
2,115 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Not so much man decided to just use the htc unlocker tool have a few questions about it if you can

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA
14th May 2012, 02:03 PM   |  #19  
VICODAN's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 475
 
1,686 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfitz26

Not so much man decided to just use the htc unlocker tool have a few questions about it if you can

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA

Don't ask to ask. Ask.
14th May 2012, 03:18 PM   |  #20  
Bfitz26's Avatar
OP Senior Member
layton
Thanks Meter: 349
 
2,115 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
ok... will do... i opened the evo 3d bootloader unlock and it mentions i have to upgrade the ruu basically plug phone in enable usb debugging and follow the on screen prompts and nothing happends.. is this something i need to be concerned about?? and the next thing is the img zip for the 3d i am assuming that i don't use that "rom" and i replace that with the downgrade version zip correct?? edit i got the bootloader unlocked now i am trying to figure the next step in the proccess..
Last edited by Bfitz26; 14th May 2012 at 03:59 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes