5,600,571 Members 32,835 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Broken LCD Screen, Force USB debugging

Tip us?

zackf89
Old
(Last edited by zackf89; 12th May 2012 at 08:01 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Broken LCD Screen, Force USB debugging

Broke my phones LCD screen last night.

Droid Incredible Running CM7

I cant remember if i had USB debug on but my phone isnt being detected by abd. I want to be able to remotly control it from my computer using droid@screen but i need USB debugging on.

My screen is completly useless but the digitizer and everythign else is still functional (IE i can unlock using the top button then swipe across to answer phone calls).

My question is: is there any way i can force usb debugging or use a different method to control my phone from my computer to use it to sent texts. (I would use air droid but i cant get to it or see the login credentials b/c my screen is fubar).

Thanks

cmlusco
Old
(Last edited by cmlusco; 12th May 2012 at 06:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 898

DONATE TO ME
So do you want it on or off? Without being able to use adb there is no way to change anything. I guess you could blind flash a rom, most have usb debugging off by default. Or you could blind flash an ruu.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET
The Following User Says Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zackf89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco View Post
So do you want it on or off? Without being able to use adb there is no way to change anything. I guess you could blind flash a rom, most have usb debugging off by default. Or you could blind flash an ruu.
typo thanks for seeing it. I meant that i need USB debugging on to use ABD and droid@screen. I cant get either to detect my phone so im guessing i had usb debug off. I want to know is there any workaround to get these to work either by doing something to my phone even though i cant see the screen. I can click and swipe to answer calls but its too difficult to try and navigate to turn usb debug on without being able to see what im doing.

cmlusco
Old
Thanks Meter 898

DONATE TO ME
You could try to blind flash my rom Touch Of Blue http://dinc.does-it.net/Touch_of_Blu..._Blue_V1.3.zip, thru recovery. It has usb debugging on by default. Although you would have to do a blind wipe as well. Other than that there is not much you can do if you cant use adb and you cant see the screen. Why not just replace the screen, you can get one brand new for arround $30. Or you could probably find a used screen for half that on ebay.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET