Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

App to flash recovery (CWM {or} Stock)! Update (safety fixes) PLEASE DOWNLOAD!

Tip us?

Greenarcher707
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I managed to get cwm installed and booting on my 8gb NT but it freezes when i try to do a nandroid backup either on internal or sd memory. Incompatible with the 8gb nt?

Mobile Manager
Device Roster:
128GB iPad 4 LTE, Xperia ZL, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Gear, Google Glass, Galaxy Note 8.0, iPhone 5 / 5S

mpdt
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I can't get the NT to slide this APK using Astro File Manager. I keep hitting the check mark to allow non-market apps to be installed, but once I back out of the screen the check mark disappears.

Any help???

vocaltreat
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenarcher707 View Post
I managed to get cwm installed and booting on my 8gb NT but it freezes when i try to do a nandroid backup either on internal or sd memory. Incompatible with the 8gb nt?
Yup mine is doing the same thing, sometimes it will just have the cwm logo and then reboot and sometimes it will look like its runing fine until i actually try to do something like make a backup.....then it just freezes with the pic of Mr. android in the back and cwm-based recovery v5.5.0.4 on the bottom left had corner.....so then power off and power back on........im also on the 8gig nt and have rooted via alberts 4.6o update my s

ps......ya i really need to update my sig LOL i havnt been on here in a long while.
Can i get a HOT TUB!
While your at it sign up for dropbox...its a must have!!!
Make My Dropbox Bigger

Kernel
Rodderiks Genocide EC05 Kernel 1.1 |1.4GhzOC|UV|VoodooSound7|VoodooColor
Questions? Hit me up at vocaltreat@devphone.org

Please remember to hit that thank button when someone helps you, Its just common courtesy

Cubanluke88
Old
Thanks Meter 316
This app is only compatible for the 16gb NT. You guys need to setup an sdcard cwm if you want to access recovery and flash stuff.

vocaltreat
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Thanks for clearing that up

Sent from my BNTV250A using xda premium
Can i get a HOT TUB!
While your at it sign up for dropbox...its a must have!!!
Make My Dropbox Bigger

Kernel
Rodderiks Genocide EC05 Kernel 1.1 |1.4GhzOC|UV|VoodooSound7|VoodooColor
Questions? Hit me up at vocaltreat@devphone.org

Please remember to hit that thank button when someone helps you, Its just common courtesy

eggwardo
Old
Thanks Meter 12
So, I used this to put cwm on an 8gb... oops. I then (still not knowing it was only for 16gb) used it to go back to stock recovery. So now i'm told that i have 16gb recovery on my 8gb.

Everything seems to be working fine. But now Indirects unrooter won't work for me. I would like to unroot to try albertwertz's "brick trick" for making sd cards boot without plugging in the cord.

Is this currently fixable? I can't find anything.

Also, It might be a good idea to put something in the OP stating that this is bad for the 8gb.

thanks,

lavero.burgos
Old
Thanks Meter 1307

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwardo View Post
So, I used this to put cwm on an 8gb... oops. I then (still not knowing it was only for 16gb) used it to go back to stock recovery. So now i'm told that i have 16gb recovery on my 8gb.

Everything seems to be working fine. But now Indirects unrooter won't work for me. I would like to unroot to try albertwertz's "brick trick" for making sd cards boot without plugging in the cord.

Is this currently fixable? I can't find anything.

Also, It might be a good idea to put something in the OP stating that this is bad for the 8gb.

thanks,
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1570022 click on the ATTENTION 8GB NT USERS link. Once done your device will be like out-of-the-box so no root.
SG Captivate - PAC ROM 4.2.2 | SGS2X - CM10.1 4.2.2 | NOOK Tablet - CM10.1 4.2.2 |

If i helped you please hit
button -
Your files everywhere! Get dropbox 2GB+250mb free: http://db.tt/9DHo4Gi

VIDEO TUTORIALS
My XDA FTP Folder ~ GDrive Folder ~ My XDA Threads
The Following User Says Thank You to lavero.burgos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Indirect
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2952

DONATE TO ME
When I'm able to:
Next update will include md5 check of partition after flashing
New CWM img for both 8gb and 16gb
perhaps a few more things as well. Not sure.

My Google Plus account
My Twitter
Shiftless evo shift developer
Nook Tablet developer-found root (here)

Quote:
Without developers this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.
Developed on the following devices: Evo View, Nook Tablet, Evo Shift, Nexus S 4G (private), Evo 4G (private), Mytouch 4g Slide, Evo LTE, HTC One (In Progress), Moto X
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Indirect For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Indirect
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2952

DONATE TO ME
Updated but made a new thread since I wanted to keep track of things easier. Can a mod please close / delete this thread?

My Google Plus account
My Twitter
Shiftless evo shift developer
Nook Tablet developer-found root (here)

Quote:
Without developers this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.
Developed on the following devices: Evo View, Nook Tablet, Evo Shift, Nexus S 4G (private), Evo 4G (private), Mytouch 4g Slide, Evo LTE, HTC One (In Progress), Moto X

yumms
Old
(Last edited by yumms; 25th May 2012 at 02:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 91
nm...all set

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe