[APP] Samsung Galaxy S II Toolkit Beta V2.4 *ICS ROOT READY!!!*

Search This thread

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
NOTICE - Just wanted to let everyone know that the toolkit might not be updated for a while. Not because I am not working on it. But I am switching programming languages and improving a lot of aspects of the toolkit. Mostly because of the feedback I have gotten. I am going to be doing the toolkit in a way that will save you all a lot of hassle with installing and downloading, and the next major release will also auto update. I will however be doing bug fixes until the next release. I want to thank all of my followers and donors for the continuous feedback and support. I do this all for you.
Thanks,
Ajster1989

Rooting and Flashing has never been easier.

Samsung Galaxy S II Toolkit Beta V2.3

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You need to delete the T989 folder to use the ICS Root Update... Just for tonight till I get a real update out tomorrow.

Here is what it can do so far:
- At start it checks to see if USB Drivers is installed, if it's not installed will download and installs Kies for you. (This insures that your USB Drivers are correctly installed)
- At start it checks for USB debugging connection to ADB
- Phone selection menu to chose which SGS II phone you have, and set's tool kit up for that phone.
- Only downloads the files for the phone you select (Currently only T989)
- Guides you through installing CWM
- Guides you through Rooting your device
- Guides you through Flashing a Custom ROM
- Guides you through Flashing back to STOCK (Auto downloads when needed)
- Reboots Recovery and Download
- Side Load APK's
- Keeps track of your current phone, last flashed recovery, last flashed rom.

Want a feature that I haven't added, request it in the comments or PM me and it might be added to my next release.
Features to come in next release:
- I will be adding support for ROMs to be flashed through ODIN.
- I will be looking into adding a menu of different ROMs to download
- I will be adding Super.Wipe Script, will be pushed with all ROMs. (Waiting for Dev Permission)
- I will be adding also the counter reset script as an option.

Please let me know of any bugs.
Known Bug's so far:

-none (let's find some)

The more feedback I get the quicker I will have a better version, will be adding support for the rest of the family of SGS II's too.

Download from my website at the link below...

No install needed, I recommend putting the file inside a folder by itself.

Change Log:
Beta V2.4 [Skyrocket Release Update]
- MSI Settup
- Added AT&T's Skyrocket Support :D
- To much stupid small stuff to list...
- Bug Fixes

Beta V2.3 [Framework Update]
- Changed file structure of the toolkit to accommodate for multiple phone users.
- Laid the groundwork for additional support for the other SGSII Phones.
- Finished Skyrocket Menu's, still working on best rooting method)
- Phone specific files only downloaded if phone is selected.
- Some Animations
- Added option to flash any extra zip to the device.
- Link to XDA's Samsung Android Forum, for quick access. :D
- Other stuff i can't remember.

Beta V2.0 [Major Update]
- Started adding future support for more SGSII Phones
- Fixed Download Bug for STOCK MD5 file.
- Added Phone Selection Menu
- Status bar at bottom of main menu.
- Added Options Menu
- More Animations
- Cut out all .CMD Files

Beta V1.7 [Major Update]
- Eliminated the zip file, single file download, will download files on first run.
- Added both Touch & Hard Recovers:cool:
- Improved Look, and flow of application.

Beta V1.4 [bug fix/minor update]
-Fixed MD5 issue with STOCK Rom.
-Added some animations.

Beta V1.3 [Major Update]
- Fixed USB driver detection issues.
- Fixed CMD.exe issues with all versions of windows.
- Removed Kies and the Stock ROM from the download.
(The program will download it if needed)
- Improved flow of the program.

Also if you have a Q&A about this thread please post it in the Q&A Thread specially created just for that, I would only like Bug Issues and Feature Requests.... and maybe a few words of affirmation.... :)

Q&A Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26112856#post26112856

Spacial Thanks to everyone to donated to help me with this project.
Confirmation number: 6VT346872A596400V - Donated by mojorisin7178 - First Donation... Thank You!!!
Confirmation number: 6BS10184KJ199745P - Donated by pakxelaos

Toolkit Download Link: http://www.dillonpos.com/fmanager/Android/XDA/SGSIIToolkit2.4.zip

Last edited:

Louer Adun

Jan 19, 2010
First of all, The laptop I am using is a Vista machine. When launching the toolkit, I was receiving an error. I was able to resolve by replacing the included cmd.exe with the one in my system32 folder.

Now I attempted to launch again, and seem to be stuck on the "Please plug your phone in to continue" message. Kies has not previously been installed. I tried replugging the phone, but no go, seems to be hung on this screen.

That said, thanks for packaging all the files together, I can manage from this point (I know what to do), just figured id provide some feedback.

Don't forget its mother's day ;)

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
First of all, The laptop I am using is a Vista machine. When launching the toolkit, I was receiving an error. I was able to resolve by replacing the included cmd.exe with the one in my system32 folder.

Now I attempted to launch again, and seem to be stuck on the "Please plug your phone in to continue" message. Kies has not previously been installed. I tried replugging the phone, but no go, seems to be hung on this screen.

That said, thanks for packaging all the files together, I can manage from this point (I know what to do), just figured id provide some feedback.

Don't forget its mother's day ;)

Yes this is a known bug(sorry for that) I have included the kies download link above, please install from there and re-run the program, Also note that if your running on a 32-bit maching there is another kies bug that doesn't allow it to advance.

Install kies, if that doesn't work let me know. Tonight I will be fixing both the kies bug and the 32-bit bug and I will message you when I have it uploaded.

Thanks

Also can you send me the vista file that you used, so I can include it in the next release... I don't have any vista computers lol :rolleyes:4

Reactions: Louer Adun

Louer Adun

Jan 19, 2010
I don't have any Vista boxes either, just rooting the phone as a favor for my dad, and his laptop is running Vista... I was able to install Kies from Samsung's site without issue. Also, after double checking, this thing is 32 bit as well, so that is probably the same problem you had mentioned in your OP.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sent you a PM about the cmd.exe for Vista.

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
32-bit

I don't have any Vista boxes either, just rooting the phone as a favor for my dad, and his laptop is running Vista... I was able to install Kies from Samsung's site without issue. Also, after double checking, this thing is 32 bit as well, so that is probably the same problem you had mentioned in your OP.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sent you a PM about the cmd.exe for Vista.

Well yes the program is 32-bit but the issue is with the kies installation check...
I only programed it to check for it in the ProgramFiles(x86) folder.
I need to als have it check for it in the same location but without (x86) for 32-bit computers.
I tested it out on a 32-bit machine and it didn't progress to the next command.

Pandemic187

Jan 22, 2009
North Carolina
Nice! Considering the fact that I hard bricked my device the first time I tried to install CWM, I'll probably give this a whirl. I'm on W7 x64 - will I have any compatibility issues?

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
I fixed all compatibility issues in the release I just uploaded, but it originally only worked in w7 x64 lol cause that what I have too...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
The files included are for the T989, will add support soon, need to perfect scripting first before I add other phones.

sc0rp1n0x

Oct 23, 2011
Midlothian
Root.zip glitch

The CWM flash worked perfectly, but when I tried the root.zip, it gave an error. (Status=0) Is this due to the OS (2.3.6) or something else?

NVM: It was due to SD Card size, if the card is too small, the root.zip wont work properly.

Last edited:

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
what size is too small, so I can put a warning i'm my program.

Thanks

dirtyhamster73

Sep 26, 2010
Wakefield, MA
I'm having msome mtrouble with this.....it keeps aborting the rooting process, any idea why? Thanks so much!

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

And now the root.zip file is gone from the external sd card...wth. I deleted the tool app and started over and its not installing the root file again.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Ok, I got the root.zip on my sd card....but I'm still getting the error "aborted" message :( My sd card is plenty big enough, it's a 8gb, empty, nothing on it, I put it in for this specifically. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
Are you still at stock?
Which CWM are you using....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTICE - Just wanted to let everyone know that the toolkit might not be updated for a while. Not because I am not working on it. But I am switching programming languages and improving a lot of aspects of the toolkit. Mostly because of the feedback I have gotten. I am going to be doing the toolkit in a way that will save you all a lot of hassle with installing and downloading, and the next major release will also auto update. I will however be doing bug fixes until the next release. I want to thank all of my followers and donors for the continuous feedback and support. I do this all for you.
    Thanks,
    Ajster1989

Rooting and Flashing has never been easier.

Samsung Galaxy S II Toolkit Beta V2.3

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You need to delete the T989 folder to use the ICS Root Update... Just for tonight till I get a real update out tomorrow.

Here is what it can do so far:
    - At start it checks to see if USB Drivers is installed, if it's not installed will download and installs Kies for you. (This insures that your USB Drivers are correctly installed)
    - At start it checks for USB debugging connection to ADB
    - Phone selection menu to chose which SGS II phone you have, and set's tool kit up for that phone.
    - Only downloads the files for the phone you select (Currently only T989)
    - Guides you through installing CWM
    - Guides you through Rooting your device
    - Guides you through Flashing a Custom ROM
    - Guides you through Flashing back to STOCK (Auto downloads when needed)
    - Reboots Recovery and Download
    - Side Load APK's
    - Keeps track of your current phone, last flashed recovery, last flashed rom.

Want a feature that I haven't added, request it in the comments or PM me and it might be added to my next release.
    Features to come in next release:
    - I will be adding support for ROMs to be flashed through ODIN.
    - I will be looking into adding a menu of different ROMs to download
    - I will be adding Super.Wipe Script, will be pushed with all ROMs. (Waiting for Dev Permission)
    - I will be adding also the counter reset script as an option.

Please let me know of any bugs.
    Known Bug's so far:

-none (let's find some)

The more feedback I get the quicker I will have a better version, will be adding support for the rest of the family of SGS II's too.

Download from my website at the link below...

No install needed, I recommend putting the file inside a folder by itself.

Change Log:
    Beta V2.4 [Skyrocket Release Update]
    - MSI Settup
    - Added AT&T's Skyrocket Support :D
    - To much stupid small stuff to list...
    - Bug Fixes

Beta V2.3 [Framework Update]
    - Changed file structure of the toolkit to accommodate for multiple phone users.
    - Laid the groundwork for additional support for the other SGSII Phones.
    - Finished Skyrocket Menu's, still working on best rooting method)
    - Phone specific files only downloaded if phone is selected.
    - Some Animations
    - Added option to flash any extra zip to the device.
    - Link to XDA's Samsung Android Forum, for quick access. :D
    - Other stuff i can't remember.

Beta V2.0 [Major Update]
    - Started adding future support for more SGSII Phones
    - Fixed Download Bug for STOCK MD5 file.
    - Added Phone Selection Menu
    - Status bar at bottom of main menu.
    - Added Options Menu
    - More Animations
    - Cut out all .CMD Files

Beta V1.7 [Major Update]
    - Eliminated the zip file, single file download, will download files on first run.
    - Added both Touch & Hard Recovers:cool:
    - Improved Look, and flow of application.

Beta V1.4 [bug fix/minor update]
    -Fixed MD5 issue with STOCK Rom.
    -Added some animations.

Beta V1.3 [Major Update]
    - Fixed USB driver detection issues.
    - Fixed CMD.exe issues with all versions of windows.
    - Removed Kies and the Stock ROM from the download.
    (The program will download it if needed)
    - Improved flow of the program.

Also if you have a Q&A about this thread please post it in the Q&A Thread specially created just for that, I would only like Bug Issues and Feature Requests.... and maybe a few words of affirmation.... :)

Q&A Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26112856#post26112856

Spacial Thanks to everyone to donated to help me with this project.
    Confirmation number: 6VT346872A596400V - Donated by mojorisin7178 - First Donation... Thank You!!!
    Confirmation number: 6BS10184KJ199745P - Donated by pakxelaos

Toolkit Download Link: http://www.dillonpos.com/fmanager/Android/XDA/SGSIIToolkit2.4.zip
    For anyone having troubles using this method

I created a post in Q&A for this, but if anyone is having problems, read this, and you should get through it and get root if you are on a non-rooted, stock ICS T989.

First off, you will need to download the Galaxy II Toolkit for the T989.
    This is by ajster1989. All credit goes to him.

DOWNLOAD HERE

http://www.dillonpos.com/fmanager/Android/XDA/SGSIIToolkit2.4.zip

After you download and install the toolkit, you will need to connect your phone.. Then open the program. It's default path is C:\Program Files\SGSII Toolkit. After you connect your phone and run the program, click T989 as your device, and it will download the necessary files to your computer in order to do everything.

IF YOU ALREADY HAD THE TOOLKIT INSTALLED, YOU WILL NEED TO DELETE THE ORIGINAL T989 FOLDER THAT WAS INSTALLED. IT IS LOCATED AT C:\Program Files\SGSII Toolkit\Devices. WHEN THAT IS DELETED, START THE TOOLKIT AGAIN AND IT WILL DOWNLOAD THE CORRECT ICS DATA.

After you are to the main screen, click on 'Flash Clockwork Mod HARD/TOUCH Recovery. I recommend the HARD recovery, as it is compatible with most roms.

It will then open Odin and your phone will go into download mode. Click on PDA, then go to the C:\Program Files\SGSII Toolkit directory again, click on devices, then T989, then Recoveries. Select the 'Hard' one.

Your phone will then reboot. You are not quite rooted yet.

When it is rebooted, connect your phone to USB storage, and open your External SD Card, and copy the root.zip to it. This is located in C:\Program Files\SGSII Toolkit\Devices\T989.

After that is copied, reboot the phone by holding down the power, VOLUP and VOLDOWN side buttons. Hold them all at the same time. Hold them until the phone reboots, and you go into ClockworkModRecovery.

When you are in there, use the Volume Down button to scroll to 'Install zip from sdcard', and click on the root.zip that you copied earlier. It will ask you if you are sure you want to do this, click yes. It will then install SuperUser to the system. After that is complete, click 'Reboot System Now'.

Your phone will reboot, and congratulations, you are rooted!

Just trying to help, as I had troubles at the beginning.

Good day all!
    2.3 is up, bug fixes and stuff!!! :)))
    I will make it for the whole SGS II Family when I have time.

Yeah I know ha ha you would think there would be more...