Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,177 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How Not To Brick Your E4GT (UPDATED 10/13/12)

Tip us?

DssTrainer
Old
(Last edited by DssTrainer; 4th May 2012 at 05:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 33
So I'd like to try AOKP. According to the links in the first post, it says I need to follow the QBKing video.

The QBKing video says you need to flash to CM7 first... is this still accurate?
I am on GB EL29 now. Rooted and using Rogue Recovery, but stock
Do I first flash CM7..
then wipe
Then Flash AOKP?

xST4T1K
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by DssTrainer View Post
So I'd like to try AOKP. According to the links in the first post, it says I need to follow the QBKing video.

The QBKing video says you need to flash to CM7 first... is this still accurate?
I am on GB EL29 now. Rooted and using Rogue Recovery, but stock
Do I first flash CM7..
then wipe
Then Flash AOKP?

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. The reason why I had stated to install CM7 was because you need CWM to install AOSP-based roms. At the time CM7 was the easiest way to get it, Now we have the kernel floating around everywhere so you can do this (pulled directly from TCP's AOKP install instructions. I always recommend being on a GB rom before flashing to aosp just in case. I will be updating this thread soon, sorry for the lack of updates, I have been really busy
-Flash EL26 stock CWM kernel via the PDA option in ODIN/Mobile ODIN
-When phone begins reboot, Hold Power + Volume up until boots into recovery.
-Wipe data/factory, cache and dalvik cache
-Flash ROM
-Flash Gapps
-Reboot

Some reports state that it may need a second flash of the rom to get it to boot. So if your initial rom flash is really quick, flash the rom a second time, right after the initial flash.
PHONE: LG NEXUS 4
ROM: CHANGES EVERYDAY

Silent B0B
Old
(Last edited by Silent B0B; 5th May 2012 at 08:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Attention Kmart Shoppers!( for the older crowd )
Blue Light on my 710 , used the international bootloader
After reading this whole thread I have learned alot! So thank you xda community
I usually research,and I just gave my g/f's nook an Android OS ( which is way easier than phones) and got cocky ... I jump in with both feet forward and whammo!!!! BRICK!!!! Lesson learned , read read read , and when your tired or reading... read some more

**edit**
oh and use the search!!!!

**/edit**

zarthan
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent B0B View Post
Attention Kmart Shoppers!( for the older crowd )
Blue Light on my 710 , used the international bootloader
I remember when it was a blue candle
The Following User Says Thank You to zarthan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sooppex
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Instead of posting a thread, i'll ask here. Either i'm blind or it's not there, but do you have to be on stock EL29 to flash to ICS (FBx,FCx,FDx). I'm looking to go to FD26 and i'm on EL29 now, but I can only assume I flashed the stock rom since I don't have something other than stock recovery. Is a different (Rouge, CWM) recovery needed on EL29 to flash ICS or can I just re-flash stock EL29 then flash sfhub's FD26?

I've been able to do GB flashes without a problem, but this whole hard bricking your phone has made me wait like 3-4 months. I'm done waiting.

Thanks in advance.

sfhub
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6830
If you use the Full ODIN OneClick FD26 flash, it doesn't care what you are currently on or what you have installed. It will just overwrite everything.

If you use the NoData ODIN OneClick, usually upgrades work, but if not (boot loop or lots of FCs), install the Full version or do a factory reset.
Disclaimer: No touchscreens were harmed nor injured during the creation of this post. GPS units were all treated ethically and humanely.
Signed: People against misbehaving Nexus 7 2013s

Quincy_adams
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Default Caulklin E4GT 2 series v1.5 ICS

Does anyone know if I can use CWM to load this rom? Thanks. Don't know the proper forum to ask the question so please be nice and point me to the right forum :)

garwynn
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7397

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy_adams View Post
Does anyone know if I can use CWM to load this rom? Thanks. Don't know the proper forum to ask the question so please be nice and point me to the right forum :)
You can use CWM to load but do so from a GB kernel - EL26/EL29 are the most popular versions. Possibly more news on this soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jamice4u
Old
Thanks Meter 394

DONATE TO ME
Instead of going into cwm my phone says firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. Help my phone can get into download mode but it fails when I try in install a rom or cwm. I think I messed up the phone's cwm. I basically tried to flash EL26 stock kernel with odin 1.85 for FE07.
If I have help you in anyway please feel free to thank me. Thanks!!!

Phone: Galaxy Note 2
ROM: Rootbox-JB-L900-Nightly-20130416
Kernel: 3.0.73Matrix-v 1.34 733-GPU-OC
Baseband: L900VPAMA7

Kebetz
Old
(Last edited by Kebetz; 13th May 2012 at 06:42 AM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
Instead of going into cwm my phone says firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.
Have you resolved this or is it off to the graveyard?

Can you still boot to download mode?

What ROM were you coming from?

This may be the same horrible thing that everybody has warned you about, happened to me a few weeks ago...but I had been silly and tortured that poor phone..