Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

How to flash T-Mobile to 3.2 Honeycomb? All tried((

OP alex04210

21st March 2012, 07:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Hi
How to flash Dell Sreak 7 T-Mobile to 3.2 Honeycomb?

I tried everyting and searched everywhere

I tried this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post23833836

but the link didn't work: update.pkg for US 4G

I decided to get this link from wiki http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Dell_Streak_7 (the latest one) but got this massage: "FOTA mismatch"
514 21700 11.810.09.06.00 30 Dec 19, 2011 Latest US 4G rom - this file didn't matched

I even found and tried this method but it didn't work too.
l

Every failed time backed to the original 2.2.2 android (I didn't know if it nessesary to do, but I did)

Is someone knows what to do?
21st March 2012, 09:14 PM   |  #2  
Warren, MI
Thanks Meter: 157

1,360 posts
What do you mean that the link didn't work? I'm downloading it right now, although I don't need it and will delete it.

I encountered the "FOTA name mismatch" doing the official Dell 514 update. I found an old post at some forum that said to rename it to "Update.pkg" instead of "update.pkg" and that worked for me.

The download just finished with no problem at all.
22nd March 2012, 01:30 PM   |  #3  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 790

2,651 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex04210

Hi
How to flash Dell Sreak 7 T-Mobile to 3.2 Honeycomb?

I tried everyting and searched everywhere

I tried this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post23833836

but the link didn't work: update.pkg for US 4G

I decided to get this link from wiki http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Dell_Streak_7 (the latest one) but got this massage: "FOTA mismatch"
514 21700 11.810.09.06.00 30 Dec 19, 2011 Latest US 4G rom - this file didn't matched

I even found and tried this method but it didn't work too.
l

Every failed time backed to the original 2.2.2 android (I didn't know if it nessesary to do, but I did)

Is someone knows what to do?

There is nothing wrong with ANY of the links you posted. Just like wptski said, they are all downloading and opening fine.

If you get a FOTA mismatch then you haven't flashed the correct factory recovery to decrypt the update.pkg, simple as that...

Recheck your procedure, you're doing something wrong but you have looked in all the right places
2nd April 2012, 11:54 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
im in the same situation.. "FOTA mismatch"

are there a "step by step" tutorial to do this??
3rd April 2012, 01:08 AM   |  #5  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 790

2,651 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by langoreta

im in the same situation.. "FOTA mismatch"

are there a "step by step" tutorial to do this??

there are several step by step hold your hand because you're too lazy to read methods here on the forum.. if they don't work you're doing something wrong

Sent from my HP Droid
9th May 2012, 01:36 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
if you go through some of my posts -I only have a few- you will figure out your problem.... I had the same issue there is a particular set of steps that must be done in a particular order to get the DS7 into the correct mode to be flashed...

Its been awhile since I flashed mine to HC but I agree with you..! The info is somewhat scattered & one step isnt even mentioned but is implied & I explain it in one of my posts...
13th May 2012, 05:00 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
Upgrade to HC 3.2 from TM 4G DS7
Dear friends;
To upgrade to HC 3.2 you should go to DS7 General tab. Look for upgrade TM-4G. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1286295

I luckily upgraded to HC with lots of searching and lost time.
The key is to follow The Manii instruction and install USB driver. Without the USB driver you can not enter Fastboot.
I have described my luck to successful upgrade as follows:

I finally upgraded my TMO 4G DS7 to HC 3.2. It is by some luck that I had downloaded a USB driver awhile ago. I tried it and it installed and I could fastboot from my XP (I don't have W7 driver) computer. Please do not ask where I found the driver because I don't remember. I downloaded it back in September from somewhere in XDA forum.
I do have the driver for XP but don't know how to upload here to share with everyone. For those who want the driver please send me your email.
I followed The Manii instruction and XDA Flashing Guide with the following details:
1. Save the recovery-Froyo-us.img in the same folder as fastboot (exe) file in XP computer, say C:\Android. And save update.pkg in the root of external SD card
2. Fastboot DS7 (vol- plus power button). Will see fastboot.... on the DS7 screen
3. Connect USB cable from DS7 to XP computer. Your computer may ask to install 'USB driver'. This was where I got stuck for hours until I found the driver on my computer. Thanks to post # 165, 166. Read posts on page 17. There are good hints there.
4. In Windows XP after driver has been installed, Click Start then Run 'fastboot flash recovery recovery-froyo-US.img' (use Browse to go to the folder where fastboot.exe is located). You will see something 'recovery...'. It seems stuck as if nothing happens there for awhile (just be patient for few minutes)
5. Reset DS7 by pressing the PIN hole near SD card
6. Enter recovery mode on DS7 by pressing Vol+ plus power button
7. Navigate to Software update via Update.pkg on SD card
Few minutes later, reboot and Bingo Honeycomb 3.2.
So far everything seems to work fine but I'm not very impressed with the screen. The characters are rather small and not as easy to read as on Froyo 2.2.2. It uses far more memory (RAM) than Froyo. Video chat works on Gtalk and Skype. GrooveIP works (phone app using Gvoice number).
Good luck.

Our friend Clickslick also posted links to USB driver and others. Goto page 20 or so of the thread post #196

To get fastboot to work I had to download this file:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/5bgRBX5

from this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=878786

and used this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHDAtiaYEM8

to setup the "fastboot driver"

How to do the Driver setup:

Download the above file and unzip it this folder contains the driver needed to get past the initial plug-in of the DS7 to the PC while the DS7 is in "Fastboot Mode" select the folder of the DLed above driver and it will fail but now you leave the DS7 plugged in and go into your device manager and do as the above video shows...

now the DS7 will show as something useful...

now you will go to a dos promt by typing CMD in the run bar and following the steps on page 11 of this thread and running the command line there in post #103 it will then finish that... you will need a staple to turn off the unit in the sd card area on the left small hole...

then you will proceed with the right update.pkg file on the root of the sim card boot the unit using the + and power and select the update from sim and it works

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minhphuongpham For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dell streak 7, honeycomb, t-mobile
Previous Thread Next Thread