MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

[Q] Phone turns off randomly

13th May 2012, 03:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

59 posts
More
My phone randomly turns off when I'm not using it. (Like when I leave it too charge overnight or don't use it for a couple hours)
What could be the problem? How to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Benwaffle
13th May 2012, 04:24 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cape Coral, Fl
Thanks Meter: 32

106 posts
More
are u rooted? have cwm installed? custom rom?
13th May 2012, 02:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

59 posts
More
Rooted, ardatdat kernel, cwmr. Actually it didn't seem to happen last night, and I just installed the new kernel yesterday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using XDA
13th May 2012, 07:18 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 27

136 posts
if it happens again after you changed the kernel, try a different rom and stay away from overclocking it and stuff. can't hurt to inspect your battery contacts if you spilled anything near it.
14th May 2012, 02:15 PM   |  #5  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 100

572 posts
More
Turns off or locks? some people are getting it to lock it's called the sleep death and happens if you put your phone to charge at night with Wifi on. Some people try different Roms to fix this issue.
14th May 2012, 02:49 PM   |  #6  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 793

1,266 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hehe my phone doesn't sleepdeath...I charge it on with wifi...maybe it's different

Sent from my Samsung CAPTIVATE Glide SGH-i927 using xda premium
14th May 2012, 03:56 PM   |  #7  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 100

572 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquethys

Hehe my phone doesn't sleepdeath...I charge it on with wifi...maybe it's different

Sent from my Samsung CAPTIVATE Glide SGH-i927 using xda premium

That was a very helpful post.....Nah just kidding it doesn't happen to everyone. I have had my phone since December last year and I can count on 1 hand how many times it has happened to me. I always charge at night with WIFI on. But when it does happen I simply hold the power button till it reboots, so not a very big issue to me.
27th January 2013, 04:33 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 406

1,443 posts
Donate to Me
More
Reviving this thread because I'm having a similar problem...
Running on stock, rooted.
It happens often enough for it to be a problem.
Only concern is when I go to sleep and rely on my phone as an alarm clock. I need my phone to work
Please note last charge cycle on the attached screenshot. Battery was at 84% and completely dead after sleeping for 8 hours. It doesn't even show me how the phone died, or what made it die.

During the day, I think I have the same problem. My phone will simply not turn on at times. I have to do a battery pull before I can get the phone to turn on again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_000001.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1681150  
27th January 2013, 09:12 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 19

120 posts
More
Re: [Q] Phone turns off randomly
Check the battery. Take it out and put it on a flat surface like wood or metal. Spin it like you would as a bottle, if it does that, then your battery is swollen and will cause problems like what you're experiencing. If that does happen, you need to replace the battery, as that is your only option. Sorry . It happened to me, but i was covered under warranty.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda premium
28th January 2013, 01:08 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 406

1,443 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doode2011

Check the battery. Take it out and put it on a flat surface like wood or metal. Spin it like you would as a bottle, if it does that, then your battery is swollen and will cause problems like what you're experiencing. If that does happen, you need to replace the battery, as that is your only option. Sorry . It happened to me, but i was covered under warranty.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda premium

Battery looks fine. Not visually swollen and doesn't spin on a flat surface. Wish I had another battery to test this out...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread