Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,378 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW TO] ROOT HTC RUBY / AMAZE 4G

Tip us?

Fitzylb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stuck after unlocking bootloader

I hate to be the annoying noob (BUT, I did read thoroughly to ensure I wasn't asking an idiotic question) I am stuck almost halfway through the rooting process... I have unlocked the bootloader succesffuly (THX!) and in the middle of rooting the phone i am encountering an error. I have a mac so I downloaded the "RecoveryInstallerForNoobs" noob files I get halfway through it (all the way to the white screen) and when I try to enter "./fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm-ruby-5.0.2.7.img" It says cannot execute binary file... I have tried simply running it as a .bat (I converted it to .sh because I have a mac and made the necessary adjustments to the commands) and it still tells me it cannot execute binary file. PLEASE HELP

YungMage
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzylb View Post
I hate to be the annoying noob (BUT, I did read thoroughly to ensure I wasn't asking an idiotic question) I am stuck almost halfway through the rooting process... I have unlocked the bootloader succesffuly (THX!) and in the middle of rooting the phone i am encountering an error. I have a mac so I downloaded the "RecoveryInstallerForNoobs" noob files I get halfway through it (all the way to the white screen) and when I try to enter "./fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm-ruby-5.0.2.7.img" It says cannot execute binary file... I have tried simply running it as a .bat (I converted it to .sh because I have a mac and made the necessary adjustments to the commands) and it still tells me it cannot execute binary file. PLEASE HELP
You sure you're naming right and it's in right directory. If so might be bad dl re download it and try. Oh also won't work if it isn't on root of hard drive so in c drive. Found that out with some tinkering

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium
The Thanks Button makes me feel GOOD

Current: HTC Amaze 4G Energy ROM 5.31.2012
S-Off
HTC Stock Kernel Image
Titanium backed up Apps 32GB Class 10

Retired: MyTouch with Cyanogen 6.0.0-RC#
RA-Dream-1.7.2G Recovery image
Apps2SD 4GB Class 4 SD ext2
Compcache enabled
Linux Swap
Sd Card Ext3

Quentinfk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So I've read through the instructions, but still don't know what's going wrong.
I'm new to rooting, so I'm not aware of what could be going wrong.
When I go to the HTC Bootloader site and select the Amaze, and then click Begin Unlock Bootloader, nothing happens. Is something supposed to be happening?
I didn't go past this point since I didn't want to mess anything up in the case that something was supposed to happen.

YungMage
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentinfk View Post
So I've read through the instructions, but still don't know what's going wrong.
I'm new to rooting, so I'm not aware of what could be going wrong.
When I go to the HTC Bootloader site and select the Amaze, and then click Begin Unlock Bootloader, nothing happens. Is something supposed to be happening?
I didn't go past this point since I didn't want to mess anything up in the case that something was supposed to happen.
Use links in this post. Sry not by computer but one lets you dl drivers other is to start process. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=20992338

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium
The Thanks Button makes me feel GOOD

Current: HTC Amaze 4G Energy ROM 5.31.2012
S-Off
HTC Stock Kernel Image
Titanium backed up Apps 32GB Class 10

Retired: MyTouch with Cyanogen 6.0.0-RC#
RA-Dream-1.7.2G Recovery image
Apps2SD 4GB Class 4 SD ext2
Compcache enabled
Linux Swap
Sd Card Ext3