13th May 2012, 11:02 PM   |  #11  
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 374

1,629 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazfanatic

No problem and thanks you gave me info I wanted. I side loaded ADW launcher which gives me a tablet format when I want it and I can go back to stock when i want just by hitting the home button. still the geek in me wants to hack it lol

It was the first thing I did with mine. I got mine first month it came out so lots of development hadn't been done yet but it came along quick. Thing I hate about stock is that everytime amazon updates (every 2-3 months it seems) it breaks root so another way to root has to be found. That is enough for me to just stay off stock completely.
The Following User Says Thank You to pre4speed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th May 2012, 02:13 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brockton, MA
Thanks Meter: 1,228

1,890 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre4speed

It was the first thing I did with mine. I got mine first month it came out so lots of development hadn't been done yet but it came along quick. Thing I hate about stock is that everytime amazon updates (every 2-3 months it seems) it breaks root so another way to root has to be found. That is enough for me to just stay off stock completely.

i know the advantages of having root on our phones but what is the advantage on the KF? I side load a launcher and can use it as a tablet or as the reader.
14th May 2012, 02:14 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brockton, MA
Thanks Meter: 1,228

1,890 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyglass123

#cough#got it#cough#

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

#cough#thanks#cough#
14th May 2012, 05:47 AM   |  #14  
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 374

1,629 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazfanatic

i know the advantages of having root on our phones but what is the advantage on the KF? I side load a launcher and can use it as a tablet or as the reader.

It gives you access to google play store which gives you access to more apps. Also needed if you want to install a recovery and try different roms.
The Following User Says Thank You to pre4speed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread